Pro Day Report: Murray could be in mix in run on QB's in Draft/Brandt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Aaron Murray could be in mix in run on quarterbacks in draft
By Gil Brandt

http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/04/16/aaron-murray-could-be-in-mix-on-run-on-quarterbacks-in-draft/

Representatives from 20 NFL teams — including the quarterback coaches from the Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints and St. Louis Rams, the head coach (Gus Bradley) and general manager (David Caldwell) of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and St. Louis Rams director of player personnel Taylor Morton — were present for Georgia’s pro day on Wednesday.

Quarterback Aaron Murray (6-foot 1/2, 204 pounds) was the key participant, with the potential to build some serious pre-draft momentum possible with a solid workout. He was taking part in his first pre-draft workout following an ACL injury suffered in late November and was medically cleared to work out at Georgia’s pro day, but didn’t go through the runs or jumps.

Murray — who has 9 1/8-inch hands — threw 54 passes at the pro day, with just two that would be considered not catchable. He showed good velocity on the ball, but toward the end of the workout it appeared as if his arm got tired. His knee looked stable, but he did wear a brace on it.

Murray — whose mother and father were both present to watch the workout — had a very good pro day. He’s a not-get-too-high or not-get-too-low type of player. If there’s a run on quarterbacks in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft, he could wind up being selected in that round.

Arthur Lynch, TE (6-4 1/4, 256) — Lynch had a 29-inch vertical jump and stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. Lynch caught the ball well with no drops, having one double catch and two really nice outstanding catches.

The workout took place outdoors and was run on FieldTurf.

FRO

Legend
He would be a good pick for us in the mid/late rounds. Solid QB prospect.

V3

Hall of Fame
If they take him in the 2nd or 3rd round, I'll be pissed. I honestly wouldn't even want him in the 4th but I could at least stand it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really like him. All time SEC leader, 4 year starter, good decision maker, good TD to Int ratio. I know they are saying he looks like Drew Brees, reminds me of Montana at ND