Practice Report: First Day Back at Cal Lutheran ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Practice Report: First Day Back at Cal Lutheran
Posted 15 hours ago

kristen_lago.jpg
Kristen LagoRams Writer/Reporter@kristennlago

temp170815_RamsCamp14_JL_001--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

slideshow-icon.png

VIEW GALLERY | 28 Photos
PHOTOS: Sammy Watkins' First Week as a Ram

The Rams were back on field on Monday afternoon, practicing in a non-padded session at Cal Lutheran. The team had worked out of UC Irvine since late July for training camp, but has now shifted practices to its football headquarters for the rest of the season.

After a day off, head coach Sean McVay said practice focused on situations, which was designed to keep the liveliness of practice high. And even though it was their first practice back at the facility and the team was just in shells, McVay said he thought “the energy, the focus and the concentration was excellent.”

INJURY REPORT

After sitting out Saturday’s game, many members of the Rams’ defense were back for practice on Monday. Linebackers Mark Barron and Robert Quinn, as well as cornerbacks Kayvon Webster and Nickell Robey-Coleman, all returned to the field. Quinn has been limited throughout much of training camp and has been held out of the first two preseason games. McVay said a lot of the reasoning behind Quinn’s restricted reps was “preventative” in nature. And though he practiced on Monday, McVay and his staff have yet to decide whether Quinn will play on Saturday against the Chargers.

“We’ve got some different guys, where Robert’s one of our more veteran players, on a maintenance program,” McVay said of holding Quinn out. “He obviously had the hand thing in the offseason program, so being mindful of just getting him back and being smart about how we approach the season and him being at his best September 10th is really the key for us.”

“If we feel like getting him out there with his teammates is going to be worth it, then we’ll end up doing that. But we’re going to do what’s best for Robert and then for our team, being mindful of that date with the Colts.”

WATKINS ADJUSTING TO RAMS’ OFFENSE

The newest addition to the Rams’ offense, wide receiver Sammy Watkins, caughta pair of passes in his debut on Saturday and is expected to see more game action against the Chargers.

During training camp, Watkins said it would take him “about a week and a half” to fully master the Rams’ playbook. After 10 days on the roster, McVay said Watkins “has fit in great with the team” thus far, calling him “a good, natural football player.”

“I thought he made a couple key plays, that third down was a big time play even though it’s a four or five-yard gain, but it moves the chains,” McVay said Monday. “The first play of 7-on-7, he makes a big play down the field today.”

“I think you’ll continue to see him get more comfortable and that’ll enable him to be able to play faster where he’s not really thinking and then you can just kind of let your talent show and be the best version of yourself.”

OFFENSIVE LINE AIMS FOR CONSISTENCY

It is no secret the Rams’ offense struggled to protect quarterback Jared Goff in 2016, as he was sacked 26 times in just seven games.

Coming into 2017, the Rams made a pointed effort to reinvigorate the offensive line, bringing in veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth and center John Sullivan, along with a new offensive line coach in Aaron Kromer. And after an entire training camp and two preseason games, there has been a lot of noticeable improvement from the position group as a whole.

Left guard Rodger Saffold, who is now entering his eighth season as a Ram, said Monday the new additions to the line have provided the team with a heightened level of chemistry and focus.

“To have some of those veteran guys to help out on both sides… Whit and Sully those are two guys who make it a lot easier to be able to see things, and we’re able to adjust off of each other, so it’s getting better and better,” Saffold said of the line’s progress. “I think that Jamon Brown and Rob Havenstein are both getting really good at doing their roles and they are starting to perfect their technique, which is going to do nothing but help us come September 10th.”

The veteran guard also touched on the major differences in this season’s outlook, stressing the added accountability placed on the line under Kromer and McVay.

“We’re constantly challenged,” he said. “And I think that’s what has allowed the level of play to step up in the right direction. We’re seeing guys making giant strides that we didn’t see last year.”

PRESS POINTS

A bit of the media attention following today’s practice was focused on something other than the field — the solar eclipse. On Sunday, McVay said he didn’t know too much about the eclipse and was asked again on Monday whether or not he had watched it. Check out what he had to say below:

On whether or not he watched the solar eclipse today: “I did not. I saw a good couple jabs that people took at me about that with the shades coming down on me.”

On if any of the players watched the eclipse: “They did. A lot of the guys were talking about it today. It was something that you heard guys frequently discussing. I was just holed up in the office with no window and I didn’t see it.”

