Predict the Rams Captains

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'll start the bidding with

Gurley
Tree
Hekker

And then a few revolving captains each game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
1) Captain Crunch (for our D)
2) Captain Morgan (for me)
3) Captain Obvious (for whoever gets picked to make hotel reservations)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hekker
Tree
Keenum

This'n would surprise me. I know they'd like to have the QB be a captain - but would it also basically be saying that Goff isn't going to start all year? I know a captain doesn't have to start - and a C can be removed mid year. But still ....

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Keenums got to be one of them, don't you think?

Edit, looks like I was a wee bit late with THAT gem

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Foles was a captain, wasn't he?

I think Keenum should be one: he seems to have the respect of others, and the confidence. He'd be a good choice.

I could see Benny Cunningham getting it. Tree and Tru, maybe. Donald possibly.

Don't know about Gurley. He might be too much of a star. He'll be a captain at some point, but guys might not want the sophomore sensation getting too ahead of himself. Who knows. It's all conjecture and armchair psychology, haha.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gurley Donald and tree

^This. All three have been making noise in stepping up their leadership with the Rams' units and are in key roles. A case could be made for Tavon, but he needs to focus on catching the effin ball. After them it's whatever.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Do the players vote on this?

I'll go with Keenum, Tree and Hekker.

If it is down to a vote and Tree doesn't get named as one then that would say something about how his team mates on D view him as a leader.

Obviously this applies to Keenum and the O too but not as worried about that as we all know Goff will take over when he's ready. Tree has to be the QB of this defence - there's no one else waiting in the wings to take over that role.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
All time favorites Captains:
Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Kirk, Captain Cook

2016 Rams Captains:
Brockers
Benny
Britt
Saffold
Kendricks