Pro Football Focus breaks down the Rams Depth Chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I wonder if anyone out there has an elite long snapper according to PFF...

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Ogletree, Johnson, Brockers and Stacy stand out as the biggest shafts to me. Then again we're fans, so it's our job to love these guys, but to me the first three guys were certainly not below average, and Stacy was above average.

I like Barksdale, but putting him in the Long/Greg Z tier seems like it could be a reach.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Ogletree, Johnson, Brockers and Stacy stand out as the biggest shafts to me. Then again we're fans, so it's our job to love these guys, but to me the first three guys were certainly not below average, and Stacy was above average.

I like Barksdale, but putting him in the Long/Greg Z tier seems like it could be a reach.

I think Ogletree's grade is warranted but keep in mind that most rookies aren't going to play as well as the average starter.

Johnson and the whole secondary struggled but I've gotta believe we'll see a significant grade boost in the new scheme.

Stacy looked great to us, but at the end of the day, he didn't surpass 4.0 YPC. He still looks to be above average to me but again, he was a rookie.

Brockers grade I don't understand at all. Unless they're grading only on the ability to rack up sacks this grade is way off base. Brockers does his job, and he does it well. Just ask Robert Quinn.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That chart had the Rams as 31st out of 32 in terms of strength of roster IIRR. That alone puts perspective on the legitimacy of their rankings. We should have won what? 2 games last year then? Most of these players were on the team last year. Does ANYONE outside of PFF really think our roster is the 2nd weakest in the league? They may watch games but did they only watch the game against the Cowgirls and then make these assessments? These guys are a joke.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I think Ogletree's grade is warranted but keep in mind that most rookies aren't going to play as well as the average starter.

Johnson and the whole secondary struggled but I've gotta believe we'll see a significant grade boost in the new scheme.

Stacy looked great to us, but at the end of the day, he didn't surpass 4.0 YPC. He still looks to be above average to me but again, he was a rookie.

Brockers grade I don't understand at all. Unless they're grading only on the ability to rack up sacks this grade is way off base. Brockers does his job, and he does it well. Just ask Robert Quinn.

Just seems like a bad deal if you're automatically labeled as below average if you're a rookie. Tree did have a problem with overpursuit, but I'd say he made up for it by being a straight mad man when he got to the ball carrier. 6 forced fumbles is pretty legit. The YPC for Stacy really fell off due to that abomination in Seattle when Long was hurt in week 17, I don't even know if you could count that as a "game."

The secondary may have been poor as a whole, but Johnson normally shaded his guy pretty well. Don't remember too many plays where he played poorly. It seemed to me more of a Giordano/McLeod/Finnegan issue.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Just seems like a bad deal if you're automatically labeled as below average if you're a rookie. Tree did have a problem with overpursuit, but I'd say he made up for it by being a straight mad man when he got to the ball carrier. 6 forced fumbles is pretty legit. The YPC for Stacy really fell off due to that abomination in Seattle when Long was hurt in week 17, I don't even know if you could count that as a "game."

The secondary may have been poor as a whole, but Johnson normally shaded his guy pretty well. Don't remember too many plays where he played poorly. It seemed to me more of a Giordano/McLeod/Finnegan issue.

He's a playmaker no doubt, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

The biggest knock on Ogletree has always been his head game. With a full season under his belt, I think he's going to break out this year when he can think a little less and just react a little more.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
PFF has some uses, but their grading is not at all accurate most of the time. It's mostly a bunch of NFL fans from the UK watching games and grading them without knowing any of the finer intricacies of football, or the play calling or the assignments. I take their grades with a grain of salt, but they do watch the games, so I do consider their input. It's just usually wrong.

That is very funny.