Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to think that once this Lesnar thing is done, we are going to start seeing the champion every week again.

I think a big part of the negative reaction to Reigns at the Rumble is that we were hearing last year that Reigns was the plan, and we weren't happy with the plan, and the Reigns win seemed to confirm they didn't care what we thought.

One factor that's kind of funny to me... Daniel Bryan was stripped of the title since he wouldn't be able to defend it in a timely fashion (the old school rule was one defense every 30 days, and if you didn't see it on TV, maybe it happened at a house show), and Lesnar has defended that same title all of TWICE since winning it at Summerslam.
Yeah, unifying the belts was one thing now having Lesnar holding the title for so long without a match is another.
The intercontinental championship and the United States championship are utterly meaningless as well. Heck, they ought to unify those as well and at least it might make that more palatable.
Cena turning heel would be great, but it would never happen. And from what I understand its Cena's refusal to do so. Really hampers the story line.
As for the tag team, the USO's just dont have the pop, and I dont know why they broke up the Wyatt family. Never been a huge fan of tag team wrestling, but at this point its unwatchable.
And we should be seeing the Taker make an appearance if he's coming back? At this point I guess he's not

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yeah, unifying the belts was one thing now having Lesnar holding the title for so long without a match is another.
The intercontinental championship and the United States championship are utterly meaningless as well. Heck, they ought to unify those as well and at least it might make that more palatable.
Cena turning heel would be great, but it would never happen. And from what I understand its Cena's refusal to do so. Really hampers the story line.
As for the tag team, the USO's just dont have the pop, and I dont know why they broke up the Wyatt family. Never been a huge fan of tag team wrestling, but at this point its unwatchable.
And we should be seeing the Taker make an appearance if he's coming back? At this point I guess he's not
They need to not only unify the IC & US titles, but build them up again. Stop using the champions as jobbers to the stars for guys going after the WWE Title. Right now, the US Title is being built, but only because it's now tied into this "unbeatable Rusev" plotline.

I've actually heard the exact opposite on Cena, that he's even asked before to turn heel, but WWE doesn't want to do so because of his merchandise revenues (which Triple H even mentioned in the podcast were far and away above everyone else's) and the good press from his work with Make-A-Wish (He's now the top wish filler in the world, passing 400 last April and probably closing in on 500 pretty soon.)

The tag team division was really good for a while... don't know why they broke it up. Me, I'd quietly get rid of the Matadors and bring back Primo and Epico and not book them or anyone else like crap. If you need a jobber tag team, use a couple of local guys or bottom tier NXT guys. Then take all the guys who aren't doing anything, and make teams out of them, without going overly gimmicky. (I like Mizdow's stuff, but it takes away from a tag team wrestling match if one guy can't enter because he's either wrestling himself or his partner refuses to tag him for the heel heat.)

And as for the Undertaker... I LOVE the guy. I think The Streak should have never been broken. But then, I saw this pic from November or December of last year, and I don't want him wrestling anymore....

B44LL7yCIAA9k6O.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wondered if they did the commercial just because Seth's mic wasn't working. And Rusev's flag not working was awesome, and he played it just perfectly.

Did you happen to catch the podcast after the show? They need to make those podcast broadcasts a regular thing.

I didn't. I don't have WWEN, and I don't want it. Plus, I also have to take those podcasts with a grain (well, maybe more) of salt. Some of it has to be scripted.

His REAL podcasts, tho I give a listen every now and then.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Stupid wrestling jokes!

Why did someone steal Kofi Kingston's dishwashing liquid?
It was the Dawn of The New Day.

Why are Triple H's parents the best parents in wrestling?
They changed The Game.

Angry Ram

Boring Raw again. I thought maybe they'll start off with something different with Roman and Daniel Bryan going at it. Then Authority came back, made the typical Big Show/Kane match and the 5 on 2 handicap. C'mon man.

Hey, it's nice to see the WWE champion on Raw. I remember when the champ used to fight on Raw.

