PressureD's Mock Draft 1.0 (no trades)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
1st off just wanted to say, I really wanted to trade down, but that can make things easier to mock... Cooper and White are off the board and we have NOT signed any FA's before the draft...

These 2 players where almost filled out on the draft cards but didn't after internal debate

A) Gurley RB top playmaker in draft, and playmakers is what we need
B) Peat OT But I question his nastiness for our division. Since it isn't a passing div I felt we could add a different playmaker.

So lets get to the picks, keep in mind I was thinking big picture: So mock away fellas

1.10) Bud Dupree DE 6'4 270 (Chose DE over RT as I felt you can get a RT on Day 2 where as you can't w/ DEs. Good edge setter, and will be able to chase QB w/ 4.53 speed)

2.41) AJ Cann OG 6'3 313 (Plug and play LG, w/ room to add some weight)

3.72) Ty Sambrailo RT 6'6 311 (Hoping he can start sooner rather than later, might need to force him in the line up) Though I still forsee Barks resigning and we can groom Sambrailo for second half of 2016 or year 2 at the latest)

4.119) BJ Finney OC 6'4 318 (Will compete w/ young vets on roster, and could start by year end)

6.215) D. Swann CB 6'0 189 (Hoping we strike CB gold again in Rd6)

7.227) D. Malone Jr OLB 6'2 220 (ST standout? or roster cut?)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vic Beasley is the only edge rusher I could accept us taking at #10. Our DL already has 5 top 15 picks on it. Dupree falls into that second tier of prospects in this draft imo which means that he doesn't present strong enough value to offset the need component. That and I have other players at positions we have greater needs at ranked higher.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I love the first two rounds. I see Robert Quinn Jr. in Bud Dupree. He would allow the club to move on from Chris Long after 2015 and use that money to retain some of our other younger talent at the end of their first contracts. I could see a starting four of Quinn, Brockers, Donald and Dupree leading the league in sacks for a couple years.

AJ Cann would be a plug and play LG and would allow Saffold to finally settle in at RG barring injury.

Not impressed by the Colo St T. I think he'd be around in the 4th and possibly 5th. I could see a guy like Havenstein from Wisc going in the 3rd and he fits for the run blocking side. He needs work in pass pro, but who doesn't?

Finney seems like overkill for a position group of Barnes, Jones and Rhaney already. A lot of good players will be here IMO. Could grab another G, CB, FS, MLB or even a WR

Memphis Ram

Legend
I question if Dupree will still be on the board at #10, but I understand the selection.

I'd hope for a better option in the 3rd round at OT since the team isn't running a base zone scheme.

I wonder if Finney can play guard. Might be more effective there as a backup than Barnes.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya part of my process was, tough to take a RT at 10, when you can get them later in draft. I still say people will be surprised that Dupree is a top 15 pick. Col St OT is a power run type OT i thought i read "somewhere

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ya part of my process was, tough to take a RT at 10, when you can get them later in draft. I still say people will be surprised that Dupree is a top 15 pick. Col St OT is a power run type OT i thought i read "somewhere

Sambrailo is a fit in both a PBS and a ZBS. His problem is that he doesn't have the functional strength or body to be a mauling run-blocker. But with a year in an NFL weight room? With all of the nastiness of Harvey Dahl in his prime? Look out.

Love the Cann pick. I think we'd need to trade up to get him, but I love him more than any other offensive line prospect not named Peat.

Dupree is not the kind of guy that I'd want to take with our first round pick. Swann is good, but not a starter. Finney? I'd rather have Rhaney and take a wide receiver at that point...maybe Dezmin Lewis?

Ltrautman

MIZ
I'm a huge believer in Dupree and he could replace Long ( who I would hate to see go more than anyone, but unfortunately business is like that sometimes). Bud definitely should go top 10. Also love the Cann pick. Ideally we will sign at least one O-lineman and then be able to grab a RB in the 3rd or 4th

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Am I the only guy on the forum that doesn't think Dupree is a top ten pick?

Why wasn't anyone talking about him before the combine?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What hurts Dupree is the early glut at the position. I assume the Rams like him and all but enough to take a depth defender over a starter on the OL?

Doubtful IMO. Fish is defense crazy but he has to know impact players on offense give the most return right now.

lockdnram21

Legend
What hurts Dupree is the early glut at the position. I assume the Rams like him and all but enough to take a depth defender over a starter on the OL?

Doubtful IMO. Fish is defense crazy but he has to know impact players on offense give the most return right now.
We only need lineman we could get a RT in second and g in 3rd.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Not crazy about Dupree at 10 but I like they way you are thinking and like the out of the box idea.

I love the 2-3 and 4th picks. BJ Finney is a very good under the radar prospect that I believe could be a Day 1 starter if needed.