Practice Report: Practice of the Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
http://m.therams.com/news-and-event...l-Wishes/70b2025c-d95f-4527-882c-c6406287a703

Sounds like the bye week did the players some good. Players said that today's practice was one of the best of the year. Here's a piece from the article:

"I think today was one of our best practices of the year, really. Across the board - offensively, defensively, everyone was making plays," Goff said. "When you see that, you know that there was no drop off and there's probably even an increase with the bye week with getting healthy and getting fresh."

"Jared was hitting all of his receivers, making good decisions and we were running the ball and getting all of our right fits," left guard Rodger Saffold said. "Everybody was jelling and everything was super smooth - that's when you know that you're going to have a good week of practice [and] you know it's going to translate to the game.

Can't help but love the sound of that! Sounds like the running and passing game are rolling and meshing well together. This does not bode well for the Giants!

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
http://m.therams.com/news-and-event...l-Wishes/70b2025c-d95f-4527-882c-c6406287a703

Sounds like the bye week did the players some good. Players said that today's practice was one of the best of the year. Here's a piece from the article:

"I think today was one of our best practices of the year, really. Across the board - offensively, defensively, everyone was making plays," Goff said. "When you see that, you know that there was no drop off and there's probably even an increase with the bye week with getting healthy and getting fresh."

"Jared was hitting all of his receivers, making good decisions and we were running the ball and getting all of our right fits," left guard Rodger Saffold said. "Everybody was jelling and everything was super smooth - that's when you know that you're going to have a good week of practice [and] you know it's going to translate to the game.

Can't help but love the sound of that! Sounds like the running and passing game are rolling and meshing well together. This does not bode well for the Giants!
Dilly! Dilly!.gif

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I worry whenever they say the whole team did well in practice. In order for one unit to do well, another unit has to fail. For all units to be doing well in practice, all units must be failing.

Or they're lying. I don't think they're lying. Fluffing the fans is more likely.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well, I did not play football past 7th grade, but played basketball thru HS.... you know when you have a good practice. Both groups/teams can make good plays and play at a high level. That versus a sluggish practice or a practice where a lot of mistakes are made.

Ram65

Legend
Really like Jared's answers. He has high expectations and doesn't relent. I'm sure the team has lot of confidence in him.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

Maybe they should just not even bother to play the game...

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I worry whenever they say the whole team did well in practice. In order for one unit to do well, another unit has to fail. For all units to be doing well in practice, all units must be failing.

Or they're lying. I don't think they're lying. Fluffing the fans is more likely.
I remember telling a coach of mine years ago that there was only one play that everyone seemed to be happy with when we scrimmaged in practice. The three yard run. Every other play some coach or another seemed to be mad at someone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love the confidence the guys have this year. McVay has really built them up. They're believing they are winners now. That's half the battle.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love the confidence the guys have this year. McVay has really built them up. They're believing they are winners now. That's half the battle.

Yep, and when everyone has that mindset losing becomes unacceptable. They believe and expect to win now, losing is not the expectation anymore. They have seen what they're capable of.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really like Jared's answers. He has high expectations and doesn't relent. I'm sure the team has lot of confidence in him.
Man, did you get the sense that Jared is getting to be a salty dog with the press? He isn't hedging anymore with answers and lets them know straight up that he and the team doesn't give a cr@p what the writers think, good or bad.
He wasn't rude, just letting folks know he isn't the same guy in is first press conference explaining his first loss last year. CONFIDENT!