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why is there no report on Andrew Donnell & Ejuan Price ?? Really upsetting the lack of info.

The Rams website STINKS Big Time !! You go look up a player & the wrong player comes up.
Real weak

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jared Goff and Rams Offense Stand a New Chance with Sean McVay
DOUG FARRARAUGUST 22, 2017

hi-res-2f6e52847fbd3cf8593b18ab971211b3_crop_north.jpg

Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
When the Rams traded a boatload of draft picks for the right to select first overall in the 2016 draft and took Cal quarterback Jared Goff, they likely expected him to have a better rookie season than he did. When you give up two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two third-round picks for one player, you want him to look at least marginally ready for prime time.

To put it succinctly, Goff didn't. The problems with his game evident during his time at Cal—most notably his severe timing and accuracy issues—showed up in the NFL.

The Rams started journeyman Case Keenum through the first half of the 2016 season to give Goff more time to prepare for the realities of the NFL. When the young prized quarterback got his chance as a starter from Week 10 onward, however, he did not impress. He completed 54.6 percent of his passes (112-of-205) for 1,089 yards, five touchdowns and seven interceptions. His quarterback rating of 63.6 was the worst for any quarterback who took at least 25 percent of his team's snaps, per Pro Football Focus.

While the standard stats were less than impressive, the advanced metrics were even worse. According to Football Outsiders' opponent-adjusted numbers, Goff had the worst season for any quarterback selected in the top 10 from 1987 through 2016, posting a DVOA (FO's primary opponent-adjusted metric) of minus-74.7 percent. Against a baseline established by every quarterback throw in 2016, Goff was essentially 74.7 percent less efficient than a league-average quarterback. He was worse in his rookie season than Kelly Stouffer and Ryan Leaf, which is singularly unimpressive.

Goff's historic inefficiency backed up why he needed at least one full year on the bench before he would be ready for the rigors of the NFL. During his November 20 start against the Dolphins, he was incapable of doing anything but completing simple short routes. Goff went 17-of-31 for 134 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions, but the only reason he didn't throw picks is that he didn't take any chances.

When he did begin throwing picks later in the season, one worrisome trend unfolded. Goff routinely threw late to receivers running predictable and disadvantageous routes, and cornerbacks jumped those routes as if they had them read—which they likely did.

The Rams fired head coach Jeff Fisher in mid-December, which led to a series of bloodlettings in the coaching staff at the end of the season. To replace Fisher, the Rams hired former Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay in January. McVay was the main man behind Kirk Cousins' career-best season in 2015, and he has built a reputation as one of the smartest play-designers in the NFL.

When he took the job, McVay inherited Goff and all of his attendant issues. It's now up to him to make things better.

c54409763faa3da12654d8cd42e26350_crop_exact.jpg

Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
"I think what he's done above the neck in terms of the way that he's handled the different things and situations that we've put him in, been very pleased so far," McVay said of Goff in July, per USA Today's Lindsay Jones. "We know that game-like atmosphere, you try to create that so that you can mimic and emulate those situations in practice. But, until you're actually live as a quarterback, that's when you truly get challenged."

Before sticking Goff in those situations against the Raiders in the Rams' second preseason game, McVay had to put a plan in place to overcome his young quarterback's limitations. Goff completed three of four passes against the Cowboys in the Rams' first preseason game, but this was the first time McVay would have him in for an extensive number of snaps.

McVay's plan worked like a charm, even against a Raiders defense that seemed disinterested in coverage and tackling at times. Goff completed 16 of 20 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown, resembling an NFL quarterback over a number of snaps for the first time. While that's a low bar, the Rams needed to start somewhere, and McVay's game plan for Goff was outstanding.

In recent articles on rookie quarterbacks DeShone Kizer of the Brownsand Mitchell Trubisky of the Bears, I detailed how their coaches helped them get into a rhythm by getting them on the run to clear pressure and keeping their first reads open with route design. McVay did the same thing, treating Goff like a rookie quarterback in need of redemption.

