Predict Tavon's season. Multiple responses.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Predict Tavon's season. Multiple responses.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He'll be good for 1 td per game, plus 100 yards (yfs). He's gonna have a Randy Moss type year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tavon's going over 900yds receiving, no doubt.

fearsomefour

Legend
Look at Austin and his stats might be sort of a condensed version of McCoy.
Total yards and TDs. I think his total yard total will jump up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It'll be more than Britt and Quick combined :double:.
Well then there ya go. #1 receiver numbers. No need for anyone else.

giphy.gif

Well then there ya go. #1 receiver numbers. No need for anyone else.

giphy.gif

If DeSean Jackson can do it in his second year I don't see why we should expect any less from Tavon, if he doesn't at least top 900 yards I think serious questions need to be asked about Snead's ability to find WR talent.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
i can see about:
Receiving: 987 Yds and 11 TDs
Rushing: 250 Yds 2 TDs
KR: 700 Yds 1 TD
PR: 350 Yds 2 TDs

all purpose yards 2287

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i can see about:
Receiving: 987 Yds and 11 TDs
Rushing: 250 Yds 2 TDs
KR: 700 Yds 1 TD
PR: 350 Yds 2 TDs

all purpose yards 2287

That is a ton of KR yards in today's NFL isn't it?

EDIT: Nope, not undoable. Would be top 10 and that's doable for TA.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That is a ton of KR yards in today's NFL isn't it?

EDIT: Nope, not undoable. Would be top 10 and that's doable for TA.

I think it's doable, if he's our #1 KR - I do think that Austin's got the ability to be great with the Rams

RamBill

Legend

Why Tavon Austin is a value pick

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
May 21, 2014 5:12 pm ET

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/fantasy-football-today/24569204/why-tavon-austin-is-a-value-pick

Tavon Austin's Fantasy owners spent last season groaning. Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer couldn't figure out how to get this electric talent the ball in space. We saw a ton of bubble screens, with multiple defenders swarming Austin as soon as he caught it.

Rookie receivers often disappoint; Austin proved the rule. He was taken on average as the 32nd WR and finished 54th in standard leagues. His four receiving touchdowns came in two big games.

With his stock in the tank -- Austin is going mid-9th round in early drafts as the No. 42 WR and just went early-9th in our most recent CBSSports.com mock --- Austin has become a value pick.

1. Austin played a mere 434 offensive snaps last season (six games with 30 or fewer) as the Rams wrestled with how to use him. He missed three games with an ankle injury. Look for at least 650 snaps if he stays healthy.

Austin was more productive, on a per-snap basis, than one might think. He tied for 18th in Fantasy Points Per Snap, averaging 0.18 along with Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson and T.Y. Hilton, per Pro Football Focus.

"I think another year in the program, in the offense, OTAs, training camp, you'll see more production," coach Jeff Fisher told ESPN.com. "I think we'll do a better job of using him now that we know what he's capable of doing. Kind of looking forward to see him improve from year one to year two."

2. The Rams passed on Sammy Watkins and did not draft a receiver. Wideout Stedman Bailey, who came on at the end of last season, is suspended four games. Chris Givens, Austin Pettis and Jared Cook are Austin's biggest competition for targets. St. Louis signed Kenny Britt, but he's Kenny Britt.

The Rams drafted Austin No. 8 overall and the pressure is on them to justify that pick.

3. Austin played just seven games with Sam Bradford, then got stuck with Kellen Clemens. A healthy Bradford will pay dividends for the entire offense.

4. Austin produced four rushing or receiving plays of 50-plus yards in his last four games, so perhaps the Rams were figuring out how to use him when he got hurt.

Dave Richard ranks Austin 38th and Jamey Eisenberg has him 42nd among receivers. Unless your league counts return yardage, you don't want Austin as one of your top three WRs. But with his huge upside he's a WR4 worth gambling on.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon is going to be a star in this league, whether it all comes together this year is yet to be seen but before its all said and done I expect him to be a true game changer.

my guess is 700yds receiving, 6 tds
300 yards rushing 3 tds
and another 4 return tds