Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Their first mistake was getting rid of the ring. It was the only thing differentiating it, giving it any flavor. It was a huge mistake to downgrade and they lost a lot of their appeal in I think. Doesn't help the way they present it makes it looks like some low budget, local cable provider wrestling program shot in a high school gym.
Yeah, I hadn't watched TNA in quite a while. But the response was pretty unanimously against going back to 4 sides... and having Hogan make the announcement to do so didn't help.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yeah, I hadn't watched TNA in quite a while. But the response was pretty unanimously against going back to 4 sides... and having Hogan make the announcement to do so didn't help.
Yeah, they really need to clean house and get somebody who actually gives a shit about wrestling back in there. Say what you want about Jarrett, but at least he gave a shit about not being WWE's little brother.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Last night's Raw is my issue with WWE in a nutshell. It's the same formula that's been beaten into the ground: Evil boss screws all around good guy employees. It's boring. And "firing" these guys on air, does anyone really believe after all these years they are never going to show up again? No freaking way. John Cena's reaction at the end was so forced.

My one wish is to give other guys a chance to speak. The New Day group gets no reaction, not even when they try to pump up the crowd. It's embarrassing for them and it's a shame b/c they can go in the ring. Give them a chance to speak, give them a story. Make us care about them. Same way with the Uso brothers. Does anyone care they are tag champs? I take other sibling tag teams either real life (Hardy Boyz) or fake (Edge and Christain, Dudleys), and they all had backgrounds. They all had stories on how they grew up together and struggled to get where they are.

I will say the Dean Ambrose/Bray Wyatt match was fun. Now that is a story, and how you end a feud. Two guys that don't like each other beat the shit out of each other. WWE creative does have the capability to put these stories, but for w/e reason is just not happening.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Last night's Raw is my issue with WWE in a nutshell. It's the same formula that's been beaten into the ground: Evil boss screws all around good guy employees. It's boring. And "firing" these guys on air, does anyone really believe after all these years they are never going to show up again? No freaking way. John Cena's reaction at the end was so forced.

My one wish is to give other guys a chance to speak. The New Day group gets no reaction, not even when they try to pump up the crowd. It's embarrassing for them and it's a shame b/c they can go in the ring. Give them a chance to speak, give them a story. Make us care about them. Same way with the Uso brothers. Does anyone care they are tag champs? I take other sibling tag teams either real life (Hardy Boyz) or fake (Edge and Christain, Dudleys), and they all had backgrounds. They all had stories on how they grew up together and struggled to get where they are.

I will say the Dean Ambrose/Bray Wyatt match was fun. Now that is a story, and how you end a feud. Two guys that don't like each other beat the crap out of each other. WWE creative does have the capability to put these stories, but for w/e reason is just not happening.
IMO, the one thing WWE is missing (besides the fact that we're all tired of this basic plotline) is that Austin won vs. McMahon just as often as McMahon had a win, if not more. With the Authority, the odds are getting SO stacked against the good guys that any victories they win are transitory at best (and Daniel Bryan needing to be stripped of the title REALLY did not help in that regard, particularly with the logic hole it created later of the 30 day rule not applying to Brock). If it gets much worse, the Authority could disqualify faces from matches for being too sweaty, or for having the letter E in their name. You make the situation TOO hopeless for our heroes and we stop caring. And if one or more of the three "fired" turns heel on Cena over it, you just made them look like idiots. In Dolph's case, you just shortcircuited his career (then again, Cesaro was ready to GO as a face after Wrestlemania, and they screwed that up.)

I agree that people need more promo time to give us a reason to care about them (and maybe even bring back managers into widespread use if they can't cut their own promos). Ryback's promo last week was excellent, even though he's not known as a promo guy. In retrospect, it was only to set up how heartbreaking it is now that he's fired.

Ambrose and Wyatt has been an excellent feud, though I hope it's over now since one of those two is going to get seriously hurt if they keep going at it. If I were the writers, I'd make them into a tweener tag team/mini-faction. Have them go maul both the Authority and the faces alike.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Ambrose and Wyatt was definitely the best thing about last night great match. But I think it's time they move on from the feud. Wish Ziggler and Barrett were allowed to put on an actual match. The rest was boring. That ending lol...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Ambrose and Wyatt was definitely the best thing about last night great match. But I think it's time they move on from the feud. Wish Ziggler and Barrett were allowed to put on an actual match. The rest was boring. That ending lol...
If anything, they need to learn that if nothing more is going to happen, go ahead and end it.

