Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Do you think this guy -- A320driver -- :cautious: might be the lurking "Les Snead?" Just wondering. . .

Possible but I doubt Les would care enough to reply, especially calling posters uneducated and such. He would probably just read it and laugh.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
While I was looking on Twitter for PS updates I came across these in reference to Mike Sam if anyone is interested.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 2m
CFL's Montreal Alouettes have reached out to Michael Sam, according to @RapSheet. Alouettes own Sam's rights: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387045/article/cfls-alouettes-wait-to-hear-back-from-michael-sam?campaign=Twitter_atl…

User Actions
FollowingMichael SchotteyVerified account‏@Schottey
Both of the 2013 All-Amercan Football ends are free agents right now—Michael Sam and Jackson Jeffcoat. http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ap-all-america-team-list…

Jim Thomas @jthom1 · 24m
Contrary to some rumors, Michael Sam has NOT been signed to Denver's practice squad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO Sam should wait it out for a job in the NFL this year unless he gets $$$$$$$ wowed by the CFL team. There's going to be a lot of attrition to DE's in the upcoming season. He should get a shot.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Jim Thomas
@jthom1
Rams complete practice squad by adding LB Denicos Allen, WR Emory Blake, S Christian Bryant, QB Garrett Gilbert. As expected, No Michael Sam
3:36 p.m. Mon, Sep 1

Denicos Allen is very intriguing. Undersized but the guy just made plays at Michigan State. I'd like to see him get a shot on special teams. If nothing else he should carve out a spot as a reliable special teamer.

I'd really like to get him on the active roster as soon as possible.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Now that the practice squad is complete, my initial thoughts......fuck right off. I'm glad we have Bryant and Gilbert on there as well as the two new LBers. But Matt Daniels, Washington, Hooey, Veltung and Conrath? Over guys like Reid, Franklin, Sam, etc. I understand we need help in certain positions, but corner is one of those positions and we neglected it. To keep Daniels, who is made of fine china, Veltung who is a glorified KR who can't even do that well, Hooey the revolving door, who can only play RT well, against third stringers, Conrath who is good at nothing and Washington who has been here for years and hasn't progressed at all. This is seriously the best we could do? Disappointed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This thread is huge, are there any additions besides Hooey and the other guy?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jim Thomas
@jthom1
Rams complete practice squad by adding LB Denicos Allen, WR Emory Blake, S Christian Bryant, QB Garrett Gilbert. As expected, No Michael Sam
3:36 p.m. Mon, Sep 1

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
If they truly just want a veteran than Grossman is perfect and I'm sure he'll pick up the system expeditiously. However, Pryor comes with upside, but there is a side of me that would be scared about them thinking Pryor could have potential to start. In the long run I want the Rams to draft somebody next year. There will be plenty of options and they won't have to sell the farm to move up either.

We'll see how this plays out, but IMO one of these guys will be signed and they will release a TE, because why in the hell would you need five?

Meh... Grossman has had his best days behind him... I'd rather have somebody who still have the ability to win any given Sunday.
Can he go on PS?

I doubt it... more than likely would have to cut someone on the 53 which is worth it to me

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Now that the practice squad is complete, my initial thoughts......freak right off. I'm glad we have Bryant and Gilbert on there as well as the two new LBers. But Matt Daniels, Washington, Hooey, Veltung and Conrath? Over guys like Reid, Franklin, Sam, etc. I understand we need help in certain positions, but corner is one of those positions and we neglected it. To keep Daniels, who is made of fine china, Veltung who is a glorified KR who can't even do that well, Hooey the revolving door, who can only play RT well, against third stringers, Conrath who is good at nothing and Washington who has been here for years and hasn't progressed at all. This is seriously the best we could do? Disappointed.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that our front office knows infinitely more about these guys than you do.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Can anybody tell me about the two linebackers on the practice squad?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that our front office knows infinitely more about these guys than you do.

Damn I guess that means I'm not entitled to an opinion.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Damn I guess that means I'm not entitled to an opinion.

You certainly are, but when tearing apart the majority of our practice squad built by a GM who has certainly shown the ability to scout UDFA talent, it comes across as a bit dogmatic. I think Snead deserves to be given benefit of the doubt.

That's all I'm saying.

A320driver

Rookie
I watched every preseason game twice through. Once live and once going back and forth using the 10 sec clicker.
I very much respect CoachO's views on practice but i also trust mine own eyes when it comes to gameday. :)

My question to you is : How do you think he fits ?

A320driver

Rookie
Now that the practice squad is complete, my initial thoughts......freak right off. I'm glad we have Bryant and Gilbert on there as well as the two new LBers. But Matt Daniels, Washington, Hooey, Veltung and Conrath? Over guys like Reid, Franklin, Sam, etc. I understand we need help in certain positions, but corner is one of those positions and we neglected it. To keep Daniels, who is made of fine china, Veltung who is a glorified KR who can't even do that well, Hooey the revolving door, who can only play RT well, against third stringers, Conrath who is good at nothing and Washington who has been here for years and hasn't progressed at all. This is seriously the best we could do? Disappointed.

Sooooo .. Can you tell us all how you justify Bond at only being serviceable at RG ?
P.s....Iam not a lawyer, but you make it easy ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hooey fits like that sweater your grandmother knitted for you when you were in the fifth grade. You remember the one? The sweater with the body big enough for three people and with one arm longer than the other...one sleeve had a cuff, the other didn't...she didn't wear her glasses when doing the teddy bear, so he actually looks like a psychotic wolverine...which actually got cooler as you got older, but you couldn't fit into it by then...

You know...? THAT one. He fits like THAT sweater... as in...not at all.