Pretty clear who our backup qb is

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: Pretty clear who are backup qb is

More importantly, is he going to get the third string O-line?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

albefree69 said:
More importantly, is he going to get the third string O-line?

True. I hope they keep the twos in for at least the third qtr.

And yeah my thread title says are not our....iPads beer and benadryls don't mix...sorry

bluecoconuts

Legend
Fixed the title for you.

Also it seems that Davis took notice, both look much better tonight than previous games. Davis not quite as good, but still solid.

bluecoconuts said:
Fixed the title for you.

Also it seems that Davis took notice, both look much better tonight than previous games. Davis not quite as good, but still solid.

Thanks bro! And I agree Davis much more mobile, just not as accurate. Thanks again!

A55VA6

Legend
Clemens won it tonight for sure. Showed some toughness out there and some accuracy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Honestly, and I have a pretty strong opinion on most things, much of you will agree, it's a fucking coin flip.

I don't see Davis as our future QB/stud, so then why not Clemens, who has barely outplayed him? If Davis showed me more....HIM, but he hasn't. I really don't care about either of them passionately.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Clemens is a tough SOB. Seems like he needs to get hit to start playing well out there. His competitiveness exceeds his talent, but he's not a bad guy to have on the team.

A55VA6

Legend
Broke his nose and went back in the game. Respect. Broken noses hurt. haha.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
Broke his nose and went back in the game. Respect. Broken noses hurt. haha.[/quote.

THIS..

Really liked his toughness He'll never be a starter, but would like his as a short time #2..Davis will never be a starter in this league. Kellen is just a #2 QB

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM seeing what I see:
Honestly, and I have a pretty strong opinion on most things, much of you will agree, it's a freaking coin flip.

I don't see Davis as our future QB/stud, so then why not Clemens, who has barely outplayed him? If Davis showed me more....HIM, but he hasn't. I really don't care about either of them passionately.

I see it as a toss up too but I'd rather have Davis because he's much younger (thus more likely to hold up if forced to play a lot) and counts much less against the CAP.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I commented on it last night in the chat room... How bout our boi Clemens toughing it out with the nose. I didn't know he had that in him... LIKE... kind of.

My thought on our backup QB situation is simple. I hope to God all we have to see either one of them do this year is hand off to a RB at the end of a game to keep the clock moving,,, or ,,, take a knee at the end of a game. NOTHING else.

albefree69 said:
Honestly, and I have a pretty strong opinion on most things, much of you will agree, it's a freaking coin flip.

I see it as a toss up too but I'd rather have Davis because he's much younger (thus more likely to hold up if forced to play a lot) and counts much less against the CAP.

i think this is the biggie...

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
DegenR(g)ambler said:
albefree69 said:

i think this is the biggie...

I would rather have a backup QB with upside and has been in the trenches. Foles anyone???

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I have a different take on it.

Honestly, if Sam can't play it's going to be ugly, so pick your poison, but ...

Clemens seems to hold on to the ball and I just get this feeling that he'd get killed out there. Sure he's showed some mental toughness getting back our there with a broken nose, but I just don't know how long he'd last out there.

Davis on the other hand looks like he sometimes scrambles way too early. He's throwing away the ball pretty quick. I just think he'll have a better chance of surviving horrible pass protection should it come to that.

In the end it really doesn't matter to me. Next year they should probably draft a backup QB and start to slowly step away from this game of Russian Roulette.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Clemens was not good at all with the Jets and he's been up & down with the Rams, but I concur he seems to be better when he's getting hit.

Clemens does showcase toughness and Davis seems to have lost some confidence from last season. Looked a tad better last night and at the very minimum they both received better protection, but were still under duress at times.

I would keep them both because at this point unless you make a trade nothing is better out there, but if they do release one of them IMO it will be Davis because if someone picks him up they will just go after another young signal caller. IMO Schottenheimer trusts Clemens.

Face it, if the Rams lose Bradford they're done, but you could make the same case for the Seahwaks & 49ers as well. Next season the Rams need to go after someone like Kyle Orton or Shaun Hill or draft a QB like Kirk Cousins what some people don't understand is there is nothing wrong with a good insurance policy.