Project the Starting OL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wrstdude

Rookie
LT-Long
LG-Robinson
C-Barnes
RG-Jones
RT-Barksdale

Could be another G taken in later rounds to pull off a starting spot, but I couldn't guess who they'd take/who's capable.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LT-Long
LG-Robinson
C-Barnes
RG-Jones
RT-Barksdale

Could be another G taken in later rounds to pull off a starting spot, but I couldn't guess who they'd take/who's capable.

You think we'll lose both Wells and Dahl, in addition to saffold?

jap

Legend
Just guessing starters. They could sign one/both/other. No idea obviously.

Which LT the Horns select will probably come down to what Coach Bou/Schotty/Fish wants from their scheme. I like Greg as a bulldozing guard/tackle for a strong rushing attack, but if Schotty anticipates having Sam toss the pigskin more, they might want the more versatile and fundamentally sound Jake Matthews.

Last edited:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just guessing starters. They could sign one/both/other. No idea obviously.

Well both wells and dahl are still under contract so we wouldn't need to sign them. I was just asking cause i'd be shocked if we cut 2 more starters after 1 walking in FA. it'd be really hard to start next year with 3, maybe 4 new starters depending on long's health.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I was just about to chime in with the opinion that we likely decide to keep Wells and free up cap room via Finnegan,Saffold and Dahl.
Not a big surprise,although i felt that Wells would get cut over Dahl.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
LT - Long
LG - Yankey
C - Jones
RG - FA TBD
RT - Barksdale

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Been preaching this all off-season:

LT-Long
LG-Robinson(1st rd)
C-Mack (f/a)/Jones
RG-Gabe Jackson/Brandon Thomas(4th rd)
RT-Barksdale

Wonderboy

Rookie
I'm sorry if this question seems ignorant and it is not meant to make fun of anyone... Why is everyone (and by everyone I mean the people that have us drafting Robinson or Matthews) marking our first round selection down as a starting guard? If we drafted an o-lineman wouldn't it be to have him start at tackle? Wouldn't it be as Long insurance early in the year and then to unseat Barksdale and have superior tackles? Again, I would appreciate someone to indicate why everyone else knows this but me, I don't like being left out of something fun! Thanks!

A55VA6

Legend
I'm sorry if this question seems ignorant and it is not meant to make fun of anyone... Why is everyone (and by everyone I mean the people that have us drafting Robinson or Matthews) marking our first round selection down as a starting guard? If we drafted an o-lineman wouldn't it be to have him start at tackle? Wouldn't it be as Long insurance early in the year and then to unseat Barksdale and have superior tackles? Again, I would appreciate someone to indicate why everyone else knows this but me, I don't like being left out of something fun! Thanks!
We already have 2 good tackles in Long and Barksdale. (Barksdale was one of the better run blocking RT's in NFL).. and back in the day Ravens drafted Ogden, started him at guard and moved him to tackle the next season. Maybe they could move Barksdale to guard and if we draft Robinson have him at RT? I think Barksdale is a solid starter imo.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think the idea is that it's better for the rookie to gain NFL playing experience at G rather than tackle. This doesn't preclude him from playing tackle in the future. Ogden is the most common example of this strategy.

Wonderboy

Rookie
Ok so this is more of a bode of confidence for Barksdale than it is a statement about the (low) quality of the top o-linemen coming out. I guess I am cool with that. I guess if the consensus is that we have 2 good tackles but the rest of our depth is lacking maybe that is why it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it!