Prisco ranks all 32 starting QB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-players-ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-quarterbacks/

There is nothing better than arguing quarterbacks.

At CBSSports.com, we've had our fair share of quarterback debates over dinners, and, of course, much of it has centered on Seattle's Russell Wilson.

Some will say I am a Wilson hater, which leads to the debate. Not true. I think he's good. Others I work with think he's great.

Time will tell.

But that's what makes talking quarterbacks so much fun. It leads to thought and debate and arguing and angry fans. That's what I expect my rankings here of the league's starting quarterbacks will do: provoke debate.

Aaron Rodgers stays in the top spot, followed by Tom Brady. Where's Wilson? Take a look. You might be surprised how high he is on my rankings.

You also will get mad because he's behind Andrew Luck.

Even our Jason La Canfora, who I think argued Wilson was better than Dan Marino in his prime last week at our NFL summit, would agree he'd take Luck over Wilson. Wouldn't you, Jason?

What will make putting together these lists tough in the coming years is the glut of good, young passers. Where they are now could be a lot different than a year from now.

Who knows? Wilson might even top the list, even if I doubt it now.

1. Aaron Rodgers
QB / Green Bay Packers
He had a down year in 2015, but he is still the best in football. I expect a big bounce-back season in 2016.

2. Tom Brady
QB / New England Patriots
Does he get better with age? Will he ever slow down? He just keeps on rolling -- and winning.

3. Ben Roethlisberger
QB / Pittsburgh Steelers
He was banged up last season and his numbers were down. But he will be back in a big way in 2016.

4. Cam Newton
QB / Carolina Panthers
He was the league MVP for a reason. He led the Panthers to the Super Bowl and a big reason was because he improved as a pocket passer.

5. Carson Palmer
QB / Arizona Cardinals
He came back from 2014 ACL surgery to have a big year for the Cardinals, taking them to the NFC Championship Game. He just didn't get it done that day against Carolina, and will take that into 2016.

6. Drew Brees
QB / New Orleans Saints
He's older and not the same guy he used to be, but he's close. He led the NFL in passing yards, continuing to roll up big numbers.

7. Andrew Luck
QB / Indianapolis Colts
He had a tough season in 2015, with injuries limiting him. He also didn't play well when he was on the field, but there were reasons. He will bounce back.

8. Russell Wilson
QB / Seattle Seahawks
He improved greatly as a pocket passer as the team leaned on him more in 2015. That's something they need to do even more moving forward. He's ready for it.

9. Philip Rivers
QB / San Diego Chargers
It's a shame his offense had so many injuries last season. Even behind a beat-up line, he still was able to put up some nice numbers and compete. That's the Rivers way.

10. Eli Manning
QB / New York Giants
In his second season in Ben McAdoo's offense, he seemed much more comfortable. With McAdoo now the head coach, it should stay that way for the two-time Super Bowl winner.

11. Tony Romo
QB / Dallas Cowboys
He suffered two broken collarbones that limited him in 2015. He's said to be back healthy again, which is huge for the Cowboys. Romo can still get it done.

12. Matt Ryan
QB / Atlanta Falcons
He wasn't nearly as bad as his critics would lead you to believe, and it didn't help that he was miscast in his offense. Ryan's line needs to be better in front of him too.

13. Andy Dalton
QB / Cincinnati Bengals
He was on his way to his best season until he got hurt late against the Steelers, which forced him out of the postseason. He was answering a lot of critics when he was on the field.

14. Blake Bortles
QB / Jacksonville Jaguars
He rolled up big numbers for the Jaguars in his first full season as a starter. But he has to cut down on the mistakes. As the defense improves, that should help, since he won't play from behind so much.

15. Joe Flacco
QB / Baltimore Ravens
Flacco had to deal with a ton of injuries on offense when he did play last season and then went down himself with a torn ACL. He's said to be making a nice recovery and should be back for the start of the season.

16. Matthew Stafford
QB / Detroit Lions
It will be interesting to see what he can do now that Calvin Johnson is retired. I think he got caught in an offensive identity crisis early last season as the Lions didn't know whether to play power football or chuck it around. When he did settle in, he threw 32 touchdown passes.

17. Derek Carr
QB / Oakland Raiders
He made big strides in his second season in the league, and I would expect even more this season. He plays with a gunslinger mentality.

18. Jameis Winston
QB / Tampa Bay Buccaneers
As a rookie, he showed a lot of poise and the ability to make plays in the pocket. I have a sneaky suspicion he will be a lot higher on this list next year. He does need to cut down on the picks after throwing 15 last year.

19. Jay Cutler
QB / Chicago Bears
He settled in and had a solid season for the Bears in 2015, even though he was limited in terms of weapons because of injuries. I still think he's better than most think.

20. Alex Smith
QB / Kansas City Chiefs
He's done a lot of really good things with the Chiefs, leading them to the playoffs last year. Smith might hate to be called a game manager, but that's what he's asked to do.

21. Ryan Tannehill
QB / Miami Dolphins
He's averaged 25 touchdown passes the past three seasons, yet most would say he's underachieved. It will be interesting to see what he can do in Adam Gase's offense, which is much more in line with his skill set.

