Pregame Thread - Rams at Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
A West coast team traveling to Florida 2x in one season. You would think the schedule makers would try and avoid this from happening.

Last time the Los Angeles Rams had to travel to Florida twice in a season was in 1992.

Rams 10 @ Dolphins 26 - Marino vs Everett, Miami jumps out to a 17-0 1st qtr lead thanks to 2 Marino TD passes
Rams 31 @ Buccaneers 27 - Rams stage their greatest comeback from a 3-27 deficit, Everett TD pass wins it

Ah well, at least we can look forward to a nice home stand for playoff position in the 2nd half.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
A West coast team traveling to Florida 2x in one season. You would think the schedule makers would try and avoid this from happening.

Last time the Los Angeles Rams had to travel to Florida twice in a season was in 1992.

Rams 10 @ Dolphins 26 - Marino vs Everett, Miami jumps out to a 17-0 1st qtr lead thanks to 2 Marino TD passes
Rams 31 @ Buccaneers 27 - Rams stage their greatest comeback from a 3-27 deficit, Everett TD pass wins it

Ah well, at least we can look forward to a nice home stand for playoff position in the 2nd half.

My impression is that the schedule makers have been out to get the Rams for years on the travel front, but never more so than this year. Not sure what the team did to deserve this.

It's obviously a deeply rooted global conspiracy.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
My impression is that the schedule makers have been out to get the Rams for years on the travel front, but never more so than this year. Not sure what the team did to deserve this.

It's obviously a deeply rooted global conspiracy.
It could have been worse, they could have sent us to the DeadOWlands twice with that horrible turf.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
C9A6BA92-8A4B-43EA-B419-4C0E32561854.jpeg

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
1st rookie start comparisons:

Russell Wilson: 2012 vs Cards: 18-34-153, 1 TD, 1 INT, sacked 3 times, QBR 62.5 (Cards Defense PA rank: 17th) Lost 16-20

Kyler Murray
: 2019 vs Lions: 29-54-308, 2TD, 1 INT, sacked 5 times, QBR 75.2 (Lions Defense PA rank: 26th) Tie 27-27

Tua Tagavailoa
: 2020 vs Rams: Stats TBD (Rams Defense PA rank: 2nd)

Doesn't look good for Tua. Plus the 2 other QBs had preseason games vs NFL opposition speed, defensive alignments etc. Regarding that he looks good in practice.... he's not standing in the face of a live game pass rush.

Hoping Tua has a long great career in Miami...starting next week.

jap

Legend
Every game is important. We are coming off a big Monday night win and a shortened week, but we have just this game before our Bye Week. Time to go into the Bye with a Big Bang, get rested, then come storming out of the Bye against our greatest divisional foes.

If ARob is ready to go now, why not give him a taste of game action to get his feet wet before the Big Game against the 'Hawks? What the hell is the rest of the league gonna do when they have to double- or triple-team both ARob and The Kraken!!?! The Horns front seven|six will truly become the Sack Pack!!!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So just how athletic is Tua? Never saw him run much at Alabama. Is he close to Russell Wilson?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So just how athletic is Tua? Never saw him run much at Alabama. Is he close to Russell Wilson?

He's fairly athletic. He's not going to wow you, but he's fast enough to pick up first downs, much like Goff. But his real skill is with his arm. He can make every throw that's required in the NFL and more. Honestly, I thought he was a better left-handed quarterback coming out than Vick. Vick was like Lamar Jackson where he had unreal athleticism and a strong arm but struggled with accuracy. Tua has an accurate arm.

He may be a rookie, but we better make sure that we cover Parker and Gesicki; if he finds them consistently, it'll be a long day for us.

oldnotdead

Legend
Tua is no run threat. His average over 33 games at Alabama was 10 yds per game. He's a pocket passer who bails from the pocket to extend plays and perhaps to create dropped coverages. He's short so if he's contained in the pocket he will have trouble finding a throwing lane. I see tipped balls, and passes being forced. His game is short to medium passes, i.e. one or two reads. After his second read he looks to bail to extend the play.

If the secondary stays disciplined he will force the ball or risk sacks. But he's no Murray or Wilson that's for sure. He timed at 4.8-4.9 at Alabama (I have friends in AL who are ardent fans of the Tide). He doesn't strike me as a QB who can win a shootout so if the Rams can get on top early the Fins are in trouble.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'm interested to see Tua play.

I know I heard it talked about his Dad seemingly forced him into being a left handed QB.