Practice Report: Rams Not Counting Out the Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
NOT COUNTING OUT THE CARDINALS

Sunday will mark the second time this season that the Rams have faced off against the Cardinals. Just a few weeks ago, L.A. shut out Arizona, 33-0 in London, taking home the club’s biggest victory over the Cardinals in series history.

And while many outside of the building are referring to Sunday’s contest as a potential “trap game” for Los Angeles, the players inside the locker room don’t see it that way.

“I don’t think there are any trap games in the NFL,” wide receiver Josh Reynolds said. “Every team has the ability to beat you. Each week you have to play all out. So I know there is not that mindset in this locker room about it being a trap game.”

Left guard Rodger Saffold, the longest-tenured Ram, has played against the Cardinals 15 teams over his eight seasons. He said that regardless of records, every time you go up against a division rival the intensity is heightened — pointing to the many “close battles” between the clubs in the past.

“I expect it to be a tough-fought game. I expect them to make plays, and I expect there to be a little bit of adversity that we have to overcome in order to win the game,” Saffold said. “This is a real game, and we are going to have to play our best if we want to win.”

Saffold went on to describe how Arizona has rebounded over the past five weeks since the two teams last met. He believes that the 5-6 Cardinals could just as easily have at least seven wins.

“You can’t count out the Cardinals. This is a good game with a good team,” he said. “Their record doesn’t show it, but they’ve been in a lot of close games that they just weren’t able to come out with a win.”

This week the Rams expect the Cardinals to come out with a chip on their shoulders. As such, in order to win on Sunday, L.A. will need to be at its best.

“We just know being in the league, how the league works — whether it’s the best team or the worst team in the league,” running back Todd Gurley said. “So, you have to come and bring it each weekend.”

INJURY REPORT

The Rams received some positive news on the injury front going into Sunday.

Linebacker Mark Barron (non-injury related), center John Sullivan (non-injury related), left tackle Andrew Whitworth (non-injury related), tight end Tyler Higbee (illness), and cornerback Kayvon Webster(ankle) all returned to practice on Friday as full participants. As such, they’re expected to play on Sunday.

Wide receiver Robert Woods (shoulder) and outside linebacker Connor Barwin (forearm) are the only Rams ruled out of the Week 13 contest. Rounding out the club’s injury report were running backs Lance Dunbar(knee) and Malcolm Brown. Although both were full participants in Friday’s session, they are questionable to play on Sunday.

Should both be able to play, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur said it will help in keeping running back Todd Gurley fresh.

“We have a lot of confidence in both of those guys going in and being able to execute the same way that when Todd’s in the game,” LaFleur said. “So yeah, it allows us to keep [Gurley] a little more fresh so that when it gets down in the crunch time, he’s got a full head of steam behind him.”

For Arizona, wide receiver John Brown (toe), linebacker (ankle), safety Rudy Ford (knee), and defensive lineman Corey Peters (ankle) were ruled out by head coach Bruce Arians and will not participate on Sunday.

Defensive lineman Josh Mauro (ankle) and tight end Troy Niklas (back/knee) will be questionable to play.

But the biggest name on the Cardinals’ injury report is running back Adrian Peterson (neck) who is questionable to play on Sunday after not participating in practice all week. According to www.azcardinals.com, Arians said Peterson will be a “game-time decision.”

[www.therams.com]

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
INJURY REPORT
......Rounding out the club’s injury report were running backs Lance Dunbar(knee) and Malcolm Brown. Although both were full participants in Friday’s session, they are questionable to play on Sunday.Should both be able to play, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur said it will help in keeping running back Todd Gurley fresh.
“We have a lot of confidence in both of those guys going in and being able to execute the same way that when Todd’s in the game,” LaFleur said. “So yeah, it allows us to keep [Gurley] a little more fresh so that when it gets down in the crunch time, he’s got a full head of steam behind him.”
Big positive news that both our back up RB's were able to go Full practice status late Friday afternoon! I would prefer that Gurley is rested as much as possible for the Eagles & Seahawks game. It would not bother me to see a HEAVY duty mixer of TA/Brown & Dunbar after the Rams get up in this game.

The Cards could be a little soft in the middle of thier D Sunday due to the injuries to Big Run Stuffer NT Corey Peters & Inside LB'er Deone Bucannon both out. Plus starting DT Josh Mauro has a badly damaged ankle & may not dress out too. You should be able to wear down old man DT Frostee Rucker too.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals-team-injuries?season=2017

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good, I don't want them to take any team lightly. We've been the spoiler for the past 13 years, don't let another team do that to us.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The way things have gone the past few years for these guys, I don't think they will take anyone lightly. If anyone knows how fast things can change its these guys.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Big positive news that both our back up RB's were able to go Full practice status late Friday afternoon! I would prefer that Gurley is rested as much as possible for the Eagles & Seahawks game. It would not bother me to see a HEAVY duty mixer of TA/Brown & Dunbar after the Rams get up in this game.

The Cards could be a little soft in the middle of thier D Sunday due to the injuries to Big Run Stuffer NT Corey Peters & Inside LB'er Deone Bucannon both out. Plus starting DT Josh Mauro has a badly damaged ankle & may not dress out too. You should be able to wear down old man DT Frostee Rucker too.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals-team-injuries?season=2017
Unless the Rams are up like 31-7 I wouldn't rest anyone! PF's and PA's are Tie-Breaker's in seeding for the Post Season, so we need to Run-Up scores! JMHO