Oh look, they are actually giving the IC title some attention, even if it's only for a couple minutes.

Bray Wyatt/Dolph Ziggler was the only entertaining match tonight. It was a struggle to get through the rest.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Boring Raw again. I thought maybe they'll start off with something different with Roman and Daniel Bryan going at it. Then Authority came back, made the typical Big Show/Kane match and the 5 on 2 handicap. C'mon man.

Hey, it's nice to see the WWE champion on Raw. I remember when the champ used to fight on Raw.

Oh look, they are actually giving the IC title some attention, even if it's only for a couple minutes.

Bray Wyatt/Dolph Ziggler was the only entertaining match tonight. It was a struggle to get through the rest.
It's very frustrating, since they have the elements there to make something really good... and you know they know how because NXT is good. The biggest problem with the Authority is that if you wanted to make it all realistic, there is no way the good guys can ever win. It creates what can be called "Darkness Induced Audience Apathy".

Ambrose-Barrett could be good... why does Barrett think he can deny Ambrose a title shot after Ambrose beat him?

I did like Mizdow-Sin Cara... but not as a wrestling match.

Angry Ram

It's very frustrating, since they have the elements there to make something really good... and you know they know how because NXT is good. The biggest problem with the Authority is that if you wanted to make it all realistic, there is no way the good guys can ever win. It creates what can be called "Darkness Induced Audience Apathy".

Ambrose-Barrett could be good... why does Barrett think he can deny Ambrose a title shot after Ambrose beat him?

I did like Mizdow-Sin Cara... but not as a wrestling match.

Pretty much. BTW, I listened to that Stone Cold podcast that happened to be on his website. Triple H missed the point entirely, it's not that we don't like the guys being pushed or think they are being held back. There's so many guys in the back, so many title fueds being wasted b/c all time is spent on evil Authority. And again the time they do get is a couple minutes, tops.

And when you consider how much of the time is being spent on the same promos week after week along with the video packages, couldn't some of that time be spent on other guys? For example, the Cody Rhodes/Goldust thing. Why not have Goldust come out and show their brotherhood and trying to convice Stardust to snap out of his funk, which he refuses to do. Then Stardust can come out and do his thing the next week. Boom. Fued, and people would actually care. Instead, they get 1 minute match, Cody walks away and a 30 second backstage segment.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Pretty much. BTW, I listened to that Stone Cold podcast that happened to be on his website. Triple H missed the point entirely, it's not that we don't like the guys being pushed or think they are being held back. There's so many guys in the back, so many title fueds being wasted b/c all time is spent on evil Authority. And again the time they do get is a couple minutes, tops.

And when you consider how much of the time is being spent on the same promos week after week along with the video packages, couldn't some of that time be spent on other guys? For example, the Cody Rhodes/Goldust thing. Why not have Goldust come out and show their brotherhood and trying to convice Stardust to snap out of his funk, which he refuses to do. Then Stardust can come out and do his thing the next week. Boom. Fued, and people would actually care. Instead, they get 1 minute match, Cody walks away and a 30 second backstage segment.
To a degree, I think people are being held back, but I think it's more incompetence than malice. Cesaro looked pretty strong coming out of Wrestlemania, and then his booking just absolutely ran him into the ground, and the front office doesn't want to take responsibility for that. Then you have Vince on his podcast with Austin making some ridiculous statement about how Cesaro wasn't grabbing that brass ring.\

And, as of now, I disagree on the upcoming Dust breakup being handled wrong... BUT if the current pattern continues for much longer, I'll agree with you. I have a feeling WWE will want to do it a few more weeks where Stardust storms out of the match because the crowd chants "Cody!" at him.

Also, one more wrestling joke:

What is Daniel Bryan's favorite day?
YESterday.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Don't think it's Slater, who is actually fired right now, but it was pretty obviously not Sting.

