Pro Football Talk Ramsey Holds Leverage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
McVay didn’t say the Rams would be the ones doing the resetting. I’m sure there have been some discussions to find out what the parties are looking for and Jalen’s agent is well aware of his talent. The Rams don’t want an adversarial relationship with their players in these matters, at least publicly, and they’ve been willing to reset the market before. This idea that the Rams have handed Ramsey’s agent some kind of advantage I think is overblown. I imagine the Rams offered Ramsey an extension he declined, so they had to decide how badly they wanted him. Clearly the front office believed they could make it work, just like Goff, Gurley and AD. So McVay isn’t playing games in the media and negotiating in social media, hows that working in Dallas? I know honesty is unusual in the times we live in but it’s kinda refreshing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think they are just looking at 2021 and realizing that they can't really put much money into this year, so as they get closer to a price tag, they'll figure it out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do an "extension" with higher guarantees during the season which prevents us having to even debate using the tag.

As much as I don't hold it against players who hold out, I also appreciate Ramsey just showing up. Not really trying to have that conversation as contentious as that can be, but he's just gonna play it out and see.

(several players on the cusp of big contracts have showed up only to get injured in TC and have nothing to show for their efforts)

I think Ramsey is gonna be a Ram for awhile. I see him in that AD, Kupp and Goff level of investment from the Rams.

Belichick never pays anyone, but he opened up that checkbook for Stephon Gilmore... you pay shutdown CBs...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, I can get that guys prefer a team. Chris Berman is a HUGE 9ers fan. And, yet, when doing the Rams highlights during the GSOT or when doing various NFL oriented shows, he was always respectful and respected the talent. At least that's what I remember.

Foolio is a knob gobbler.

Dude slobs on teams he likes and gags on teams he don't. It's constant.

Worse, he acts like we can't see it.

I'd debate him in a minute and feel confident I'd kick his ass and I have ZERO NFL sources or time in the media, nor a law degree.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Of course Ramsey holds leverage, we traded 2 firsts for him. However the Rams made sure he wouldn't hold out his final year, giving us 2 years to get the deal done. So Florio is saying the Rams didn't know all of this when we made the deal and isn't part of their plan? So the Rams are the idiots for knowing this all along?

More like Florio is an idiot for trying to make something out of a non -story and just using common sense to figure using 2 firsts in the first place gives leverage to the player, which he is worth btw. Florio is a friggin moron grasping at straws for relevance here.