Goff's first pass of the game set the tone, with McVay setting up a simple but effective route combination against Oakland's man defense. As receiver Cooper Kupp (no. 18) takes cornerback TJ Carrie (No. 38) up the seam to clear short coverage, outside receiver Robert Woods (No. 17) beats cornerback Sean Smith (No. 21) on a quick in-cut, and Goff has an easy completion to an open receiver. The Rams did not run nearly enough of these routes in Goff's rookie season under offensive coordinator Rob Boras. It was a relatively unspectacular 10-yard play, but it set Goff up with a positive first moment and started a roll of consistent completions.

d71164c020e831d06e51af196ff23fbe_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

eb45201650e234fd223f5f5e085173ff_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

5f934992afd72a32f5e285349d00fa12_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media
That was one way for McVay to create openings for Goff; this nine-yard pass to Woods two plays later was a more inventive one. Woods starts out in the right slot and then motions to the left side, forcing Carrie to run with him and exposing the man coverage plan to Goff. Woods then runs back across the formation post-snap, and Carrie gets caught in traffic across the field as he tries to recover and catch up to Woods. This was a nifty way to create separation for Woods and more of a positive rhythm for Goff.

2bcf5567aebe16d3a944648d365d45bf_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

7f399afbaddaf9866c49bccfc60b50b9_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

655e41f7262491de3cfbad18df27c00c_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

069306c1f57998ead5c84bccf23c96d8_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media
Goff's 23-yard touchdown pass to Kupp at the end of the Rams' first drive began at the line of scrimmage with the offensive line.

While Kupp ran a nice over route from left to right, the use of run action among the team's blockers set Oakland's defense up for failure. Watch the Raiders defense as they react to the threat of the run, and it's easy to see how Kupp was so wide open. Goff's play-fake to Todd Gurley (No. 30) and the line firing out as if the play is a run has the Silver and Black biting on the fake all the way. The boot-action aspect of the fake gives Goff a clear view, and Kupp is running through defenders who are unsure whether to zig or zag.

edba3db7354dd4ab5c59483c27f86406_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

9f4f720cf2a817463325e5318f86ced0_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

30e0d8f4647a0fa87b358308ab7e318f_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

The offensive line also helped Gurley, who looked lost in his second season. The hypertalented running back was unsupported in 2016, and the line's inability to help him get yards after contact in power situations contributed to his decrease in yards per carry from 4.8 in 2015 to 3.2 last year. But with a rebuilt line, Gurley looked like his old self against the Raiders, gaining 38 yards on eight carries and scoring a touchdown.

Gurley doesn't need McVay's help; he just needs people who can block. Goff desperately does, and the first significant example of his performance in McVay's scheme provides some hope to Rams fans who had no reason to envision good things from their team's offense last year.

"I thought Jared did a great job making good decisions, got a lot of people involved," McVay said after the 24-21 win, per Myles Simmons of the team's official site. "And I thought just from having eight snaps in Week 1 and then coming in tonight and having 37—we always talk about that daily improvement and he definitely got better this week."

Most importantly, Goff felt comfortable with the results—probably for the first time in his NFL career.

"It's huge for any offense, especially for us when we're able to stay in front of the sticks, stay in 3rd-and-manageable," Goff said, per Simmons. "It's a game-changer. You don't like to be in 3rd-and-12. You don't want to be in even 2nd-and-12, you want to stay ahead of the sticks. And I think we did a good job of that tonight. And ultimately, that'll help us move the ball and score points."

Is it right to be skeptical of Goff's progress? Absolutely. He's going to be tied to a set of play designs that spoon-feed him McVay's offense in the short term, and the complexity and talent of starting defenses generally demolish such designs over time in the regular season.

Still, McVay is the only thing standing between Goff and another horrible bust of a season. If Goff were to undergo another season like 2016, that could cause the door to shut on his NFL future once and for all.

In the meantime, McVay provides a ray of hope through the keyhole.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We still have not seen Sampson Ebukham ?? Is he going to be out for the year just to keep him on the roster ??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What McVay did for Goff in that game is just good basic route combination usage. It's good scheming and coordination that you want for any QB, and you see even veterans improve when that stuff improves, I mean look no further than Matty Ice once he got a real coordinator in there. It really has nothing to do with training wheels or any of that other nonsense.

Cracks me up how a writer finds a way of making a good outing by the kid look like he was run down the street on training wheels. Effin ridiculous.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What McVay did for Goff and the entire offense is what some of us were saying Fisher needed to do last year. It's what Pederson and the Eagles staff and Garrett and the Cowboys staff did for their young QB's and why they for the most part had their good years.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
My favorite part was when the article said Goff had "severe accuracy" issues at Cal. I thought accuracy was one his strengths in college.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
On whether or not he watched the solar eclipse today: “I did not. I saw a good couple jabs that people took at me about that with the shades coming down on me.”

