Practice Squad Signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams2050

Starter
So, in other words there is no place in this world for a fan forum or people voicing their own opinions? Just agree with every move that the coaches make? I cannot remember how Spagnoulo and Linehan made out with all of their decisions, hmm. Fisher is a .500 coach with 1 SB appearance in 15 years? Hardly infallible or unquestionable.
Do you think this guy -- A320driver -- :cautious: might be the lurking "Les Snead?" Just wondering. . .

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee. Don't the Rams usually have a press release regarding the practice squad by now? I wonder who is working out down at Rams Park?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gee. Don't the Rams usually have a press release regarding the practice squad by now? I wonder who is working out down at Rams Park?

They're currently vacillating on what QB to bring in and thus will have to cut a TE. Which I don't understand what is taking so long because I'm quite sure they will need an injury settlement for Cunningham.

fearsomefour

Legend
t.
I can tell you only the facts here: everyone is guilty of remembering the implosion at LT, and that's all they seem/ want to remember ? If we were all so damn smart, and knowledgable how come we are not in the coaching profession ;)
All kidding aside, I have never seen so much unfounded, uneducated, and unreasonable questioning of an NFL coaching staff...You read one thread about Fischer, and or Boo being the guy ! And then a bunch of "Hooey"
Sorry I couldn't resist :) !...About how they pick who is the better player, or who they sign immediately as to their importance to the team.
As coach O has stated all along, Hooey graded out better than most of the back ups during the pre season at his primary position which had been identified as RT...his play at LT and for the sake of this discussion at RT had some break downs all consistently in the 4th qtr. of every game. Played pretty close to the most snaps in pre season..He was struggling with his focus from the fatigue, and was sloppy in the very last series in each game...He was really strong in the run game, and unlike other backups..He finishes his blocks very strongly. In the pass pro his problems have not been in his setting initially, because he gets back very quickly! It was with his maintaining contact, and or not keeping his feet moving.
These things are fixable ! In 4 games he was never off sides..had no false starts..In fact he had no penalties, and had no missed assignments..which is football coach speak for screwing up the play book.
So if you have a guy with all of the tools..the smarts..who didn't get as much playing time in college, or his previous year as a rookie, and he has greatly improved in your system in just one pre season/ OTA's ;getting better with every rep you give him, You have brought him in initially as a project..And now you guys think we should let him go so another team can take advantage of OUR time we have put into this guy so he can help some other TEAMS beat us ?

I think I will invest in my next stock long term mind you ...Let it gain about 8% for a year, and then sell it all right when it's about to go through the roof the next year while it splits?

Before you all continue to throw the staff under the bus here's a little factoid: Over 50% of ALL first round picks never produce as to their projected draft position as it applies to participation..number of games started..longevity as a starter over years played.

The ugly duckling story is alive and well in the NFL ....And so is the First round sure thing bust saga
It just takes longer cause money dictates you give a drafted guy every chance...UDFA don't get second chances
They earn them ;)
The coaches know what they've got...trust them this kid is gonna be a solid player !
Hooey was good at RT. Pass blocking was vastly improved from the previous year and run blocking was solid. He fell apart at LT but my understanding is he hadnt practiced there, so, a little unfair to throw him over there during game action.
With an Oline injury history like the Rams it is good idea to have some depth on the practice squad. In my opinion the team now has a developing LT guy in Washington and a developing RT guy in Hooey, that is a good thing. Trying to develop some guys the old fashioned way is a good way avoid depth issues going forward.
Keeping in mind J Long has a serious injury he is coming off of and Barksdale is a FA after this year.
Keeping guys at a position of need (depth at T in this case) is a positive.

Rams4life

Jim Thomas
@jthom1
Rams complete practice squad by adding LB Denicos Allen, WR Emory Blake, S Christian Bryant, QB Garrett Gilbert. As expected, No Michael Sam
3:36 p.m. Mon, Sep 1

Mamfm5

UDFA
@jthom1: Rams complete practice squad by adding LB Denicos Allen, WR Emory Blake, S Christian Bryant, QB Garrett Gilbert. As expected, No Michale Sam

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Glad to see we got Christian Bryant on the PS. Think he's got potential. Did we sign Greg Reid to it (sorry cant be bothered to look through 7 pages for it!).

A55VA6

Legend
Glad to see we got Christian Bryant on the PS. Think he's got potential. Did we sign Greg Reid to it (sorry cant be bothered to look through 7 pages for it!).
No Greg Reid. Man I liked him..

They also didn't put any of the LB's they cut on the practice squad.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
So Greg Reid didn't even make the practice squad. Wow.

I won't lie, I was hoping for a better QB on the practice squad than Gilbert. I like that they went outside for LBers. Veltung and Blake make sense.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Veltung and Blake must be pretty good practice guys. I just haven't seen the fascination the Rams may have with them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No Greg Reid. Man I liked him..They also didn't put any of the LB's they cut on the practice squad.
Reid situation is hopefully like coach0 says, fluid....But really, the LB's that were here played like crap.

I don't see it either.
Veltung & Blake know the system....Probably why it isn't feasible to bring in a new QB...Schotty system is like Spanish....

rfa77

UDFA
I guess no one believed me when I said that Hooey actually graded out pretty well at RIGHT TACKLE throughout the Preseason. While others might not like this one, I knew it was very likely. They are rolling the dice going with 8 healthy OL until Jones can get back. So they need guys who KNOW THE SYSTEM on the PS.
Yeah - it's amazing few are paying attention. He's not a left tackle, yet he's graded solely on his performance at that position.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Denicos Allen. Where'd this guy come from?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The St. Louis Rams have signed 10 players to their practice squad. The group includes LB Denicos Allen, WR Emory Blake, S Christian Bryant, DT Matt Conrath, S Matt Daniels, QB Garrett Gilbert, T Sean Hooey, LB Kevin Reddick, WR Justin Veltung and G Brandon Washington.

nighttrain

Legend
Reid situation is hopefully like coach0 says, fluid....But really, the LB's that were here played like crap.

Veltung & Blake know the system....Probably why it isn't feasible to bring in a new QB...Schotty system is like Spanish....
Then Mark Sanchez should be a natural:)
train