Preseason week 2 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those non Rams games chat it up in here instead of starting a hundred threads.

Bortles and Jacksonville as a whole look bad just really bad. First half is almost over and they have 7 carries for 1 total yard.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The Bills look terrible. They should give Peterman a shot to start. He looks pretty legit. Tyrod was embarrassing to watch.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Jags are looking like a dumpster fire. Bortles is very inaccurate, missed a wide open receiver for an easy TD. Henne comes in and the receivers drop 2 TDs. Bucs look good, I think they're playoff bound.

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The bs espn announcers tried to stir up a kicker controversy because Folk's kick was blocked. They tried to act like cutting Aguayo was suddenly a big mistake, as if it's the kickers fault the defenders block their kick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta feel bad for Jags fans. Bortles looks like he has no confidence, and the team doesn't look well-coached.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Side Note: This will be the fist season that the Rams don't play against the Buccaneers since 2011. Rams have won 5 straight.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly I think Bortles got David Carr'd. His line has always been bad, bad coaching honestly since TC left. They always spend money on defense and some rare offensive free agents and they just stink.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wonder if the NFL purposely gave BSPN the riveting matchup of Bucs/Jags preseason?

What a snooze fest that was.

Yet, I watched every second of it.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Gotta feel bad for Jags fans. Bortles looks like he has no confidence, and the team doesn't look well-coached.
The J'ville play calling there at the end speaks volumes towards their coaching. :thinking: :burp:

The WR should've caught the first fade but it was still a stupid call. That's a very tough throw/completion. They had two plays to get a yard or less for a first down.

I didn't realize that Boras got another job!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The J'ville play calling there at the end speaks volumes towards their coaching. :thinking: :burp:

The WR should've caught the first fade but it was still a stupid call. That's a very tough throw/completion. They had two plays to get a yard or less for a first down.

I didn't realize that Boras got another job!

I was just shocked at that fumble by Winston that TB ran for a TD (called back because it was under 2 minutes in the half). It looked like the Rams when they quit on past coaches, but it's just the preseason (which is crazy). A bunch of Jags could have grabbed the ball (it landed in the middle of four of them). There was no whistle. Yet, they were all walking around and making no effort to go after the ball. A Bucs player picked it up and took off. There was still minimum effort given by the Jags' defense.

I'm just not sure how your guys could be giving no effort this early in the season.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I was just shocked at that fumble by Winston that TB ran for a TD (called back because it was under 2 minutes in the half). It looked like the Rams when they quit on past coaches, but it's just the preseason (which is crazy). A bunch of Jags could have grabbed the ball (it landed in the middle of four of them). There was no whistle. Yet, they were all walking around and making no effort to go after the ball. A Bucs player picked it up and took off. There was still minimum effort given by the Jags' defense.

I'm just not sure how your guys could be giving no effort this early in the season.
The Jags might as well make a few cuts tomorrow after the video breakdown. The coach certainly doesn't have anything to lose with this team. He's not finishing the season if tonight gives any indication.

Who's going to set the over/under?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
That Jags-Bucs game was dreadful.

The Jags have issues everywhere. At least the Bucs units looked competent. Jameis still needs to stop forcing the plays that aren't there.

Doug Marrone did nothing to impress as a coach. That possession from 4 yards out, down 6-12, and he goes shotgun formation every play with a 2nd year undrafted QB and a rookie WR as his primary target. They want a more physical style and be to able to run in those situations, and didn't even line up in a formation that gave an impression that they might run the ball. Instead, you opt for 2 fades in 3 plays, a route that requires a well timed and well placed ball for it to have a shot of working. Not likely to happen with Brandon Allen throwing to Dede Westbrook and Rashad Greene.

Not to mention some players just looked flat out lost on offense. The blown protections on blitzes where a linebacker comes clean because no one knows what they are doing. I don't think Marrone is going to last past this season if the team keeps performing like this.