On if any of the players watched the eclipse: “They did. A lot of the guys were talking about it today. It was something that you heard guys frequently discussing. I was just holed up in the office with no window and I didn’t see it.”
On a personal note, I live in Simi Valley, 15-20 min. from the practice field, on City Streets, and I never noticed the Eclipse, and I was looking for it! You really couldn't tell there was one!:LOL:

Zero

Pro Bowler
My favorite part was when the article said Goff had "severe accuracy" issues at Cal. I thought accuracy was one his strengths in college.
It was his strength.Probably got his info from Jason Whitlock.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think we keep at least 8 LB's he could be one of them!

Well LB's and DE's ?? The numbers are going to be confusing.

Name 8 to 10 players with a few on the bubble .

Littleton is going to make it , but not overly impressed.

Bryce Hager stepped it up !!

OTree , Barron , Barwin , Quinn , Longacre, Fox ? ,

--Ejuan Price ?? Ebukman ???
McKinnzy?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff and Rams Offense Stand a New Chance with Sean McVay
DOUG FARRARAUGUST 22, 2017

hi-res-2f6e52847fbd3cf8593b18ab971211b3_crop_north.jpg

Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
When the Rams traded a boatload of draft picks for the right to select first overall in the 2016 draft and took Cal quarterback Jared Goff, they likely expected him to have a better rookie season than he did. When you give up two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two third-round picks for one player, you want him to look at least marginally ready for prime time.

To put it succinctly, Goff didn't. The problems with his game evident during his time at Cal—most notably his severe timing and accuracy issues—showed up in the NFL.

The Rams started journeyman Case Keenum through the first half of the 2016 season to give Goff more time to prepare for the realities of the NFL. When the young prized quarterback got his chance as a starter from Week 10 onward, however, he did not impress. He completed 54.6 percent of his passes (112-of-205) for 1,089 yards, five touchdowns and seven interceptions. His quarterback rating of 63.6 was the worst for any quarterback who took at least 25 percent of his team's snaps, per Pro Football Focus.

While the standard stats were less than impressive, the advanced metrics were even worse. According to Football Outsiders' opponent-adjusted numbers, Goff had the worst season for any quarterback selected in the top 10 from 1987 through 2016, posting a DVOA (FO's primary opponent-adjusted metric) of minus-74.7 percent. Against a baseline established by every quarterback throw in 2016, Goff was essentially 74.7 percent less efficient than a league-average quarterback. He was worse in his rookie season than Kelly Stouffer and Ryan Leaf, which is singularly unimpressive.

Goff's historic inefficiency backed up why he needed at least one full year on the bench before he would be ready for the rigors of the NFL. During his November 20 start against the Dolphins, he was incapable of doing anything but completing simple short routes. Goff went 17-of-31 for 134 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions, but the only reason he didn't throw picks is that he didn't take any chances.

When he did begin throwing picks later in the season, one worrisome trend unfolded. Goff routinely threw late to receivers running predictable and disadvantageous routes, and cornerbacks jumped those routes as if they had them read—which they likely did.

The Rams fired head coach Jeff Fisher in mid-December, which led to a series of bloodlettings in the coaching staff at the end of the season. To replace Fisher, the Rams hired former Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay in January. McVay was the main man behind Kirk Cousins' career-best season in 2015, and he has built a reputation as one of the smartest play-designers in the NFL.

When he took the job, McVay inherited Goff and all of his attendant issues. It's now up to him to make things better.

c54409763faa3da12654d8cd42e26350_crop_exact.jpg

Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press
"I think what he's done above the neck in terms of the way that he's handled the different things and situations that we've put him in, been very pleased so far," McVay said of Goff in July, per USA Today's Lindsay Jones. "We know that game-like atmosphere, you try to create that so that you can mimic and emulate those situations in practice. But, until you're actually live as a quarterback, that's when you truly get challenged."

Before sticking Goff in those situations against the Raiders in the Rams' second preseason game, McVay had to put a plan in place to overcome his young quarterback's limitations. Goff completed three of four passes against the Cowboys in the Rams' first preseason game, but this was the first time McVay would have him in for an extensive number of snaps.

McVay's plan worked like a charm, even against a Raiders defense that seemed disinterested in coverage and tackling at times. Goff completed 16 of 20 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown, resembling an NFL quarterback over a number of snaps for the first time. While that's a low bar, the Rams needed to start somewhere, and McVay's game plan for Goff was outstanding.