For Rowan, Ryback and Ziggler to stand in the ring going between downcast and looking semi resentfully at Cena, and Cena looking helpless for as long as he did made them all look silly.

If anything, at least one of them should have tried "Well, if I'm fired anyway..." and going after Triple H.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
If anything, they need to learn that if nothing more is going to happen, go ahead and end it.

For Rowan, Ryback and Ziggler to stand in the ring going between downcast and looking semi resentfully at Cena, and Cena looking helpless for as long as he did made them all look silly.

If anything, at least one of them should have tried "Well, if I'm fired anyway..." and going after Triple H.

I know it would never happen but I was picturing them turning around and beating Cena down. But yeah I thought it was weird having them all just stand there. Why not charge at triple H and go out swinging?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I know it would never happen but I was picturing them turning around and beating Cena down. But yeah I thought it was weird having them all just stand there. Why not charge at triple H and go out swinging?
I'd have two problems with that.

1. It'd make them look pretty stupid. Cena didn't cause this mess (unless you want to blame him for not letting Edge get murdered), the Authority did.

2. Rowan and Ryback just both had recent face turns (and we're still not entirely sure why with Rowan) and heel turning Ziggler at this point would be a bigger derailment than keeping Cesaro heel after Wrestlemania.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'd have two problems with that.

1. It'd make them look pretty stupid. Cena didn't cause this mess (unless you want to blame him for not letting Edge get murdered), the Authority did.

2. Rowan and Ryback just both had recent face turns (and we're still not entirely sure why with Rowan) and heel turning Ziggler at this point would be a bigger derailment than keeping Cesaro heel after Wrestlemania.

Haha I know I just want to see Cena get his a** beat. Rowan should definitely still be heel I don't care for him as a face. I didn't like Ryback until his promo the other week so I wonder what he will do next after the fake firing. I'm still mad about Cesaro... That guy is amazing in the ring and is getting treated like a fool. After WM30 I thought he would be heading for the top but noooo. Hope they don't make the same mistake with Ziggler.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ryback needs to be heel. Wasting his abilty. He's pretty good on the mike as a heel

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Ryback needs to be heel. Wasting his abilty. He's pretty good on the mike as a heel
His storylines did kind of suck as a heel though... the guy who hates bullies though he's hypocritically the biggest bully since Big Bully Busick (man, I'm old...) and then Rybaxel (who, in storyline, actually parted on good terms.)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His storylines did kind of suck as a heel though... the guy who hates bullies though he's hypocritically the biggest bully since Big Bully Busick (man, I'm old...) and then Rybaxel (who, in storyline, actually parted on good terms.)
I agree the story lines were terrible. I thought his best work was during the CM Punk/Paul Heyman guy series.
The Bully thing really ticked me off as while that was going on the whole Be A Star promo was focussing on anti bullying. Bad move....
As for being old, Jimmy Snuka was my favorite. I was crushed when he lost to Bob Backlund in still one of the greatest steel cage matches ever

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I agree the story lines were terrible. I thought his best work was during the CM Punk/Paul Heyman guy series.
The Bully thing really ticked me off as while that was going on the whole Be A Star promo was focussing on anti bullying. Bad move....
As for being old, Jimmy Snuka was my favorite. I was crushed when he lost to Bob Backlund in still one of the greatest steel cage matches ever
I thin the bully gimmick could have worked with the Be A Star thing... after all, it's not like Ryback was doing this as a face. The bullying was presented as wrong. It's just that they never went anywhere with it.

Did you ever hear about Snuka's current legal issues?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thin the bully gimmick could have worked with the Be A Star thing... after all, it's not like Ryback was doing this as a face. The bullying was presented as wrong. It's just that they never went anywhere with it.

