Prez Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Just right off the bat, I'd totally try and mock a first round trade. I don't think that 16th pick is meant for these Rams. The Tavon Austin steam is just too much, and if he's still there, I fully anticipate them moving down. However, I just want to play this thing straight forward because it's hard to guesstimate what compensation you get in trade and yada yada.

#16 Overall
Rams select-Jonathan Cooper OG
images

I envision a a scenario where teams jump a bit on DT/DE and CB. If a team or two make that reach, I'd expect the Rams to nab their guy. Cooper has built up a lot of cred in his pre-draft workouts and might be taken over Chance Warmack. We're just going to pretend that he's here now.

#22 Overall
Rams select-Jonathan Cyprien S
images

As badly as I wanted to mock a WR (DeAndre Hopkins), this guy is a real deal player. Some don't think he has the ability to play at FS, I think he could no problem. He has great game speed, can lay the wood and has an eye for the ball (8 picks, 22 swatted balls in college).

#46 Overall
Rams select-David Amerson CB
images

This is a guy that really hasn't received the credit he's due. Maybe its because he played at a smaller school, but wow! He's got the size that Fish and the gang love (6'1" 200lbs) and a great sense for the ball. His eagerness to go for the big play saw him get burned in college, but with some coaching, this kid could be like DeAngelo Hall. There are still really only 3 corners on the roster, and this kid could take playing time away from Tru.

#78 Overall
Rams select-Kyle Long OL
images

With much respect to some of the great draft minds on this forum, I feel this guy has been mocked far too high. Could he be a stud? Definitely. Would it be cool to have him and his brother on the same team? Absolutely. He really only played two years of college ball and though he has the pedigree, it might take some coaching to get him to where they want him. Wouldn't start this year, but could be a starting RT by next year.

#113 Overall
Rams select-Aaron Dobson WR
images

The dude just makes catches. Enough said. I'm not sure that he'll make it this far down the line, but he did play for a small school and didn't face that great of competition. He's got size to play on the outside and would likely take a bit of seasoning, but I feel confident that our present core of receivers would allow for that.

#149 Overall
Rams select-Chase Thomas OLB
images

The Rams could have gone OLB earlier, but this guy would make a great fit at SLB. He's a big fella at 6'3" 245 and is able to make his way in the backfield to make the tackle for loss and stuff the run. Not a great player when it comes to pass coverage, but an early down run stopper and thumper.

#184 Overall
Rams select-Dalton Freeman C
images

Just throwing darts at the end. There is need for depth behind Wells now and with Turner gone, the Rams will have to consider someone to groom. Freeman didn't make the combine, but had a great showing at his Pro Day that would have outshined several players that did make the combine.

7th Round: Added Safety depth
Not sure if the staff is lukewarm on Stewart or if something else was in play there, but I imagine they'll take a look at 2 safeties this year, either via this 7th rounder or a UDFA.

Wow, finishing up I'd had hoped to find another starter in this bad boy. I do think that this is a good draft for restocking and bolstering depth though. Amerson and Long would be starters in a year for sure, if Freeman takes Boudreau's teaching he could replace an aging Wells by the end of his contract. Who knows?! I'd appreciate your feedback.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Not that I think you're taking bad players or anything, but I would be surprised if the Rams waited that long to take a WR. I believe they are going to take one with one of their top three picks. The team has been doing way too much research into WR who will be drafted in rounds 1-2 not to take one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Solid. Makes sense on a lot of levels.

But.

If the Rams don't take a receiver with one of their first 3 picks, then they're not serious about trying to upgrade the talent around Bradford. Cook was a nice addition, but now's the time (IMO) to start adding boom-bust type receivers to the roster every single year until we've got it all figured out.

I think you have Long mocked in the right place, but the spin machine has already ensured he won't last that long. He's another got with a high ceiling, and he makes sense for this team before he makes sense for any other team. For that reason, I don't think he lasts as long as you've projected.

I could be wrong though. It happens from time to time.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think 22 for Cyprien is waaaay to early, i think he can be had with our 2nd. I would rather wait and take Shamarko than grab him with 22. I don't get peoples hype on him. I have Elam at two by a good margin. I just dont trust the smaller school guys as much, while i understand many great players came from small school, Elam faced the toughest competition in the country....I also take Cooper over Warmack, just from watching the combine, i like his frame and the way he moves, Warmack seemed lazy and sluggish to me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think I'd rather a WR and S/OLB in the first round, Kyle Long in the second, and another S/OLB in the third.

Otherwise it was a pretty solid draft. like others though I'd be very shocked if we waited that long to draft a WR.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear ya guys on the WR. I don't think it will happen in the 1st. I tried to make it happen in the 2nd, and probably could have, but I really like Amerson there. Really interested in how this draft will shake up, but don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not hating on the need for a WR.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Those are some solid picks! Picks 1-4 are very nice! I'd take that in a heartbeat.

But, I don't think Long falls out of the 2nd.

In addition, I got to believe we'll go WR earlier. We only have 3 guys on the roster (outside of Radway). One of our first 3 goes to the WR position.

One of our first 3 goes Safety.

Rather than a 3rd rounder on CB, we'll address that position later.

I think we trade down somewhere in round 1, with one of those picks or both. It wouldn't surprise me if we only pick once in the 1st when the dust settles (although I have mixed feelings about that).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
2 OGs in the 1st 3 rounds? That's different. Must mean Harvey Dahl would be cut sooner rather than later.

I don't think Jon Cooper fits what this team is trying to do, but I'm just on the internet.