Proposed extra point rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should extra points be kicked from the 15?

• Yes.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • No.

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • I don't know. Is it gay?

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

reggae

Ever heard the term "missing the point"? How does moving the XP back hurt the game? How is the XP being virtually automatic help the game? All of the, albeit extreme, examples I gave were met with the same resistance when they were introduced as well.

What about the 14 game season or the 16 game season? Just as many people got all twisted out of shape about those changes. Heck, just a couple of years ago the 2 point conversion was met with a lot of skepticism and resistance. There is always going to be someone squawking about the sanctity of the game but the fact is, the game has been fluid pretty much since it's inception.

And who says that the longer XP has to be a "huge" improvement to the game? What if it's just a slight improvement? Wouldn't it still be worth doing? And who says the XP "a'int broke"? It's boring and essentially pointless in it's current form. Other than not liking change, what's your argument for keeping it? Moving it back would make it not automatic and increase the value of special teams/the kicker. I think that alone warrants consideration.
The one problem I have with the rule change is. It would eliminate the fake xtra point.