10391001_660241684105225_7526059548089891567_n.jpg

Angry Ram

^^^^ LOL

BTW, my thing with Cody and Goldust it's that their not getting the time for people to care. Like they were relevant for a brief time early last year I think, and then what? Nothing. I think they went heel at one point and suddenly they are booked to be good guys that have brother issues. And that's the main point that we've talked about over and over again: bad booking.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
^^^^ LOL

BTW, my thing with Cody and Goldust it's that their not getting the time for people to care. Like they were relevant for a brief time early last year I think, and then what? Nothing. I think they went heel at one point and suddenly they are booked to be good guys that have brother issues. And that's the main point that we've talked about over and over again: bad booking.
Yeah, them being essentially tweeners right now for no reason isn't helping them.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Average Raw yet again. I really liked Sting's promo. Wyatt vs Ziggler, Wyatt's promo ( really looks like Undertaker might come back) were good. Ambrose vs Barret should be a good feud if done right. The Authority needs new guys I'm tired of Big Slow and Kane! And J&J officially in a match jeeeez. Did like Roman spearing Bryan though. I like Bryan a lot but his fans that boo everything he isn't in gets old.

Angry Ram

I know it ended with Big Show and Kane, but that tag team turmoil match was fun. It reminded me of when Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle had that Iron Man match on Smackdown!.

Roman and Daniel Bryan just looking beaten up and exhausted w/ mutual respect is a refreshing change. And it may look like Big Show/Kane might be ending (hopefully).

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I know it ended with Big Show and Kane, but that tag team turmoil match was fun. It reminded me of when Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle had that Iron Man match on Smackdown!.

Roman and Daniel Bryan just looking beaten up and exhausted w/ mutual respect is a refreshing change. And it may look like Big Show/Kane might be ending (hopefully).
I was digging on them incorporating the Usos and Reigns being related (and literally almost every Samoan you can name in WWE ever is a part of that family) and using that as part of the match's story. Gives Reigns a little more character which he sorely needs.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Any of you watch the nxt takeover event? Never watched nxt before and my friend at work said it was pretty good so I decided to check it out. For the most part I thought it was pretty good.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Any of you watch the nxt takeover event? Never watched nxt before and my friend at work said it was pretty good so I decided to check it out. For the most part I thought it was pretty good.
I love the NXT Takeover events. It's hard to argue the wrestling there isn't better than the WWE events.

And the NXT women put anything the WWE divas outside of A.J. Lee and Paige can do to shame.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I love the NXT Takeover events. It's hard to argue the wrestling there isn't better than the WWE events.

And the NXT women put anything the WWE divas outside of A.J. Lee and Paige can do to shame.

So true that fatal 4 way the divas had was actually fun to watch. My favorite match of the night was Balor vs Neville. Definitely going to start watching more nxt now.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
How I would fix WWE:

1. I have all the respect in the world for Vince. This company would have never gotten where it is without him. But he needs to pass the reigns (no pun intended) to Steph and Triple H now. Vince is stuck trying to repeat what worked before and it's not. Going by NXT, Triple H knows what he's doing with the book. (The persistent rumor is that Vince is totally hands off NXT and it's Triple H's baby.)

2. End the Authority and any other "evil GM" type angles. If you really want someone to be out there for official contract signings, have someone be a Jack Tunney type president (Mick Foley would be perfect for such a role) who isn't on TV every week, and just shows up for said signings and to announce any major decisions.

3. Turn Cena heel. Yes, I can see where WWE is afraid to do so since he sells merchandise and is literally the all time leader for wishes granted to Make A Wish kids, but it wouldn't have to be forever. Look at the reactions that pre-NWO Hulk Hogan got (VERY similar to Cena now). Now, that's not a problem for him.

4. Part timers should only be brought in to ultimately put over full timers. No more having the part time Rock be the one to end CM Punk's "longest of the modern era" title reign. No more giving Brock Lesnar the title and then having him only make two title defenses (Night of Champions and the Royal Rumble) between Summerslam and Wrestlemania. And definitely no having a freaking part timer end The Fucking Streak. Yes, I'm still bitter about that.

