Protect Bradford!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
"I can't see them picking any receiver either. We have a corral of talent."

quantity does not equal quality- we have no wr with the talent of Watkins. We have some #2 and 3 types- no #1 type. Be nice to have.

I agree, it would be nice, but I think there's enough there with a protected Bradford and running game. Austin/Givens/Bailey/Cook/Kendricks should be able to get the job done.

If they take Watkins, so be it. That would be awesome too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
"I can't see them picking any receiver either. We have a corral of talent."

quantity does not equal quality- we have no wr with the potential talent of Watkins. We have some #2 and 3 types- no #1 type. Be nice to have.

Like all others in the draft they haven't taken a snap in the league yet, they all have to prove themselves at this level.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was a Watkins guy, but we really need to think about protecting Bradford. I say we get some more beef up front with Robinson or Mathews. The number one goal of Snead and Fisher should be to keep Bradford upright.
That and playing to offenses strengths. We saw last year that was pounding the ball.
Picking Robinson or particularly Matthews addresses several issues at once. Starting LG? Check. Replacement for Long? Check. Long term flexability if Barksdale can not be resigned? Check. Pounding the ball? Check. Improved pass protection? Check.
To me it's nearly a no brainer.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If we do go all in on the o-line it will pay dividends EVEN IF Bradford does go down ,IMO had we had a truly elite line last year we'd have won at lest one more under Bradford and 2 more under Clemens ,we are very close to "elite" on the d-line now so it's past time to get there on the o-line.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You may well be right but I have always been under the impression that he was viewed as a center more than a guard. I may be wrong and I know he could potentially do either.

Irrespective of that, I'm not going to lose sleep over Smith and Williams leaving. If we're going to compete in this division we can't be having either of those two anywhere near the starting O line.

Those two weren't much at all. Very average players getting paid more than their true value, ala vet minimum.

I would think playing G is easier than C. I'm sure he can do both just fine or he wouldn't have been as highly regarded coming out. He would have been a second round pick if healthy, I beleive.

Unfortunately the Niners have a similiar situation with Lattimore.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam honing the blade:
Why does Wells keep getting a reprieve?
Not from me he isn't.

800px-Execution_robespierre%2C_saint_just....jpg

tbux

Rookie
That and playing to offenses strengths. We saw last year that was pounding the ball.
Picking Robinson or particularly Matthews addresses several issues at once. Starting LG? Check. Replacement for Long? Check. Long term flexability if Barksdale can not be resigned? Check. Pounding the ball? Check. Improved pass protection? Check.
To me it's nearly a no brainer.

we also were FORCED to play that way- QB hurt, and no outside consistent threats- so to be competitive- we pounded the ball and played D. Got us through. The offense was extremely limited- and with a very good outside threat, we may be able to be a much better offense. We know the line played pretty well- so more depth, but drafting a OT and playing him at OG may or may not be a great thing. RObinson- I can see it- Matthews however may be a big adjustment. Id rather get a game changer like Watkins, then go get line help.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Big, strong, athletic, natural bender. Exceptional technician. Explosive six-inch punch -- quick, active hands. Outstanding base, balance, body control and hand placement. Drives defenders off the ball -- outstanding run blocker. Explosive hip snap. Takes good angles to the second level. Plays with very good awareness -- shows very good athletic ability flipping his hips and adjusting to moving pockets with a jitterbug quarterback. Keen to recognize and quick to adjust to the blitz. Strong finisher -- displays a mean streak and seeks to finish. Has long-snapping experience. Hails from football royalty family -- third-generation NFLer. Tough competitor. Very focused and determined. Humble and grounded. Outstanding all-around character. Film junkie. Extremely durable -- missed no time to injuries.

nighttrain

Legend
I have a feeling that Jones IS ready, could be why we've let Shelley Smith and Chris Williams go in FA?
agreed , and with SB and our improving WR, goin out on limb, we will have both, a solid run game with a vicious passing game. Gotta protect Sam at all costs.
train

nighttrain

Legend
Big, strong, athletic, natural bender. Exceptional technician. Explosive six-inch punch -- quick, active hands. Outstanding base, balance, body control and hand placement. Drives defenders off the ball -- outstanding run blocker. Explosive hip snap. Takes good angles to the second level. Plays with very good awareness -- shows very good athletic ability flipping his hips and adjusting to moving pockets with a jitterbug quarterback. Keen to recognize and quick to adjust to the blitz. Strong fispecsnisher -- displays a mean streak and seeks to finish. Has long-snapping experience. Hails from football royalty family -- third-generation NFLer. Tough competitor. Very focused and determined. Humble and grounded. Outstanding all-around character. Film junkie. Extremely durable -- missed no time to injuries.
Which one? Robinson or Matthews, I hope your talking Matthews for some reason unknown even to myself. But this is exactly why am on this board and not on Rams staff :)
traint

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I look for to draft down and come away with another handfull of picks. Just a shame Snyder doesn't own more teams. We need another idiot like him to trade with.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Which one? Robinson or Matthews, I hope your talking Matthews for some reason unknown even to myself. But this is exactly why am on this board and not on Rams staff :)
traint

Well that is why I left the name off I was hoping we'd have some guesses

tbux

Rookie
Guessing Robinson- who I think is the better fit for us as I think he would be the better OG and better run blocker- if we needed a pure OT right now- Id go Matthews.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
From Nick Wagoner 2/21

Long is the one that is going to take some time given that he only recently had surgery to a fairly dramatic injury. The Rams have expressed optimism that Long would be ready for the regular season opener but as Snead mentioned, attempting to put a specific timetable on it right now would be a fool's errand.

FRO

Legend
I think getting Saffold back makes it easier to wait til the second round to get a linemen. Great OGs to be had in the second, and a guy like Tiny Richardson would be a good guy to get in the second for an OT.

I want us to trade down and get Watkins, then trade up and get Robinson/Matthews. I think it's very doable going by the draft trade chart.