Projected Staff Changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd like to discuss which positions are most likely to see change this week, as alluded to by Fish. Now, granted, Fish usually takes his sweet @$$ time with staff changes and is his own worst enemy in allowing other HCs to snap up the best coaches. But since he specifically mentioned potential for quick turnaround on it, well, here goes:

FIRINGS

Ray Sherman, WRs. Has a long association and history as a WR coach that is quite impressive but the lack of development among the WR corps is likely going to cost him his job.

Chris Weinke, QBs. The game to game degradation in Foles' fundamentals and production is not going to weigh in Mr. Weinke's favor. Fans will say of course that Foles sucks and needs to be cut, but we are not the ones who extended his contract. Keenum did ok and is another guy who is limited in terms of talent, but it might not be enough to keep Chris from being axed.

PROMOTIONS

Jeff Garcia. He was thrown in with the WR group in terms of his unofficial coaching responsibilities, so there is a chance he is promoted to WR coach. But I suspect QB coach is more likely simply because of his background as a player and overall real knowledge of the position at the NFL level. Plus he is a notorious hard worker who I am guessing has impressed Fish.

Rob Boras. Hope I am wrong, but I suspect he will be promoted to OC very quickly. He did some good things in a very small sample size and is clearly going to be an OC someday, and probably now with the Rams.

jjab360

Legend
Most likely if we're not bringing in an outside offensive coordinator there won't be any staff changes at all outside of Boras' official promotion to OC and one of our offensive coaches' promotion to TE coach.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd like to discuss which positions are most likely to see change this week, as alluded to by Fish. Now, granted, Fish usually takes his sweet @$$ time with staff changes and is his own worst enemy in allowing other HCs to snap up the best coaches. But since he specifically mentioned potential for quick turnaround on it, well, here goes:

FIRINGS

Ray Sherman, WRs. Has a long association and history as a WR coach that is quite impressive but the lack of development among the WR corps is likely going to cost him his job.

Chris Weinke, QBs. The game to game degradation in Foles' fundamentals and production is not going to weigh in Mr. Weinke's favor. Fans will say of course that Foles sucks and needs to be cut, but we are not the ones who extended his contract. Keenum did ok and is another guy who is limited in terms of talent, but it might not be enough to keep Chris from being axed.

PROMOTIONS

Jeff Garcia. He was thrown in with the WR group in terms of his unofficial coaching responsibilities, so there is a chance he is promoted to WR coach. But I suspect QB coach is more likely simply because of his background as a player and overall real knowledge of the position at the NFL level. Plus he is a notorious hard worker who I am guessing has impressed Fish.

Rob Boras. Hope I am wrong, but I suspect he will be promoted to OC very quickly. He did some good things in a very small sample size and is clearly going to be an OC someday, and probably now with the Rams.
Except for Boras, I'd Fire all of the above!! and I wouldn't make Boras's promotion permanent!
I'm hoping for a NEW experienced OC!!

Ram65

Legend
Chris Weinke, QBs coach----- just got here. I'm not sure Foles can be saved by any coach. I wouldn't fire him so soon. I don't if it's the coaches or players fault. The Rams do have lots of coaches. I guess some may have to go. I'm not in a position to know who is at fault.