Did you ever hear about Snuka's current legal issues?
Last I heard about Snuka there was legal stuff brewing about his girlfriend that died a bunch of years ago. But that was around Wrestlemania last year I think. Whats up?
On a side note, when Snuka went face he accused Lou Albano of stealing from him. Albano and another wrestler destroyed him, gave him pile driver on concrete and left him in a bloody heap. (Back then they used to cut their forehead with razors to bleed)
I was a kid, but that rocked me to the core! Thought my hero was gonna die!!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Last I heard about Snuka there was legal stuff brewing about his girlfriend that died a bunch of years ago. But that was around Wrestlemania last year I think. Whats up?
On a side note, when Snuka went face he accused Lou Albano of stealing from him. Albano and another wrestler destroyed him, gave him pile driver on concrete and left him in a bloody heap. (Back then they used to cut their forehead with razors to bleed)
I was a kid, but that rocked me to the core! Thought my hero was gonna die!!
Yeah, that's it. A woman died while being his girlfriend. Snuka was considered a "person of interest" in the case, but never charged, and then last year (31 years later) a grand jury reopened the case.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Tamina Snuka being gone from WWE programming.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that's it. A woman died while being his girlfriend. Snuka was considered a "person of interest" in the case, but never charged, and then last year (31 years later) a grand jury reopened the case.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Tamina Snuka being gone from WWE programming.
Lol, I was going to ask the same thing about Tamina. Speaking of which, either play up the diva's or dont. The success of Total Divas has been great but the product is awful IMO. At the very least they should bring back the tag team championship for them.
And back to Smackdown being moved from Friday night, I dont like it. When I was a kid, Friday night wrestling was the cheese. I got to stay up late to watch it. Thats how it is for my daughter and my nephews. They all love it and Friday nights in the summer is WWE time. But that will change.
Of course when I was 10 I didnt have an ipad and a subscription to the WWE network for 24/7 if I wanted....
Did I mention I only pay 9.99?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Lol, I was going to ask the same thing about Tamina. Speaking of which, either play up the diva's or dont. The success of Total Divas has been great but the product is awful IMO. At the very least they should bring back the tag team championship for them.
And back to Smackdown being moved from Friday night, I dont like it. When I was a kid, Friday night wrestling was the cheese. I got to stay up late to watch it. Thats how it is for my daughter and my nephews. They all love it and Friday nights in the summer is WWE time. But that will change.
Of course when I was 10 I didnt have an ipad and a subscription to the WWE network for 24/7 if I wanted....
Did I mention I only pay 9.99?
Wait! It's only $9.99?! ;)

Unfortunately, the Network doesn't carry RAW and SmackDown till like 30 days after the airdate of the show... but you still have DVR and Hulu I guess.

The Divas, I think, need a severe overhaul. The pretty faces that can't wrestle a lick, keep them in valet roles or dump them. Those that have potential, demote to NXT. Then call up Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha Banks.

A Divas division with AJ (although she keeps going back and forth with rumors of quitting), Paige, Natalya (Total Divas makes her out to be completely unlikable, but she can go), the Bellas (much improved, even if Brie's heel turn makes no sense), Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Naomi, Emma (who can wrestle despite inability to get over, and irrational desire for free iPad cases) and Layla would be a pretty deep division of women who can go, although I'm not sure there'd be enough for a tag team division.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait! It's only $9.99?! ;)

Unfortunately, the Network doesn't carry RAW and SmackDown till like 30 days after the airdate of the show... but you still have DVR and Hulu I guess.

The Divas, I think, need a severe overhaul. The pretty faces that can't wrestle a lick, keep them in valet roles or dump them. Those that have potential, demote to NXT. Then call up Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha Banks.

A Divas division with AJ (although she keeps going back and forth with rumors of quitting), Paige, Natalya (Total Divas makes her out to be completely unlikable, but she can go), the Bellas (much improved, even if Brie's heel turn makes no sense), Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Naomi, Emma (who can wrestle despite inability to get over, and irrational desire for free iPad cases) and Layla would be a pretty deep division of women who can go, although I'm not sure there'd be enough for a tag team division.
They mostly wrestle in tag teams any way, so put a title to it, tie weaker opponents to stronger ones and they can make it work.
I guess Im just spoiled having seen the likes of Trish Stratus who was entirely gorgeous and could wrestle the snot out of an alligator

Boffo97

Name
Dave
They mostly wrestle in tag teams any way, so put a title to it, tie weaker opponents to stronger ones and they can make it work.
I guess Im just spoiled having seen the likes of Trish Stratus who was entirely gorgeous and could wrestle the snot out of an alligator
Trish is definitely one of the success stories of the "hire beautiful women rather than women who can wrestle" plan. She started out as yet another pretty face... ended up good enough that if she was a guy, she would have had a world title run. (I'd also put Lita and AJ Lee into that category).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trish is definitely one of the success stories of the "hire beautiful women rather than women who can wrestle" plan. She started out as yet another pretty face... ended up good enough that if she was a guy, she would have had a world title run. (I'd also put Lita and AJ Lee into that category).
And Sable, although we're not supposed to ever use her name...... Shhhh