Prisco's Mock Draft 1.0--Rams Pick Cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0:
Eagles make Mariota move, pass rushers go fast
March 3, 2015 9:49 AM ET
By Pete Prisco

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...eagles-make-mariota-move-pass-rushers-go-fast

Is there anything tougher than putting together a mock draft before free agency begins?

So much can change the focus of a team's needs in a one-week span. Even so, it's time to unveil my first mock. Why? Fans eat them up, and my bosses love them. It's fun, but tough to do.

While so much can change the next two months, one thing I don't see changing is Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the first pick. They have no other choice in my eyes.

In this mock (one is coming every week until the April 30-May 2 draft), I have the Eagles trading up to the sixth spot to get Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota. It's a bold move, but one I think they should make if possible.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Florida State QB Jameis Winston : This is almost a lock in my mind. How can they go anywhere else?

2. Tennessee Titans -- Southern California DT Leonard Williams: He's the best player in the draft. They have to get better on defense and I think they like QB Zach Mettenberger.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Florida OLB/DE Dante Fowler: He is coming off an impressive combine and would fill a huge need. He has emerged as the top edge rusher.

4. Oakland Raiders -- Nebraska OLB/DE Randy Gregory: He would team with Khalil Mack to give them a heck of a pair of young edge players.

5. Washington Redskins -- Clemson OLB Vic Beasley: He played defensive end in college, but will move to a 3-4 outside rusher on the next level. He's coming off an impressive combine.

6. Philadelphia Eagles (From New York Jets) -- Oregon QB Marcus Mariota: The Eagles would be making a bold move to get a guy who fits what they do.

7. Chicago Bears -- Washington DT Danny Shelton: This is high for a nose tackle, but with the move to a 3-4 they have to get one.

8. Atlanta Falcons -- Kentucky DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree: Their front seven lacks a big-play rusher. Dupree can be that.

9. New York Giants -- Iowa OT Brandon Scherff: They have to get help up front. He could play guard or tackle.

10. St. Louis Rams -- Alabama WR Amari Cooper: They need to add a playmaker to a group of average outside receivers.

11. Minnesota Vikings -- Alabama SS Landon Collins: Teaming him with Harrison Smith on the back end would give them a heck of a tandem.

12. Cleveland Browns -- West Virginia WR Kevin White: After passing on a receiver last year, they have to get one this time. This long receiver would be a big help.

13. New Orleans Saints -- Missouri OLB Shane Ray: They have to get better with the pass rush off the corner. Ray could do that.

14. Miami Dolphins -- Michigan State CB Trae Waynes: A young corner is needed with Brent Grimes getting up in years.

15. San Francisco 49ers -- Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham: They have to get better outside. Green-Beckham would do that.

16. Houston Texans -- Washington CB Marcus Peters: Kareem Jackson is a free agent, so Peters could step in and play if he leaves. If not, he can help in the sub packages.

17. San Diego Chargers -- Miami (Fla.) OT Ereck Flowers: They need to upgrade their line. This kid could move inside to guard or maybe play right tackle and move D.J. Fluker inside.

18. Kansas City Chiefs -- Florida State OL Cameron Erving: If they let Rodney Hudson leave, Erving could play center. If not, he could be a guard.

19. Cleveland Browns -- Louisville WR DeVante Parker: They passed on a receiver last year, so give them two this time around. With Josh Gordon gone, they need help.

20. New York Jets -- LSU CB Jalen Collins: He is long and rangy and coming of a nice combine workout. The Jets need help at corner in the worst way.

21. Cincinnati Bengals -- LSU T La'el Collins: Andrew Whitworth is getting older and Andre Smith can be a free agent next year.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Virginia OLB Eli Harold: They need to get help for the outside pass rush. This kid has all the tools.

23. Detroit Lions -- Florida State DT Eddie Goldman: Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and C.J. Mosley are free agents.

24. Arizona Cardinals -- Oregon DE Arik Armstead: He is a big, physical force in the same mold as Calais Campbell.

25. Carolina Panthers -- Florida T D.J. Humphries: This is a player rising up a lot of boards who I see as a Ryan Clady-type left tackle.

26. Baltimore Ravens -- Ohio State WR Devin Smith: With Torrey Smith likely moving on, they get another Smith to become their deep speed outside.

27. Dallas Cowboys -- Iowa DT Carl Davis: I know they need help up front off the edge, but Davis is moving up on a lot of team's boards and would fill a need inside.

28. Denver Broncos -- Oklahoma DT Jordan Phillips: They are going to a 3-4 and need a nose tackle. This 335-pounder could handle that.

29. Indianapolis Colts -- Mississippi State ILB Bernardrick McKinney: They need to get tougher inside at linebacker. This kid is a big, physical player.

30. Green Bay Packers -- UCLA LB Eric Kendricks: They let two inside backers walk so far, and they need to get faster. Kendricks would do that.

31. Seattle Seahawks -- Miami WR Philip Dorsett: At some point they have to get somebody who can stretch the field. The knee injury to Paul Richardson plays into this pick.

32. New England Patriots -- Michigan TE/WR Devin Funchess: He can take on the same role Aaron Hernandez used to have in their offense. I think he's more of a move tight end on the next level.

Stel

Starter
IF the draft goes that way, Cooper (or arguably White) is the best football player available. Still don't think the Rams will take a WR at #10, but I'm guessing someone else would trade up for our pick and take one.