Protect Bradford!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think getting Saffold back makes it easier to wait til the second round to get a linemen. Great OGs to be had in the second, and a guy like Tiny Richardson would be a good guy to get in the second for an OT.

I want us to trade down and get Watkins, then trade up and get Robinson/Matthews. I think it's very doable going by the draft trade chart.
I think that this draft offers a lot of options, like the one you just put out there.

Me = Fan of Richardson, like his size, athleticism, and he has a ton of potential. It seems like a lot of people want to deal in absolutes, but in reality, this is a deep draft, and re-signing Saffold affords us a little more flexibility.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think getting Saffold back makes it easier to wait til the second round to get a linemen. Great OGs to be had in the second, and a guy like Tiny Richardson would be a good guy to get in the second for an OT.

I want us to trade down and get Watkins, then trade up and get Robinson/Matthews. I think it's very doable going by the draft trade chart.

While true, I don't want Saffold physically exposed any longer on the edge. Keep him inside and let's see if he can stay healthy for a change.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'd feel much happier about this if we knew whether or not Barrett Jones is close to being ready to start a game in the NFL.
I think us keeping Wells might be a telling sign that Barnes and Jones aren't really looked high on to start for us :(

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think us keeping Wells might be a telling sign that Barnes and Jones aren't really looked high on to start for us :(

Orrr Jones is ready to start at LG and Barnes is the Kellen Clemens of our OL...

Just a thought. We have a long ways to go, man.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Orrr Jones is ready to start at LG and Barnes is the Kellen Clemens of our OL...

Just a thought. We have a long ways to go, man.
Yes we do! So ready for us to finally nail down the OL this year so we can move on from almost a decade of failure. We need fresh young talent to carry us into the next decade! Invest!!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes we do! So ready for us to finally nail down the OL this year so we can move on from almost a decade of failure. We need fresh young talent to carry us into the next decade! Invest!!

Heck man, we give Sam, Stacy, and company really good blocking for a whole year, we're as legit as anybody. I say this with an emphasis on the running game.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Heck man, we give Sam, Stacy, and company really good blocking for a whole year, we're as legit as anybody. I say this with an emphasis on the running game.
You imagine a legit running game with good pass Pro the beginning of last year imagine how much more Sam tears it up with not having to scramble and get injured! People don't seem to realise where Sam excels is having a O-Line worth a damn since he has time to pick apart people and have a running game to support him to keep the D honest. Love when other Rams Fans realise we need to fix this O-Line to be competetive in our division and make a playoff push!
Funny thing is I think Snead and ESPECIALLY Fisher w/ Boudreu) realise this as well and if you look at draft history Jeff has drafted with talent and need being a good mixture. He'll defiantly get us one of those two top Tackles this draft just you watch!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You imagine a legit running game with good pass Pro the beginning of last year imagine how much more Sam tears it up with not having to scramble and get injured! People don't seem to realise where Sam excels is having a O-Line worth a damn since he has time to pick apart people and have a running game to support him to keep the D honest. Love when other Rams Fans realise we need to fix this O-Line to be competetive in our division and make a playoff push!
Funny thing is I think Snead and ESPECIALLY Fisher w/ Boudreu) realise this as well and if you look at draft history Jeff has drafted with talent and need being a good mixture. He'll defiantly get us one of those two top Tackles this draft just you watch!

Yeah, man, that's what I'm hoping for. Fisher's draft history shows he doesn't take OL'man high. However, I don't think he's ever been in a position to draft OL'man of this calibre, either.

You make an excellent point on Bradford's impressive production last year despite having no ground game the first 3 or 4 games. You add in a stout running game AND more time to throw, you'll find we have something special on our hands.

We're gonna see a ton of zoned because teams can't hang with us with straight up man. Ask Indi...

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
I agree Matthews and Robinson look to be cream of the OT crop but why does it have to be Matthews or Robinson (which will require picks 2 - 8). Why can't it be Lewan or Zach Martin or Kouandujo? Tell me why picking the OTs #1-3 last year was better than picking up the #4-5. I actually think another Guard is a bigger need (which we can get in Round 2). We have Barksdale, Jake Long and Saffold (swing man) to fill OT. We only have Saffold and Barret Jones (who I think it the C of the future) at OG right now. Thoughts??

Alan

Legend
blackbart getting the goods:
as Snead mentioned, attempting to put a specific timetable on it right now would be a fool's errand.
As they rapidly back away from the first game of the year timetable.

Just finished an episode of Archer. Great as usual. :ROFLMAO:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Yeah, man, that's what I'm hoping for. Fisher's draft history shows he doesn't take OL'man high. However, I don't think he's ever been in a position to draft OL'man of this calibre, either.

You make an excellent point on Bradford's impressive production last year despite having no ground game the first 3 or 4 games. You add in a stout running game AND more time to throw, you'll find we have something special on our hands.

We're gonna see a ton of zoned because teams can't hang with us with straight up man. Ask Indi...
Man you keep talking like that I might propose to you! lol jk brah jk!
No without a doubt I agree sir! I'd love to see what ol Sammy B could do with a solid O-Line and Rungame... gurantee he'd make our WR's look like studs!

I agree Matthews and Robinson look to be cream of the OT crop but why does it have to be Matthews or Robinson (which will require picks 2 - 8). Why can't it be Lewan or Zach Martin or Kouandujo? Tell me why picking the OTs #1-3 last year was better than picking up the #4-5. I actually think another Guard is a bigger need (which we can get in Round 2). We have Barksdale, Jake Long and Saffold (swing man) to fill OT. We only have Saffold and Barret Jones (who I think it the C of the future) at OG right now. Thoughts??

Why can't Jake M. or Greg R. play OG at a high level until it's time for them to kick out to Tackle? There is reason why they are rated like they are. Does this always gurantee a All-Pro? No, obviously not! But if you were a betting man at picking one prospect to solidify a spot of your OL for the next 10+ years you can't tell me there probably isn't a safer bet than Jake Matthews coming out of A&M. With us taking either top OT prospect we will be set on the OL outside of the C spot depnding on the Wells/Jones/Barnes situation