Prisco's Targets: Players Each team Should Chase in FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Players to target: Players each team should chase in free agency
March 4, 2014 7:15 pm ET

By Pete Prisco

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...players-each-team-should-chase-in-free-agency

We are a less than week away from the open of the NFL free agency period. And, unlike last year, when fiscal restraint was in play, this one could be a return of the silly season, when teams acted as if they printed money in their facility (Then again, they sort of do).

There is a lot of cap room out there be used up, which should bring a smile to the faces of agents and the players on the market.

On Monday of this week, I did a column detailing the player all 32 teams should bring back from their own free-agency pool of players. Taking care of your own sometimes is the smart way to go.

But for this column, I wanted to look at players each teams should sign from other teams.

I have a different player for all 32 teams because it's impossible for a player to sign with more than one, even though the top players will all have plenty of suitors. I took into account cap situations, so the teams that are tight will have to get bargains, which will be reflected here.

So put on your GM hats and play along -- anger and all:

Arizona Cardinals

Brandon Albert, T, Chiefs: He would be pricey, but they need help at left tackle in the worst way. This is a marriage that could be consummated.
Atlanta Falcons

Linval Joseph, DT, Giants: They need to get bigger and strong inside and Joseph can do that. He is good against the run.
Baltimore Ravens

Evan Dietrich-Smith, C, Packers: They have to get somebody as an upgrade over Gino Gradkowski. Alex Mack is probably not possible now with his transition tag, so they move down the line.
Buffalo Bills

Zach Strief, T, Saints: They had big problems at right tackle with Erik Pears last season. Strief is coming off a good season. He played for Doug Marrone in New Orleans.
Carolina Panthers

Alterraun Verner, CB, Titans: The pass rush covered up their corner issues last season. If they lose Captain Munnerlynn, Verner would be a good replacement.
Chicago Bears

Michael Bennett, DE, Seahawks: They need help opposite Julius Peppers, if he stays. There's a chance Peppers goes, and then Bennett would be the guy.
Cincinnati Bengals

Tarrell Brown, CB, 49ers: They have to get younger outside and he's been a solid, if not special, starter. The price could be right.
Cleveland Browns

Sam Shields, CB, Packers: He would team with Joe Haden to give them a heck of a 1-2 punch. It would be like Frank Minniefield and Hanford Dixon all over again.
Dallas Cowboys

Alex Carrington, DT, Bills: They have little money to spend, so they have to look for bargains. Carrington could be one.
Denver Broncos

Aqib Talib, CB, Patriots: They could lose Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Champ Bailey is getting up in the years. Talib would be a big help.
Detroit Lions

Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Steelers: They have the big threat outside in Calvin Johnson, but they need a good slot receiver inside. Sanders can be that guy.
Green Bay Packers

Tyson Jackson, DE, Chiefs: They could lose three players off their defensive line. Jackson, a former first-round pick, might be a decent option for a team that doesn't do much in free agency.
Houston Texans

Vance Walker, DT, Raiders: They don't have a ton of cap room, so they need to look for bargains. They also need help up front.
Indianapolis Colts

Eric Decker, WR, Broncos: They have a speedy small guy in T.Y. Hilton, but need a reliable chain mover. Reggie Wayne is coming off a knee injury, too.
Jacksonville Jaguars

Michael Johnson, DE, Bengals: They have to get help for their pass rush. Johnson didn't get a lot of sacks last season, but he had a lot of pressures. And he's young.
Kansas City Chiefs

Austin Howard, T, Jets: With Albert gone, they could move Eric Fisher to left tackle and Howard could step in and play right tackle.
Miami Dolphins

Eugene Monroe, T, Ravens: They have to get somebody who can protect the blind side of Ryan Tannehill. Monroe is solid.
Minnesota Vikings

Donte Whitner, S, 49ers: They need a veteran player to help their back end. They were beat too many times last season. He can also help in the run game in Mike Zimmer's system.
New England Patriots

Daryl Smith, LB, Ravens: They will likely lose Brandon Spikes, and Bill Belichick is known for bringing in veterans for a few years. Smith played well for the Ravens last season.
New Orleans Saints

Jonathan Goodwin, C, 49ers: He left the Saints four years ago, but they could lose their center Brian De La Puente. So bring back Goodwin.
New York Giants

Jon Asamoah, G, Chiefs: They have to get better inside on their offensive line. This is young player who has talent.
New York Jets

Golden Taint, WR, Seahawks: They get a reliable, steady receiver in free agency if they sign him and they get a speed guy in the draft. Geno Smith needs help.
Oakland Raiders

Vontae Davis, CB, Colts: They have a ton of money to spend and could use an upgrade at corner. Davis is about to be a rich man.
Philadelphia Eagles

Jairus Byrd, S, Bills: Did you see their problems on the back end last season? Byrd is a ball-hawking safety who would give them star power there.
Pittsburgh Steelers

Kendrick Lewis, S, Chiefs: They don't have any cap room, so signing any players will mean cutting a bunch before the open of free agency. Lewis has been a solid starter, and likely won't cost a ton.

St. Louis Rams

Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants: This would give them a big target to go with Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. Nicks has talent. Jeff Fisher would be good for him.

San Diego Chargers

Trumaine McBride, CB, Giants: They don't have a ton of cap room to go get an elite corner, so they settle for one who played well last season.
San Francisco 49ers

Arthur Jones, DE, Ravens: He is coming off his best season and would be a perfect fit in the 49ers' scheme. Justin Smith isn't a kid anymore.
Seattle Seahawks

Jared Allen, DE, Vikings: Allen has a few good years left and would be a nice veteran addition if they lose Michael Bennett.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Willie Young, DE, Lions: They need a speed rusher to complement what they have inside. Young won't be super expensive, either
Tennessee Titans

Paul Soliai, DT, Dolphins: They need to get bigger in the middle, especially as they use more 3-4 looks. Soliai is a power run player.
Washington Redskins

T.J. Ward, S, Browns: They have big problems on the back end last year. Ward would bring some toughness to the unit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Interesting that Saffold wasn't mentioned for anyone.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I wouldnt over pay for him if he wanted to come in cheap for a one year deal to see if he could get back to old form I would entertain the thought then. Could end up being a steal. it wasnt 2 years ago everybody here would have killed for a reciver like Nicks. Many wanted us to draft him when he came out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He would be a great fit. One has to wonder about his production the last couple seasons. Eli's pass protection and running game have seemingly deteriorated as of late also.
I'd have to pass on Nicks. I think we'll find good production from our WR's once we find stability on the OLine.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I do wonder if a FA receiver makes more sense than a high pick. Not sure that there's one I really love, but I think that group could benefit from a veteran presence.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hakeem Nicks makes a lot of sense to me. The guy has all the potential in the world and is dominate at times. Needs to stay healthy and a little more focused, maybe a change of scenery would do some good. Also, would allow us to address other needs in the draft...Sign me up!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What does that mean ... "Jeff Fisher would be good for him?"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cause Jeff Fisher is good for EVERYBODY:cool:
Yeah, I dunno. I like Fisher and all, but if I have to read about "Smack Cam" 250 times during camp again this year, I'm gonna lose my shit.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I dunno. I like Fisher and all, but if I have to read about "Smack Cam" 250 times during camp again this year, I'm gonna lose my crap.

What's wrong with smack cam?

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Yeah, I dunno. I like Fisher and all, but if I have to read about "Smack Cam" 250 times during camp again this year, I'm gonna lose my crap.
Yeah, I get that, maybe he can run a tight ship like they do in Miami:eek:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just think the playfulness went on a little too long.

Yeah i tend to agree. Dont ge me wrong i loved it and thought it was hilarious but not if it becomes a distraction

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
What does that mean ... "Jeff Fisher would be good for him?"

They'd fit good together. Go for walks on the beach, laugh, cry, hold each other. They are a good match. Could comb each others facial hair.

Prisco is playing matchmaker it seems

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just think the playfulness went on a little too long.

I agree and it seemed in a couple of the vids the players were looking like it was getting old. Long looked a little peeved when they got him in fact.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Only Nicks??? I'd rather see them try and land TJ Ward