5. If you need to have Total Divas, fine. But don't crosspromote in the Divas division booking. It's pretty stupid when they're having a match between two girls because they were having an argument when the show was filmed a few months ago. It's especially stupid when said plot never gets resolved (at least in WWE). See Natalya hating Eva Marie and Natalya hating Summer Rae for examples of that. And get freaking Tyson Kidd out of the cat themed wrestling gear.

6. While I'm on the topic of the Divas, fire Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox and Cameron. Then either unite the division with the NXT Women's division or bring up Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Bayley (possibly bring Emma back up as well) and let them have actual matches. Start pushing the Bellas more towards non-wrestling roles (although Nikki has improved enough that she can be carried to good matches), and then you have a divas division of AJ Lee (for as long as she's around), Paige, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley, Emma, Naomi, Natalya and Summer Rae. If you let these girls go, they can put on some damned good matches.

7. If you don't have anything for guys on roster, put them together with someone compatible and let them tag team for a bit. A big tag team division helps keep matches there always fresh, so you don't have to run feuds forever (like Usos vs Gold & Stardust was always good, but they ran that feud into the ground). As a side note on both tag teams and feuds being run into the ground, I would have totally bought the Wyatt/Ambrose feud ending with them forming a tweener team and beating the crap out of everyone, maybe even forcing the Authority and those opposing them to team up just to do something different.

8. Everyone needs to have a point. Stop using people you've invested enough into to give them their own entrance music as jobbers, because it's hard for them to STOP being jobbers. If you want to use jobbers to put Rusev over as this great destroyer, use actual jobbers. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen R-Truth (for just one example) fed to Rusev or Bray Wyatt. If we've already seen the match and it was an uninteresting squash the first time, why would the next time be better? In a related point, stop using teams like Los Matadors (who really need to ditch the DOA gimmick) and Slater Gator as jobbers.

9. Unify the US & IC titles so you don't have either languishing on someone Creative has nothing for (such as Dean Ambrose's US Title Reign). Having two titles is a remnant of when the show was divided into two brands, and it's not necessary anymore. The Tag Titles and the WWE/World titles have already unified. And stop jobbing the IC or US champs out to contenders for the WWE title. I'd like the IC title to be what it was in the old days: The title for the guys who could go.

10. Take the number of guys you have who have their own music and divide them equally between your writer staff. Your writer is responsible for finding stuff for his specific guys to do. Put one (or maybe two later) guys in charge of the Divas booking. This will really help Creative to have something for everyone, so no one just languishes and jobs for extended periods.

11. Listen to your fans. They want to pick their favorites and have them be the guys who are pushed. In interviews about the Attitude Era and ECW, I'm always hearing about how it was the crowd who determines who gets pushes and who doesn't and how that was the greatest thing about it. Modern day WWE feels more like WCW where if you got over without permission, you were punished (Jericho has talked a lot about that) and both companies seem to be pushing their choices on you whether you like it or not. I fear Daniel Bryan could become a new Zack Ryder, who was very over but because he was booked so badly, the crowd has been trained to not care about him.

I might think of more later.

Last edited:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
How I would fix WWE:

1. I have all the respect in the world for Vince. This company would have never gotten where it is without him. But he needs to pass the reigns (no pun intended) to Steph and Triple H now. Vince is stuck trying to repeat what worked before and it's not. Going by NXT, Triple H knows what he's doing with the book. (The persistent rumor is that Vince is totally hands off NXT and it's Triple H's baby.)

2. End the Authority and any other "evil GM" type angles. If you really want someone to be out there for official contract signings, have someone be a Jack Tunney type president (Mick Foley would be perfect for such a role) who isn't on TV every week, and just shows up for said signings and to announce any major decisions.

3. Turn Cena heel. Yes, I can see where WWE is afraid to do so since he sells merchandise and is literally the all time leader for wishes granted to Make A Wish kids, but it wouldn't have to be forever. Look at the reactions that pre-NWO Hulk Hogan got (VERY similar to Cena now). Now, that's not a problem for him.

