Press conference with Pete Carroll: "Slow them down"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
“I really have enjoyed this process,” Carroll told reporters regarding the preparations for Sunday’s games. “I hope that we will play well. It’s out of respect for what they’ve done that they challenge us and trying to put together a plan that gives us something that will give us a chance to slow them down, nobody’s even slowed them down yet. We’ll see how it goes. They’re really loaded and they’re hitting on all cylinders. They’re healthy and everything else, so they’re as tough as you can get.”

“Without the fundamentals, there is no plan that’s any good,” Carroll said. “You have to play discipline run play up front and there’s no other way to do it. There’s no get tough and just growl and tackle them, it isn’t like that. You have to be strictly tied together, you’ve got to be disciplined and fit off of one another.

Then when you get there, you have to tackle and make your plays. [Todd] Gurley is a really good running back, he’s as good as you can find in football. It’s not just because he’s in a good offense, because he’s a hell of a player running with the ball in open field, running up inside, catching the ball out of the backfield — he’s just a great player. It’ll call for us to really tackle really well. You can’t do it just by being fired up, you have play well and then you got to finish the plays by getting him on the ground.”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MjcHtvvZo

As a bonus here's the Seahawk's DC Ken Norton Jr. Some believe it was him that came up with the infamous S.O.S.A.R. insult, others insist it was Dana Stubblefield. The question is discussed in a 4-year old ROD thread in the link below.

https://ramsondemand.com/threads/when-was-sosar-first-used-and-who-used-it.33329/

Click "Watch on YouTube" for the next video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opbgAzcq880

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was Stubblefield.

He turned out to be a real solid citizen. :mrburns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Stubblefield

Although initially he lied to federal investigators about using both EPO and THG, after he was charged on January 18, 2008, Stubblefield cooperated with both federal and NFL investigators and turned over the names of players, agents, and trainers that he suspected of using drugs.

On December 9, 2010, San Francisco U.S. District Court judge Susan Illston sentenced Stubblefield to 90 days in jail for stealing his former girlfriend's mail by way of fraudulent submission of a change-of-address form.

On May 2, 2016, he was charged with sexually assaulting a disabled woman, who at the time of the incident, was 31 years old. The incident occurred April 9, 2015. Stubblefield originally contacted her through a babysitter website. Bail was set at $250,000.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
should-just-hand-this-to-you-nfl-memes-ath-or-11371749.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to get too cocky, but the Seahawks aren't good this year. I hope we steamroll them.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
When the Rams were in the midst of their 17 game losing streak to the whiners, I freaking absolutely hated Ken Norton Jr and Merton Hanks with a passion. At least Ken Norton Jr. Was there to get humbled by the GSOT but Hanks was gone.

Maybe after the Rams destroy the she pigeons, someone can Twitter "same old sorry ass she pigeons" to him.

Norton's going to lose his job because of the Rams. LOL

tempests

Hall of Fame
It was Stubblefield.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPDcrc3Srzw

Ken Norton Jr was the first one to start punching the opposing team's goalpost, and I believe he started that in our endzone.

Funny how that gutless puke tried to hide from it years later.

September 22, 01

By MATT MAIOCCO THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

SANTA CLARA -- Defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield is wanted for a crime he says he did not commit.

Stubblefield played five seasons for the ***** during a time in which they did not lose to the Rams, first in Los Angeles and later in St. Louis. Even as a member of the Washington Redskins, Stubblefield's team defeated the Rams.

He is 11-0 in his career against the Rams. But he says he never belittled the Rams. It is guilt by association, he said.

Rams receiver Isaac Bruce told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch this week that it was Stubblefield who first made the demeaning utterance "same old Rams" after the ***** beat the Rams 44-10 in 1995 with Elvis Grbac making his first career start.

"Not many people around here remember that phrase he coined," Bruce said.

But Stubblefield has a much different story. He said it was safety Tim McDonald who said "same old Rams" on the sideline that day for the cameras of NFL Films. Then, defensive end Tim Harris picked up on it and elaborated, "Same old sorry a-- Rams."

Stubblefield said he was standing next to Harris and that might be where the confusion started. Regardless, one thing is certain, Stubblefield does not think these are the same old Rams that the ***** defeated 17 consecutive times from 1990 to '98.

"No, I'm not going to start that," Stubblefield said

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He turned out to be a real solid citizen. :mrburns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Stubblefield

Although initially he lied to federal investigators about using both EPO and THG, after he was charged on January 18, 2008, Stubblefield cooperated with both federal and NFL investigators and turned over the names of players, agents, and trainers that he suspected of using drugs.

On December 9, 2010, San Francisco U.S. District Court judge Susan Illston sentenced Stubblefield to 90 days in jail for stealing his former girlfriend's mail by way of fraudulent submission of a change-of-address form.

On May 2, 2016, he was charged with sexually assaulting a disabled woman, who at the time of the incident, was 31 years old. The incident occurred April 9, 2015. Stubblefield originally contacted her through a babysitter website. Bail was set at $250,000.

Class act. I hated that SOSAR comment. I wanted every Ram fan in the stadium , had mobbed him, held him down, and took turns missing on him.

Ants

Starter
I actually thought the comment was pretty funny and true.
...No, I didn't like it. But I get it.
If it was us beating up on them, we would absolutely LOVE the comment.
But even if we beat them 20 straight times and say it about them...it won't have the same sting. :sadwalk:

fearsomefour

Legend
When the Rams were in the midst of their 17 game losing streak to the whiners, I freaking absolutely hated Ken Norton Jr and Merton Hanks with a passion. At least Ken Norton Jr. Was there to get humbled by the GSOT but Hanks was gone.

Maybe after the Rams destroy the she pigeons, someone can Twitter "same old sorry ass she pigeons" to him.

Norton's going to lose his job because of the Rams. LOL
Vomitous names from the past.
Hanks was bad but my most hated Whiner of all time was Harris Barton.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I did not know that f---ing POS Ken Norton Jr. was the DC of the Shehawks ... gawd I f---ing hate him, even moreso than his whiny-ass overrated daddy who bitched and moaned every time a decision didn't go his way ...

It's not that I needed anything more to make me want the Rams to crush Seattle on Sunday, but hearing that Norton Jr. is their DC, now I want a 50-burger. And I want every Ram that scores to punch the goalposts.

Oh, as for the other topic upthread ... FU Dana Stubbydick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend