Practice report:Rams getting healthy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_f92934c5-7a00-52cd-ac9b-2bb179d676e9.html

A slightly healthier Rams team took part in a full practice Thursday after what was a one-hour walk-through a day earlier.

"It was a great practice today," coach Jeff Fisher said. "I think they really benefited from (Wednesday's) schedule. "We got a lot of players back. Many more participated today."

For openers, DE William Hayes (foot) and C Scott Wells (elbow) were full participation Thursday after not practicing at all during Wednesday's walk-through.

S Rodney McLeod (knee) and LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (toe) were upgraded to limited participation after sitting out Wednesday.

CB Trumaine Johnson (knee), C Tim Barnes (shoulder), WR Kenny Britt (hip), CB Marcus Roberson (ankle), and DB Lamarcus Joyner (hip) were all upgraded to full participation Thursday after being limited Wednesday.

But for the second day in a row, LG Rodger Saffold (shoulder), CB Janoris Jenkins (knee), DT Aaron Donald (shoulder), and S Cody Davis (concussion) did not practice.

"I can't say with precision who could play right now and who can't," Fisher said. "We may even have some pre-game warm-up decisions to make early Sunday."

IN SAN FRAN. . . .

CB Tramaine Brock (toe) and Patrick Willis (toe) remained listed as limited Thursday by the 49ers. S Jimmie Ward (quad) was upgraded to full participation after being limited Wednesday.

In contrast to the Rams, who have 13 players listed on their injury report, San Francisco _ which is coming off a bye week _ has only four.

"Everybody's dealing with injuries," Fisher said. "We've probably got a little more than most. But you can't consume yourself with that. We're not going to be thinking about who's hurt and who's not at 1 o'clock (Pacific time) on Sunday."

CHRIS LONG'S STATUS

According to league rules on injured reserve/designated for return status, DE Chris Long is eligible to be on the practice field right now following early September foot surgery. But he's not ready to hit the field yet.

"He's a little ways away, but we're very encouraged where he's at," Fisher said. "As he is too. We just want to make sure. There's two issues right now. The surgical procedure is not an issue for him right now."

But because Long was in a cast and couldn't put any weight on the foot for a while, there was some atrophy to the muscles in that leg. "So he has to get all his strength back," Fisher said.

BARRON'S DAY

For newly-acquired safety Mark Barron, Thursday marked his first full day as a Ram, and really his first day of practice.

"He spent a lot of time here last night and this morning (in the meeting room)," Fisher said. "We worked him in (in practice), particularly because we got some guys that didn't practice. He was on the field with the (starting) defense. He had a really good understanding of the defensive concepts. So it's just a matter of relating what he's used to and translating it into our terminology."

END OF MOVES

CB Jemea Thomas cleared waivers Thursday and was added to the practice squad. And after clearing waivers Wednesday, QB Case Keenum was officially added to the practice squad.

All told, those moves capped a 48-hour period in which the Rams made 18 roster moves, be it cutting players, signing players to the active roster and practice squad, trading for Barron, or placing Jake Long and Brian Quick on injured reserve.

When asked if 18 moves was a personal best for Fisher during a game week, Fisher replied, "I wouldn't call it 'best.' It was something that needed to get done. I appreciate all the help from Les (Snead) and Kevin (Demoff), and the staff, getting everything done."

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If that's getting healthy then I don't wanna know what getting hurt is like.

Saffold is one guy I want back. Johnson and Long, too.

Looks like we still have back ups at OG, too.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that's getting healthy then I don't wanna know what getting hurt is like.

Saffold is one guy I want back. Johnson and Long, too.

Looks like we still have back ups at OG, too.

i cant wait for Saffold and Johnson. Johnson is our best cb . i hope Jenkins back to but we will be ok with tru and Gaines. If we keep loosing they might just shut long down.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Scott Wells.......I wanna see more Barrett Jones.
With the injury to OG Saffold and the pathetic play of OG Davin Joseph & Mike Person being the only reserve OT available they may look to get Tim Barnes & Barrett Jones some action in @ both OG spots. Never Know?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm most concerned about our OG position We really need Saffold in their this week!