Prisco/Kirwan: Top 100 NFL players

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Haha sorry guys I looked a little bit but not to hard... Just wanted to get it out there just in case.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I just can't get over the fact that Quinn was only 23 years old last season. Twenty three!!! Top pass rushers built like Quinn have their best year around age 27 (e.g. LT). Last year he was just having fun. Over the next few years he's going to get physically stronger. He's going to get meaner. But he's got that natural bend and lean on the edge (from years of wrestling?), those long arms, that tomahawk chop... 4-3 defenses are keyed primarily by the RDE, and the Rams have the best in the game. If his numbers don't go up, it'll only be because he's commanding so much respect and attention.

But then you add Aaron Donald putting pressure up the middle so the QBs don't have a clean pocket where they can step up. 4-3 Ds are keyed secondarily by a disruptive 3-tech and AD seems like he could be another Geno Atkins (similar size, better measureables and college production).

Add an infusion of secondary talent with Lamarcus Joyner (who I just can't get enough of) and McGee impressing in OTAs. Add Ogletree and TJ McD coming into their 2nd years. Add Brockers and Jenkins and Tru Jo coming into their 3rd.

And most importantly add Gregg Williams fixing the secondary schemes so the QBs have to hold the ball just a split second longer... I can't help but be giddy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kirwan saying that Quinn is chasing Aldon Smith is absurd. Quinn has caught and passed Smith in ability. As goes Justin, so goes Aldon.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there still a really high chance that Smith will be suspended next season?

His first concern is not spending next season in jail. He pled no contest to the charges. I doubt that the judge gives him zero time - he could get over 4 years but that's unlikely too. His sentencing is July 25 - right after training camp begins - there would be a big to do if he got zero jail time. FWIW, a friend got a similar DUI (in a different state) recently, and she got 9 days in jail plus 36 days house arrest. That's without any priors. And that is before the weapons charge, which is the more serious crime.

His first concern is not spending next season in jail. He pled no contest to the charges. I doubt that the judge gives him zero time - he could get over 4 years but that's unlikely too. His sentencing is July 25 - right after training camp begins - there would be a big to do if he got zero jail time. FWIW, a friend got a similar DUI (in a different state) recently, and she got 9 days in jail plus 36 days house arrest. That's without any priors. And that is before the weapons charge, which is the more serious crime.

What's no charge mean? I'm a bit of an idiot when it come to legalise.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's no charge mean? I'm a bit of an idiot when it come to legalise.
Pleading no contest means that you are accepting criminal responsibility - but it's harder to use the plea against you in the future for civil suits. For criminal purposes though it's the same as pleading guilty. He's admitting that the state would convict him if it went to trial.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm still angry that we lost so badly to the 49ers without Smith and Willis. I know it was because we had no run game, but Jesus Christ, we just got annilated. But I agree, without Justin Smith(who really wasn't that good in Cinn) I think Aldon Smith is really average. Considering he didn't have any sacks in that period of time where Justin was hurt.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know JJ Watt is fantastic, but if you are compiling a list of the TOP 100 players of 2013, how is Quinn not rated above him..Dude wasn't even Top 5 in sack totals, and Quinn was extremely good against the run (It's not just about sacks).
It's players opinion, I guess