4. Part timers should only be brought in to ultimately put over full timers. No more having the part time Rock be the one to end CM Punk's "longest of the modern era" title reign. No more giving Brock Lesnar the title and then having him only make two title defenses (Night of Champions and the Royal Rumble) between Summerslam and Wrestlemania. And definitely no having a freaking part timer end The freaking Streak. Yes, I'm still bitter about that.

5. If you need to have Total Divas, fine. But don't crosspromote in the Divas division booking. It's pretty stupid when they're having a match between two girls because they were having an argument when the show was filmed a few months ago. It's especially stupid when said plot never gets resolved (at least in WWE). See Natalya hating Eva Marie and Natalya hating Summer Rae for examples of that. And get freaking Tyson Kidd out of the cat themed wrestling gear.

6. While I'm on the topic of the Divas, fire Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox and Cameron. Then either unite the division with the NXT Women's division or bring up Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Bayley (possibly bring Emma back up as well) and let them have actual matches. Start pushing the Bellas more towards non-wrestling roles (although Nikki has improved enough that she can be carried to good matches), and then you have a divas division of AJ Lee (for as long as she's around), Paige, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley, Emma, Naomi, Natalya and Summer Rae. If you let these girls go, they can put on some damned good matches.

7. If you don't have anything for guys on roster, put them together with someone compatible and let them tag team for a bit. A big tag team division helps keep matches there always fresh, so you don't have to run feuds forever (like Usos vs Gold & Stardust was always good, but they ran that feud into the ground). As a side note on both tag teams and feuds being run into the ground, I would have totally bought the Wyatt/Ambrose feud ending with them forming a tweener team and beating the crap out of everyone, maybe even forcing the Authority and those opposing them to team up just to do something different.

8. Everyone needs to have a point. Stop using people you've invested enough into to give them their own entrance music as jobbers, because it's hard for them to STOP being jobbers. If you want to use jobbers to put Rusev over as this great destroyer, use actual jobbers. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen R-Truth (for just one example) fed to Rusev or Bray Wyatt. If we've already seen the match and it was an uninteresting squash the first time, why would the next time be better? In a related point, stop using teams like Los Matadors (who really need to ditch the DOA gimmick) and Slater Gator as jobbers.

9. Unify the US & IC titles so you don't have either languishing on someone Creative has nothing for (such as Dean Ambrose's US Title Reign). Having two titles is a remnant of when the show was divided into two brands, and it's not necessary anymore. The Tag Titles and the WWE/World titles have already unified. And stop jobbing the IC or US champs out to contenders for the WWE title. I'd like the IC title to be what it was in the old days: The title for the guys who could go.

10. Take the number of guys you have who have their own music and divide them equally between your writer staff. Your writer is responsible for finding stuff for his specific guys to do. Put one (or maybe two later) guys in charge of the Divas booking. This will really help Creative to have something for everyone, so no one just languishes and jobs for extended periods.

11. Listen to your fans. They want to pick their favorites and have them be the guys who are pushed. In interviews about the Attitude Era and ECW, I'm always hearing about how it was the crowd who determines who gets pushes and who doesn't and how that was the greatest thing about it. Modern day WWE feels more like WCW where if you got over without permission, you were punished (Jericho has talked a lot about that) and both companies seem to be pushing their choices on you whether you like it or not. I fear Daniel Bryan could become a new Zack Ryder, who was very over but because he was booked so badly, the crowd has been trained to not care about him.

I might think of more later.

Gotta say I agree with all of that but call me crazy I like how Brock has been used. Kinda of a throwback to when Hogan would only defend every once in awhile. Just wish he would do a little more on Raw. According to a site I check for wwe news Brock said he do more but wwe won't pay him to do it. And while I wish the streak never ended the same site did have a few reports saying Taker handpicked Lesner to break the streak. So if that's true ( if we ever find out) I'd be more ok with it.