Presser for Gurley pick - Snead and Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Was that JT who asked who's going to block? He's still butthurt? Wow

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i just hope they have damn good plan for the line that we just don't know about yet

jjab360

Legend
This panick on the OL is beginning to get a little bit laughable for me, tbh.

It's as if people think these guys have absolutely no idea how to handle the situation after all these years of putting O-lines together and coaching them up.

No, we won't have a great OL but any one draft pick at 10 wasn't going to change that. A great back who is going to make plays regardless sure takes a heck of a lot of pressure off of the entire team in general, look what Lynch does for that lackluster OL in Seattle.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
JT phrased his question with "got to be the smart ass here"

Is it just me or does Les Snead look like he just nailed that pick? He looks elated.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
All class move at the end by Fisher. Much respect for him and Snead. Still a little star struck that they didn't draft a lineman but looks like we struck a star in Gurley.

Good to see they aren't going to rush their future face of the franchise player back from the ACL. Too bad they figured out the hard way...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True enough, Carpenter was pretty mediocre. Our DL ATE THAT DOOD UP. Pretty sure that's why he's not in Deattle anymore.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Was that JT I saw with the huge wedgie and the "kick me" sign on his back?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I really hope their analysis of the knee was thorough. This team has absolutely zero luck when it comes to ACL tears. As far as this coming season, this was not the best pick possible since we don't know when he can even take the field but described as the back of the future makes it more reasonable.

Gurley has instincts that most starting NFL running backs don't have and a skill set that rivals legends. There is no doubt he will be an unstoppable force at RB if he gets healthy and stays healthy but that in itself is going to make me cringe with every big hit he takes for the next couple years. I'm thankful that Fish and Snead mentioned that they would not rush him.

FRO

Legend

It's as if people think these guys have absolutely no idea how to handle the situation after all these years of putting O-lines together and coaching them up.

No, we won't have a great OL but any one draft pick at 10 wasn't going to change that. A great back who is going to make plays regardless sure takes a heck of a lot of pressure off of the entire team in general, look what Lynch does for that lackluster OL in Seattle.
In all fairness the line has been a huge hole for the full three years of the Fisher/Snead tenure. Questioning their ability to fix the line is legitimate.

FRO

Legend
I really hope their analysis of the knee was thorough. This team has absolutely zero luck when it comes to ACL tears. As far as this coming season, this was not the best pick possible since we don't know when he can even take the field but described as the back of the future makes it more reasonable.

Gurley has instincts that most starting NFL running backs don't have and a skill set that rivals legends. There is no doubt he will be an unstoppable force at RB if he gets healthy and stays healthy but that in itself is going to make me cringe with every big hit he takes for the next couple years. I'm thankful that Fish and Snead mentioned that they would not rush him.
Totally agree. It's a risk for sure, but it's a risk worth taking. The talent in this draft sucks, we didn't have many options.

Speedr@m

Rookie
Man Snead seemed so jittery. He literally could not sit still. Jeff is clearly the boss

Memphis Ram

Legend

giphy.gif

Memphis Ram

Legend
In all fairness the line has been a huge hole for the full three years of the Fisher/Snead tenure. Questioning their ability to fix the line is legitimate.

At the same time, improved QB and RB play can do wonders for an OLine, too.

I still say they would have had a pretty good OLine last year if not for the injuries.:(

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First off nobody mentions Shotty is over there in Georgia in the know ?? He is a guy Fisger trust for sure with in house knowledge.
The Rams have a solid SEC base scouting there.Stacey & Tre Mason both SEC.Gurley was suppose to be all everything.
--What about the line ????
GR-- is all on Fish/Snead
Saffold--both big investments.
--Look back at where Fish/Snd started.
---Jason Smith$$ then had bad luck with Wells & Long.Barnes & Washington survived.What do you really need from either ?? Add Barksdale at RT & they should be fine for the start of the season.B.Jones was hurt,so Rams had to sign Joesph.
Point being the offensive line is not that bad.This Big guy last year RG is massive & played well in preseason.

FRO

Legend
At the same time, improved QB and RB play can do wonders for an OLine, too.

I still say they would have had a pretty good OLine last year if not for the injuries.:(
If Long would have been at 2013 form and healthy, then I would agree. We need to bolster the line tonight.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Man Snead seemed so jittery. He literally could not sit still. Jeff is clearly the boss

I could be wrong, but Snead came off as being really excited about the pick. I can't think of another time that Fisher and Snead are in the same room in which Fisher is talking less than Snead.