Pressure on Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like me some Stacy with a dose of some Mason. Just like to see Sam really light it up with the deep ball.

That's what he really needs to do.

If it is a heavy ground game, the opportunities will be there for play action over the top.

Bradford has got to make them pay when those opportunities are presented.

Of course, the receivers have to get play their part as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Isn't that just pathetic? About to be 6 years into his career and this is the first time he's entered his 3rd season with the same coordinator, half of his career at the moment wasted on a rotating door of a team. Really puts the exclamation point on how much of a lame duck the Rams have been hasn't it?

And due to his injury last year, it's just his 23rd game in the offense. His longest stretch in the same scheme.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's all on Sam if you listen to the media. I think it's all about the consistency and execution of our young TEAM.

Not much pressure in my eyes, but I'm part of the vast minority.

AZRamsFan93

I think Bradford is playing for a new contract,by his own and his agents design. The brass would have extended him last year but he and his people decided against it. I think the people who decide who our QB is and what he's paid are the least alarmed with his play thus far and break down film for a living and know what part of the futility of our seasons is legitimately attributable to Sam.
I have little doubt if he'd played the whole season last year there would have been 4 teams in this division 10-6 or better ,with a good chance the first of those additional wins being the last game he played,Carolina (caveat had he played the whole season AZ could have very well fallen to 9-7).

So I realize the buzz over Sam approaches media group think akin to their Manziel go to stance, in the end there's always a lot of pressure on any NFL QB,but ask yourself is he really in as bad a pressure situation as the QB who after winning two SB's behind a superlative defense and an absolute freak catch where he hit the rec in the head, who is right under the nose of that preoccupied media. Eli Manning is who these pundits NEED to be giving about 60% of the make or break talk.

No injury this year>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then Sam is gonna be fine.

That's REAL
I agree that he is playing for a new contract, and I think that will add to his motivation to succeed.

I also agree that if he would have played the entire season in 2013 our record would have been better than 7-9.

I do not agree that one of the wins would have been Carolina. We were down 30-15 late in the 4th quarter when Sam went down. If he stays healthy we still don't win that game.

MrMotes

Starter
Warner did pretty good his first year in a new system.

I'm not sure 3 years in a Schottenheimer offense is a good thing for a QB...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I agree that he is playing for a new contract, and I think that will add to his motivation to succeed.

I also agree that if he would have played the entire season in 2013 our record would have been better than 7-9.

I do not agree that one of the wins would have been Carolina. We were down 30-15 late in the 4th quarter when Sam went down. If he stays healthy we still don't win that game.

(y)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like me some Stacy with a dose of some Mason. Just like to see Sam really light it up with the deep ball.
I think Sam will light up the league with the deep ball, as long as we can run the ball as effectively as the last part of the season. Factor Sam in, and some play action off of people trying to cheat in the box.....Click, Click....Boom!

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Warner did pretty good his first year in a new system.

I'm not sure 3 years in a Schottenheimer offense is a good thing for a QB...

Schottenheimer has the OC scares me. He could hold this team back.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Like most other quarterbacks in the NFL, Bradford will be fine as long as he's not asked to more than he's capable of.
Pressure (from fans and the media) is usually a result of a player being put into situations that call on them to do things that don't most effectively utilize their skill set.

I have no doubt that Fisher and Schottenheimer will do everything they can to put Bradford in a position to succeed.
If that's the case, I think that we'll all be happy with this season.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I just want this debate to END this season. One way or another. It's tearing the fan base apart. It tears this board apart (even though we are in favor of SB as a whole).

Show me (i.e., the fans) SB and all the talk goes to "how much money are we going to have to pay him in order to keep him".

Wouldn't that be a f'ing luxury problem worth having!?!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
None.

I watch every game. I know what he is. He's a very accurate qb. His deep ball has improved since his rookie year. His red zone play last year was second to none. His cool head is where it should be.
The guy is a dangerous player when given the time.

I watched Breese when he was getting blasted in SD. His o line was weak. When they gave him time he was deadly. It's the same with Sam.

To me it's a non issue.
Sam is fine. He's a top 10 Qb.
Top 4? No. He will only get better.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
The stronger the team around them, the less pressure on the QB. Eli looked great and won a SB when the G-men had a great running game and defense. Without those, he is just a guy. Sam will be fine.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's very simple for Bradford and what yours truly expects from Sam the Ram this year.

1. Play the whole year and don't miss time.
2. Win games and lead the Rams to post-season!

IMO, it is right, it is just and God knows, it is time!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
With an elite defense and strong running game we don't need Bradford to lead us to the playoffs.
We just need him to stay on the field and play his best.

Everything else will take care of itself.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just want this debate to END this season. One way or another. It's tearing the fan base apart. It tears this board apart (even though we are in favor of SB as a whole).

Show me (i.e., the fans) SB and all the talk goes to "how much money are we going to have to pay him in order to keep him".

Wouldn't that be a f'ing luxury problem worth having!?!
Not really tearing anything apart.

People would be debating Peyton Manning if he played here. It' just how it is, people focus on the quarterback because the media writes article after article about it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schottenheimer has the OC scares me. He could hold this team back.

Clearly, the scheme they came out of pre-seaosn last year proved beyond Schott's abilities.

But, if they run the kind of offense most believe they will this year, then I think he's OK to coordinate the offense.

How hard is it to call run plays and an occasional play action? Maybe throw a trick play in from time to time to use Austin more.

It sounds like it's going to be a pretty simple offense. Even Schott should be able to execute on it.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Not really tearing anything apart.

People would be debating Peyton Manning if he played here. It' just how it is, people focus on the quarterback because the media writes article after article about it.

Well it's tearing me apart. Some days I like SB. Some days I don't.

Can't say I feel the same about any other QB. They all seem to fit in nice little boxes for me, Peyton included.

SB doesn't. Not for me anyway.