Pro Football Talk: Rams say 'F the cap (Wagner signing)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If this video was already posted, I apologize and expect the Mods to move it or delete it.

The Rams organization is on a different level compared to most of the other 31 NFL team owners regarding salary distribution (guaranteed) money, (signing bonuses) and all of the other factors involved when it comes to beating the system regarding the NFL's salary cap rules.

The Rams have a salary cap wizard in Tony Pastoors.

(Mr. Pastoors is as good at gets in the NFL)

Without Kroenke opening his wallet and willing to pay out of pocket (even) when the Rams brass convince him to make bad investments, Pastoors' salary cap skills would be limited on most of the other NFL teams.

The (F) those picks and (F) the cap cliches are only possible because of Stan Kroenke willing to pay the piper even if the investments go belly up.

Kroenke puts a lot of stock in his Rams and has wasted tons of money on bad Rams investments.

Stan still keeps putting his chips on the table and we are fortunate to have him as the Rams owner.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdSs0ys-DoI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KHWnmVcUE

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Skip Bayless is a shock jock I know, but he compared the Rams and Kroenke to the George Steinbrenner run Yankees just like I did. :biggrin: I'm seeing Skip in a whole new light now.

oldnotdead

Legend
In the NFL I think it's more akin to the 49ers under Eddie DeBartolo. They were a coveted destination team for talent. If I remember correctly they won 5 Lombardis in 14 years but were competitive even when they didn't. Over one 10 period, the 49res won more games setting an NFL record.

The Rams have 55 wins from 2017 through 2021, which translates to an 11 regular season average. That isn't bad by any measure. That is just the regular season. They have 7 post-season wins in that time span with 1 Super Bowl win in two appearances. So the grand total is 62 wins over 5 seasons.

Les and Sean have been cooking searching for the right ingredients and now they have the recipe. It's why this is their 5 year window because I'm serious, I think Sean stays as long as Stafford stays. The NFC has been weakened and that includes the Buccaneers.

ENJOY THE RIDE BROTHERS IT'S JUST GETTING STARTED