Predicting the Rams first round of cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
227364_a636f32709dd4578a0a892ae5a607ef4~mv2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2016/08/28/Predicting-the-Rams-first-round-of-cuts

August 28, 2016 | By: Jake Ellenbogen

Week three of preseason is in the books and some players have nothing to stress about while others are going to wish they could have this game back. Here are the fifteen cuts I believe will happen on or before Tuesday.

Dylan Thompson, Quarterback
A camp arm that never got in any of the preseason games to this point. Can't say he has any chance of making this team. To his defense the three quarterbacks were decided when the Rams cut Nick Foles.

Zach Laskey, Fullback
He hasn't been able to really get on the field and contribute in any capacity other than special teams. The Rams already have it hard enough to cut down their depth chart at RB. Laskey is not in the cards.

Marquez North, Wide receiver
He hasn't gotten on the field in any of the first three preseason games. For that reason alone he is an easy cut.

David Richards, Wide receiver
He had two snaps last week but got on the field more this week and had one target in the red zone which was a drop. His former Arizona teammate Austin Hill has looked much better and it appears it's time to give Hill a double digit number because he unlike Richards will be moving onto the last set of cuts.

Benson Browne, Tight end
Not a lot of snaps and not a lot of production means Browne was just a camp body and will be cut in the first round.

Jake Stoneburner, Tight end
It's not likely Stoneburner makes it through the first round of cuts. Justice Cunningham has experience with this team as a whole and has caught a pass in preseason. Stoneburner was added later on in the offseason and hasn't gotten on the field enough.

Read more...

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Donnal sticks.

I'll be surprised he makes the final roster. He doesn't seem to be strong enough playing Guard, and his feet are definitely too slow to play Tackle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's my list:
* K - #1- Taylor Bertolet
* QB - #2 - Dylan Thompson
* WR - #12 - David Richards
* WR - #13 - Mike Thomas
* TE - #49 - Jake Stoneburner
* TE - #82 - Benson Brown
* RT - #70 - Jordan Swindle
* C - #67 - Brian Folkerts
* LT - Darrell Williams
* RDT - #77 - Zach Colvin
* ROLB - Nicholas Grigsby
* FS - #27 - Michael Caputo
* SS - #36 - Rohan Gaines
* LS - # 42 - Jeff Overbaugh

note.jpg

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If you had told me 2 days ago that Darrell Williams would be among the first cuts, I would have thought you were deranged.

But now?

I think I'll just STFU. Lol.

BTW, I also think Donnal is 50-50 to make the 53.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
227364_a636f32709dd4578a0a892ae5a607ef4~mv2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2016/08/28/Predicting-the-Rams-first-round-of-cuts

August 28, 2016 | By: Jake Ellenbogen

Week three of preseason is in the books and some players have nothing to stress about while others are going to wish they could have this game back. Here are the fifteen cuts I believe will happen on or before Tuesday.

Dylan Thompson, Quarterback
A camp arm that never got in any of the preseason games to this point. Can't say he has any chance of making this team. To his defense the three quarterbacks were decided when the Rams cut Nick Foles.

Zach Laskey, Fullback
He hasn't been able to really get on the field and contribute in any capacity other than special teams. The Rams already have it hard enough to cut down their depth chart at RB. Laskey is not in the cards.

Marquez North, Wide receiver
He hasn't gotten on the field in any of the first three preseason games. For that reason alone he is an easy cut.

David Richards, Wide receiver
He had two snaps last week but got on the field more this week and had one target in the red zone which was a drop. His former Arizona teammate Austin Hill has looked much better and it appears it's time to give Hill a double digit number because he unlike Richards will be moving onto the last set of cuts.

Benson Browne, Tight end
Not a lot of snaps and not a lot of production means Browne was just a camp body and will be cut in the first round.

Jake Stoneburner, Tight end
It's not likely Stoneburner makes it through the first round of cuts. Justice Cunningham has experience with this team as a whole and has caught a pass in preseason. Stoneburner was added later on in the offseason and hasn't gotten on the field enough.

Read more...
Donnal has had a solid training camp.53 man roster guaranteed.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Here's my list:
* WR - #13 - Mike Thomas
* LT - Darrell Williams

View attachment 15872

With the exception of Thomas, I agree. I think they give him another shot till the final cuts and then practice squad. Who would I replace him on the list with? #66 David Arkin OG. Just not much there IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If you had told me 2 days ago that Darrell Williams would be among the first cuts, I would have thought you were deranged.

But now?

Williams has played well, but obviously struggled X 10 in this game. We still have a big hole that nobody has been able to fill at backup OLT. It would have been nice to able to see Battle, and what he might be able to do.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's my list:
* WR - #13 - Mike Thomas
* LT - Darrell Williams

View attachment 15872
I will say this now Swindle really impressed me he was stellar at RT in the fourth and him and Kush liked the only decent OL's in that rotation. Swindle broke open that hole for Magee's 73 yard run too

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN

But now?

Dude I know Williams I thought was making the team as GRob's backup but not anymore

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Williams has played well, but obviously struggled X 10 in this game. We still have a big hole that nobody has been able to fill at backup OLT. It would have been nice to able to see Battle, and what he might be able to do.
Battle was at RT and played well in limited time.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Battle was at RT and played well in limited time.
OK. He came in at around the 2:00 mark in the 4th and got a handful of reps, in case anyone is interested.

To me, he didn't look real good, but better than last year. He still needs some work, but he flashes his athleticism. I see him landing on our PS, and I think we will be taking long looks at player cuts at the OT position. And to be fair, there could be a lot of rust there.

Our OT's made Denver's 2nd and 3rd string DE's, look like All-Pro players.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OK. He came in at around the 2:00 mark in the 4th and got a handful of reps, in case anyone is interested.

To me, he didn't look real good, but better than last year. He still needs some work, but he flashes his athleticism. I see him landing on our PS, and I think we will be taking long looks at player cuts at the OT position. And to be fair, there could be a lot of rust there.

If that gimpy knee of Battle keeps giving him issues his chances of going to the IR might be much higher than making it to the Rams PS.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If that gimpy knee of Battle keeps giving him issues his chances of going to the IR might be much higher than making it to the Rams PS.
Could be. I don't think he's at risk of being plucked, even if healthy, unless he puts some really good reps on tape, and a team is really desperate.

He has transformed his body some, and cleaned up some serious technique issues. I would like to keep him, and develop him another year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Could be. I don't think he's at risk of being plucked, even if healthy, unless he puts some really good reps on tape, and a team is really desperate.
Question? I am interested here ......can you elaborate on your comment that the Rams will go WWC hunting for an OT when we have a good selection already here in camp & working hard?

OLT/ORT-Rodger Saffold
OLT-Greg Robinson
ORT-Rob Havenstein
ORT'OLG-Andrew Donnal
ORT/ORG-Garrett Reynolds
OLT-Pace Murphy
ORT-Jordan Swindle
OLT/ORT-Isaiah Battle
OLT-Darrell Williams
ORT/OLG-David Arkin

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Question? I am interested here ......can you elaborate on your comment that the Rams will go WWC hunting for an OT when we have a good selection already here in camp & working hard?

OLT/ORT-Rodger Saffold
OLT-Greg Robinson
ORT-Rob Havenstein
ORT'OLG-Andrew Donnal
ORT/ORG-Garrett Reynolds
OLT-Pace Murphy
ORT-Jordan Swindle
OLT/ORT-Isaiah Battle
OLT-Darrell Williams
ORT/OLG-David Arkin
Sure, other than Saffold, who would be my only choice to play backup OLT, the rest of those guys look like ORT's to me. Why would we keep so many ORT's, you know? Do you think anyone else can be competent at that position, or even as a band-aid? And don't get me wrong, we used to be talking about starters, and now we are talking about backup players, so that is a huge plus, along with good depth at Guard, and ORT, but not so much at Center behind Barnes, who looks damn good this year, IMO.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN

Well not all the OT's again Swindle looked real good