Preston Brown anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Seth Griffith
Looking at FA LBers to fill the void in leadership left by Ogletree and Quinn, plus I think he could be a good fit.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is he a good fit?

IIRC, he led the league in tackles. Supposedly wants to go to the Patriots though. Don't know how tough he really is against the run.

Name
Seth Griffith
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to ROD Seth. I have to look him up. Why is he a good fit?
He’s a tackling machine and I think he could be signed for a reasonable contract.

What other options are out there right now to compare him to? Titans LBer? Navarro Bowman?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
My personal preferences at MLB: Bowman, A.Williamson. Either of those would be a homerun in my book. A few others that would be good signings and much cheaper: G. Hodges, T.Davis, P. Brown. Honestly, I think Todd Davis is the most likely signing, as Wade is familiar with him. I worry about his coverage ability but he can definitely add some punch to our run defense.

Ram65

Legend
He’s a tackling machine and I think he could be signed for a reasonable contract.

What other options are out there right now to compare him to? Titans LBer? Navarro Bowman?

My personal preferences at MLB: Bowman, A.Williamson. Either of those would be a homerun in my book. A few others that would be good signings and much cheaper: G. Hodges, T.Davis, P. Brown. Honestly, I think Todd Davis is the most likely signing, as Wade is familiar with him. I worry about his coverage ability but he can definitely add some punch to our run defense.

There is always the draft.

I don't know all these guys. Need to be able to stop the run and cover. I don't think T Davis is the answer. Avery Williamson for the Titans seems to be the choice. Bowman's reputation has him up there but, not sure of his range.

Preston Brown might be more of a 4-3 true Mike Lber. I saw him listed at 250 Lbs.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/15/buffalo-bills-billswire-podcast-ej-gaines-preston-brown/

Listen to 3:00 minutes to 7:30 and you will find that he is not that good in both the run and pass game. Not athletic high missed tackle rate and let uphigh yards after catch. I would pass.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Honestly, I think Todd Davis is the most likely signing, as Wade is familiar with him. I worry about his coverage ability but he can definitely add some punch to our run defense.
I'm not worried. I don't think McVay and Wade are either. Barron, Joyner and Johnson are all very good in coverage. We're also stacked at corner once we re sign NRC.

Opposing teams can only have five receivers, I think we have that covered with our personnel. In a worse case scenario you drop an ILB to play center field. If he's a tackling machine, I am truly not concerned.

Ram65

Legend
I'm not worried. I don't think McVay and Wade are either. Barron, Joyner and Johnson are all very good in coverage. We're also stacked at corner once we re sign NRC.

Opposing teams can only have five receivers, I think we have that covered with our personnel. In a worse case scenario you drop an ILB to play center field. If he's a tackling machine, I am truly not concerned.

I think both ILBer have to be able to cover. Both Tree and Barron where in man coverage at the same time.