Pretty Much Screwed: The 2013-14 St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://ramblinfan.com/2013/08/12/ramblin-fans-monday-morning-links-browns-ceo-condemns-bradford-make-all-something-team-and-chris-givens-gets-snubbed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ramblinfan.com/2013/08/12/rambli ... s-snubbed/</a>
Pretty Much Screwed: The 2013 St. Louis Rams (NSFW)
What happens when someone who obviously doesn’t watch the Rams is given the opportunity to write about them? Not exactly sure who pissed in this guy’s Wheaties, but someone at Rams Park obviously must have beat him up when he was a kid. Anyways, if you want a quick laugh, check out this guys unsupported take on the St. Louis Rams this season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/pretty-much-screwed-the-2013-st-louis-rams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/pretty-mu ... ouis-rams/</a>
Welcome to “Pretty Much Screwed,” our definitive guide to the upcoming NFL season. This team-by-team preview details why your favorite franchise might have to start looking forward to next year — and highlights at least one reason for you to be hopeful. Today: we discuss the L.A. Rams.

NEWSFLASH: The Edward Jones Dome is a piece of god-awful shit. Habitually ranked at the top of those “Worst Stadiums In Sports” lists, it reflects the city of St. Louis’ commitment to their football team, which sucks by the way, because they’ve formally refused to pitch in a few million dollars a year to renovate this terrifyingly bad structure made entirely out of solidified horse diarrhea.

What does this say about the Rams? No one likes them and they should leave and change their name to something that goes well with Los Angeles. Also, it means experts with lots of money looked at the franchise and decided it won’t be profitable in the near future because the team will always suck and won’t bring in any extra money for the city. But hey, it’s not like you traded away Robert Griffin III for eight draft picks used on complimentary players (pot head LB Alec Ogletree excluded).

Oh wait, you did.

And you know what, while we’re on the subject of QBs, Sam Bradford sucks, too. Wanna know how I know that? Statistics, team record, watching him, he’s named “Sam.” But I won’t waste your time by showing you all his subpar numbers and explaining why they make him subpar. That’d be subpar of me. I’ll leave it up to the nerds over at ProFootballReference.com, who consider Sam Bradford’s career “Similar” to these players:
Tim Couch, Vince Young, Dennis Shaw, Dan Pastorini, Mark Sanchez, Neil Lomax, David Woodley, Vinny Testaverde, Joey Harrington, Kerry Collins.

st. louis rams 2013That sounds more like a Grateful Dead cover band than a list of decent NFL quarterbacks. Neil Lomax? $50 says he manages a Caldor somewhere.

And don’t give me any of that “his O-line sucks” bullshit. He was sacked 35 times last year. That’s not even close to the league’s worst. Sure, they weren’t good — no one on the St. Louis Rams is good — but they weren’t the worst in the sport, either. Not sure what their excuse will be this year, considering they grabbed former 1st overall pick Jake Long in the offseason for, like, $30M, just so that he can share a bunk bed with his “brother” Chris Long. The fact still remains, you can give this kid as much time as you want, he still has no one to throw to.
Hell, the Rams haven’t had a 1000-yard receiver since 2007.
Couple that with the additional fact that Bradford had Steven Jackson in his prime for three years and still couldn’t make anything happen, and you’re pretty much screwed to infinity, and beyond.

What a pathetic waste of a hundred yards of turf. Makes me sicker than an Edward Jones Dome pulled pork sandwich — which, by the way, are made of bits of grandpa’s favorite couch and whole gorilla teeth.

I digress. The 2013 St. Louis Rams play in the best division in football. No, the Cardinals still suck, I’m talking about the other two teams: The 49ers and the Seahawks. Those may be the best two teams in the NFC. The Rams, by comparison, lost their two best offensive weapons in Jackson and Danny Amendola, and play inside a hollowed out whale carcass.

Why you might not be screwed: Tavon Austin might turn into a star, which would dramatically affect the development of Sam Bradford. Coming off consecutive 100-catch seasons at West Virginia, Austin was the Rams’ first WR picked in the first round since Tory Holt in 1910. Also, Daryl Richardson is considered the 55th best RB in the league and averaged six yards a carry in their preseason game against the Browns. Not sure if that’s good news, but he’s supposed to be explosive — which is a good thing in football. Young nucleus? Maybe. Oh ya, and didn’t the Rams beat the Niners in OT last year? So you’ve got that going for you…

Actual prediction: 5-11, though Bradford comes together late in the season, keeping hope alive for 2014, as they win three straight to close out this forgettable year. Then the rumors of a move back to L.A. start.
What an idiot. :shock:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stopped reading it after the first paragraph.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Guy Mansworth said:
Must be a 49'ers fan.
Oh ya, and didn’t the Rams beat the Niners in OT last year? [hilite]So you’ve got that going for you…[/hilite]
Once you put that down in writing something screams forty-whiners fan to me... also I love how the seacocks and forty-whiners fans all seem to have an unspoken alliance but once a RAMS fan jumps in, we get no respect, hate these teams and their dumbass fans! <end-rant> :grr:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion despite how uninformed it is.

I'll be paying my respects after we win our first playoff game in January 2014.

GO RAMS !!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
ya a waste of time stopped reading after first paragraph..... pray this gy doesn't get paid for writing

Lesson

Oh, really?
DR RAM said:
Stopped reading it after the first paragraph.

Same. The writer has no clue about the current situation the Rams are in.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He's some no-name "writer" from New York, and has some shitty blog that nobody reads.

Pretty sure he's a Jets fan. They do this for every team it seems, and they're all retarded.

FRO

Legend
Anybody who say the RG3 trade was bad for us is a complete moron. Glad he thinks Brockers and Jenkins are complimentary players.

Also just because our line gave up "just" 35 sacks doesn't mean they are good. The ball constantly was out quick, rarely was the pocket clean, rarely were there good running lanes.

Third, to say a QB sucks based on team record is absolute garbage. The Rams won a total of 6 games in the 3 years prior to Bradford. The 3 years of Bradford we have won 16. Nothing to shout about, but the guy was placed on one of the worst football teams in NFL history, and up until his 4th year hasn't had much of anything around him.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
FRO said:
Anybody who say the RG3 trade was bad for us is a complete moron. Glad he thinks Brockers and Jenkins are complimentary players.

Also just because our line gave up "just" 35 sacks doesn't mean they are good. The ball constantly was out quick, rarely was the pocket clean, rarely were there good running lanes.

Third, to say a QB sucks based on team record is absolute garbage. The Rams won a total of 6 games in the 3 years prior to Bradford. The 3 years of Bradford we have won 16. Nothing to shout about, but the guy was placed on one of the worst football teams in NFL history, and up until his 4th year hasn't had much of anything around him.
All very true. I don't know what the point of this article was, but it's trash.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Was he writing about his career, or the Rams?

Sent via Tapatalk2.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I Saw that, it looks like a bad article out of a second rate magazine by an amateur writer looking to stir up emotion.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I started to stop reading after the first paragraph also but made myself endure his shit. By the end, I was indeed sensing a 49er/Seahawk fan stench which made me feel very homophobic.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Another problem with this idiot is that he missed the biggest issue, the OL. He actually said it's not a problem.

As far as I'm concerned, the single biggest issue for us this year is the OL. Maybe because of Saffold not being able to last 2 plays into the preseason, but I'm still not comfortable that it will hold up all year.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
max forgetting the bad old days:
Another problem with this idiot is that he missed the biggest issue, the OL. He actually said it's not a problem.

As far as I'm concerned, the single biggest issue for us this year is the OL. Maybe because of Saffold not being able to last 2 plays into the preseason, but I'm still not comfortable that it will hold up all year.

Hey max, remember when a certain poster vehemently assured us that all Saffold's injuries were freak occurrences and he wasn't injury prone. :lol:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Now if only the opposing teams coaches game planned off of his evaluation of the Rams.

Oh well. It looks something he puts together for all of the teams in an attempt to be funny and get "attention".