Preseason All-NFC West Starting Lineup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here is my Best of the NFC West starting lineup for 2021.

A few caveats. I’ve gone 13 deep on offense and on defense, to account for different formations and schemes. Rookies are not eligible for this list, so none were considered. With that, here is my list:

Offense
QB: Russell Wilson, Seahawks
RB: Cam Akers, Rams
RB: Chris Carson, Seahawks
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Cardinals
WR: D.K. Metcalf, Seahawks
WR: Tyler Lockett, Seahawks
WR: Cooper Kupp, Rams
TE: George Kittle, 49ers
OT: Trent Williams, 49ers
OT: Andrew Whitworth, Rams
OG: Gabe Jackson, Seahawks
OG: Laken Tomlinson, 49ers
C: Rodney Hudson, Cardinals

Comments: Matthew Stafford closes the gap at QB, and he could have a better year than Wilson, but, based on past performance, Wilson gets the nod. I expect big things from Akers in his second season. Carson is the next best, if he can stay healthy. Two newcomers, Jackson and Hudson, are expected to bolster the Seahawks and Cardinals OLs.

Defense
DL: Aaron Donald, Rams
DL: Poona Ford, Seahawks
DL: Nick Bosa, 49ers
DL: J.J. Watt, Cardinals
EDG: Leonard Floyd, Rams
EDG: Chandler Jones, Cardinals
ILB: Bobby Wagner, Seahawks
ILB: Fred Warner, 49ers
CB: Jalen Ramsey, Rams
CB: Darious Williams, Rams
CB: Jason Verett, 49ers
S: Jamal Adams, Seahawks
S: Budda Baker, Cardinals

Comments: The Rams should get two points for Donald. Bosa and Jones are based on past performance, as both need to bounce back from injury-plagued seasons. The Rams have a huge advantage at CB, a position where Seattle is particularly weak.

Seahawks: 8
Rams: 7
49ers: 6
Cardinals: 5

Does that mean that Seattle has the best roster in the West? Not necessarily. If I went 1 through 4 at every position, they’d have some pretty weak spots along the OL, at LB (beyond Wagner), and, as noted above, at CB.

If anything, this exercise showed why this division is expected to be extremely competitive in 2021.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I agree with most of this but I would definitely have Raheem Mostert instead of Chris Carson at RB.
He is incredibly productive and seems to be tailor-made for Shanahan's offense.

~ArkyRamsFan~

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with most of this but I would definitely have Raheem Mostert instead of Chris Carson at RB.

~ArkyRamsFan~
That’s fair, and would move the tally to 7 each for LA, SEA and SF.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not super familiar with his game but I thought that Gabe Jackson was overrated? I think I'd take Edwards on this list.

I'd also take Woods over Lockett, although that one is splitting hairs.

I think the reason we're a cut above our rivals is that Henderson/Edwards/Havenstein/Corbett/Jefferson/Jackson/SJD/A'Shawn/Fuller/Rapp/Higbee tier - all solid starters. So we have more star power than them, although Seattle comes close, and then more in the solid starter tier too.

The only players on Seattle's team that I would now take to start for sure on ours are Metcalf, Wagner, Adams and maybe Brooks. I think Wilson is better than Stafford, but I wouldn't trade them until I see Stafford play for us.

From Arizona I'd take Hudson, Hopkins, Jones, Watt and Baker - maybe Simmons.

From SF I'd take Williams, Tomlinson, Kittle, Bosa, and Warner - maybe Jimmy Ward.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

~ArkyRamsFan~
I dunno about that. Mostert had a monster game in the playoffs a couple years back, but that's really about it.
Last 3 years, Carson has over 3,700 yards and 27 TD (41 games) while Mostert is at 1,900 total yards and 14 td (33 games)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
In what order would you rank the GM's, Head Coaches, O/D Coordinators and of course, ... Mascots

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In what order would you rank the GM's, Head Coaches, O/D Coordinators and of course, ... Mascots
I think my biases might taint those rankings too much. I don’t think I’d take any of the rivals’ guys/mascots over our group.

Last edited: