Predicting secondary matchups vs the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
How does Morris manage the cb lineups now with Durant and Hill being back? Depending on the 9ers offensive personnel, will Kendrick hold on the the outside corner position, or will Hill or Durant take over snaps?

My guess:

Against...
11 personnel -
Ramsey, Hill, Kendrick, Durant will be on the field.

12 or 21 personnel - Since Deebo is out, Ramsey will mostly follow Kittle on passing downs, and Hill and Kendrick will be on the outside. On running downs, I expect 3 DTs to be on field with Ramsey and Kendrick.

22 or 13 personnel - Ramsey and Kendrick will be the only corners on the field.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Does Ramsey cover tight ends? I usually see linebackers or safeties cover them.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
They should make an exception and try to take out Kittle out of the mix on third down.

I hope dweebo is out. Not sure if it's true or gamesmanship.

But if he is out, I hope the Rams force the whiners to go elsewhere besides kittle.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kendrick can tackle so I imagine he stays outside in this one.

Durant I figure has to gradually work his way into things. I would work him in and have him ready to jump the routes across the middle where Jimmy kills us. If they play him outside the hash ratboy will attack him and test his tackling. No idea if he can handle that but he adds INT threat to this secondary.

Ramsey on Kittle yes. Durant cannot handle Kittle's physicality just yet.

Good thing is now they can phase out Long and Rochell and use them as depth, though that may take a few weeks. What is good is Raheem has options.

If it wasn't for this OL I would be really confident about this game. Because I think our defense is going to handle their run game. Here's hoping McVay call enough runs to let them fire off.

CMC added sucks. ILBs gonna need a good game.

Hope McVay ran padded practices this week.