22. Kirk Cousins
QB / Washington Redskins
After being a backup for most of his first three seasons, he became the full-time starter in 2015 and did some really good things. He threw for over 4,000 yards with 29 touchdown passes and 11 picks. The question now is whether he can do it again.

23. Teddy Bridgewater
QB / Minnesota Vikings
Before the 2015 season, I thought he'd be a lot higher on this list. But he didn't play as well as expected. He only threw 14 touchdown passes after throwing the same number as a rookie in 2014 in three fewer starts. He has to take the next step this season.

24. Marcus Mariota
QB / Tennessee Titans
Viewed as a bit of a project, Mariota showed that he can make the plays inside the pocket when asked to play in a more conventional offense than he ran in college. The future is bright.

25. Brock Osweiler
QB / Houston Texans
He flashed in his starts when Peyton Manning was injured, which led to his big contract with the Texans. Now comes the tough part: proving he can do it for the long haul.

26. Tyrod Taylor
QB / Buffalo Bills
Taylor impressed in his first season as a starter for the Bills. He threw 20 touchdown passes and just seven picks and showed a flair for making plays outside the pocket. He has the ability to scramble away from pressure. It will be interesting to see what the Bills do with him for the long run.

27. Sam Bradford
QB / Philadelphia Eagles
He will likely open the season as the Eagles starter, but rookie first-round pick Carson Wentz will have the job at some point. In 14 games last season, Bradford threw 19 touchdown passes and 14 picks. The Eagles brought him back, but then drafted Wentz, leading to Bradford pouting about it and wanting to be traded.

28. Mark Sanchez
QB / Denver Broncos
The Broncos signed him as a free agent with the idea he would take over leading Gary Kubiak's offense. Sanchez has done some nice things in his career, but can he fend off first-round pick Paxton Lynch?

29. Geno Smith
QB / New York Jets
Geno is a guy who still has some talent but I don't know if he'll get his shot in New York -- he might have to go somewhere else. If Ryan Fitzpatrick ends up the starter, slot him in at No. 26 ahead of Taylor.

30. Robert Griffin III
QB / Cleveland Browns
The Browns are hoping they can revive RG3, but that's asking a lot. The Redskins babied him with their offensive structure, and now comes the tough part: proving he can play when he can't run around and use the read-option crutch.

31. Blaine Gabbert/Colin Kaepernick
QB / San Francisco 49ers
Who will it be? Who should it be? Maybe Chip Kelly can get the best out of one of these two, but that's a tough task. Kaepernick has the most skills, but can his career rebound?

2555334.jpg

32. Jared Goff QB / Los Angeles Rams
I fully expect the rookie to be the starter from the beginning of the season. You don't take a kid first overall and make him sit -- not with what they have on the depth chart. He will be higher on this list next year.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I can see Seattle fans bitching and moaning about Cam and Luck being ranked above their beloved Russell.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That fucking melon headed Bridgewater is ranked way too high. Please... that's what sticks out most to me.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Luck is way too high, These are mostly based on last year. Bortles, Carr, Winston, and Goff will all move up. Stafford, Rivers, and Cutler, are trending down.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
PT ranks all 32 sportswriters on the internet(plus I get in a plug for my boy Tim Tebow). :snicker:

#32 Pete Prisco
BUUPYyLIAAArMYQ.jpg

Shawnbb158

Starter
I get his reasoning for having the only rookie ranked last bc he is unproven and you can't predict what he will be. BUT He Will beat out case keenum to be the starter and keenum would be ahead of rg3 kaep/gabbert Sanchez geno Smith and tyrod Taylor.. And could argue he should be higher than bradford and brock O

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2555334.jpg

32. Jared Goff QB / Los Angeles Rams
I fully expect the rookie to be the starter from the beginning of the season. You don't take a kid first overall and make him sit -- not with what they have on the depth chart. He will be higher on this list next year.
DAAAAH!!! I would think so!! Idiot Piece!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That freaking melon headed Bridgewater is ranked way too high. Please... that's what sticks out most to me.

First thing I thought too. On NFL Network someone said on passes over 20 yards he had a 35% completion percentage. That should drop him into the mix twenties on this list.

It warms my heart that he is Minnesota's QB.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
This list is all sorts of messed up. It's like he's mixing personal preference and historical stats with last years results and a dash of conjecture. All in all, it's a recipe for some bullshit.

ausmurp

Starter
Luck is way too high, These are mostly based on last year. Bortles, Carr, Winston, and Goff will all move up. Stafford, Rivers, and Cutler, are trending down.

No he isn't. He had nothing around him last yr, just TY Hilton. Terrible running game and terrible OL. Terrible other WRs. Don't forget he threw 40 tds the yr before. I think he's ranked right where he should be.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
No he isn't. He had nothing around him last yr, just TY Hilton. Terrible running game and terrible OL. Terrible other WRs. Don't forget he threw 40 tds the yr before. I think he's ranked right where he should be.
I don't. I think he's way overrated. :neener:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
eww why does Bradford still have a rams photo? reminds me of every time he let us down. Other than that it looks ok, cousins is going to have a better year than Tannehill, smith and Stafford, Bridgwater is way too high also, the dude threw 14 tds lol

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
At least Priscilla thinks Aaron Donald is the 3rd best player in the league.