In recent articles on rookie quarterbacks DeShone Kizer of the Brownsand Mitchell Trubisky of the Bears, I detailed how their coaches helped them get into a rhythm by getting them on the run to clear pressure and keeping their first reads open with route design. McVay did the same thing, treating Goff like a rookie quarterback in need of redemption.

Goff's first pass of the game set the tone, with McVay setting up a simple but effective route combination against Oakland's man defense. As receiver Cooper Kupp (no. 18) takes cornerback TJ Carrie (No. 38) up the seam to clear short coverage, outside receiver Robert Woods (No. 17) beats cornerback Sean Smith (No. 21) on a quick in-cut, and Goff has an easy completion to an open receiver. The Rams did not run nearly enough of these routes in Goff's rookie season under offensive coordinator Rob Boras. It was a relatively unspectacular 10-yard play, but it set Goff up with a positive first moment and started a roll of consistent completions.

d71164c020e831d06e51af196ff23fbe_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

eb45201650e234fd223f5f5e085173ff_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

5f934992afd72a32f5e285349d00fa12_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media
That was one way for McVay to create openings for Goff; this nine-yard pass to Woods two plays later was a more inventive one. Woods starts out in the right slot and then motions to the left side, forcing Carrie to run with him and exposing the man coverage plan to Goff. Woods then runs back across the formation post-snap, and Carrie gets caught in traffic across the field as he tries to recover and catch up to Woods. This was a nifty way to create separation for Woods and more of a positive rhythm for Goff.

2bcf5567aebe16d3a944648d365d45bf_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

7f399afbaddaf9866c49bccfc60b50b9_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

655e41f7262491de3cfbad18df27c00c_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

069306c1f57998ead5c84bccf23c96d8_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media
Goff's 23-yard touchdown pass to Kupp at the end of the Rams' first drive began at the line of scrimmage with the offensive line.

While Kupp ran a nice over route from left to right, the use of run action among the team's blockers set Oakland's defense up for failure. Watch the Raiders defense as they react to the threat of the run, and it's easy to see how Kupp was so wide open. Goff's play-fake to Todd Gurley (No. 30) and the line firing out as if the play is a run has the Silver and Black biting on the fake all the way. The boot-action aspect of the fake gives Goff a clear view, and Kupp is running through defenders who are unsure whether to zig or zag.

edba3db7354dd4ab5c59483c27f86406_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

9f4f720cf2a817463325e5318f86ced0_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

30e0d8f4647a0fa87b358308ab7e318f_crop_exact.jpg

NFL Media

The offensive line also helped Gurley, who looked lost in his second season. The hypertalented running back was unsupported in 2016, and the line's inability to help him get yards after contact in power situations contributed to his decrease in yards per carry from 4.8 in 2015 to 3.2 last year. But with a rebuilt line, Gurley looked like his old self against the Raiders, gaining 38 yards on eight carries and scoring a touchdown.

Gurley doesn't need McVay's help; he just needs people who can block. Goff desperately does, and the first significant example of his performance in McVay's scheme provides some hope to Rams fans who had no reason to envision good things from their team's offense last year.

"I thought Jared did a great job making good decisions, got a lot of people involved," McVay said after the 24-21 win, per Myles Simmons of the team's official site. "And I thought just from having eight snaps in Week 1 and then coming in tonight and having 37—we always talk about that daily improvement and he definitely got better this week."

Most importantly, Goff felt comfortable with the results—probably for the first time in his NFL career.

"It's huge for any offense, especially for us when we're able to stay in front of the sticks, stay in 3rd-and-manageable," Goff said, per Simmons. "It's a game-changer. You don't like to be in 3rd-and-12. You don't want to be in even 2nd-and-12, you want to stay ahead of the sticks. And I think we did a good job of that tonight. And ultimately, that'll help us move the ball and score points."

Is it right to be skeptical of Goff's progress? Absolutely. He's going to be tied to a set of play designs that spoon-feed him McVay's offense in the short term, and the complexity and talent of starting defenses generally demolish such designs over time in the regular season.

Still, McVay is the only thing standing between Goff and another horrible bust of a season. If Goff were to undergo another season like 2016, that could cause the door to shut on his NFL future once and for all.

In the meantime, McVay provides a ray of hope through the keyhole.

fuck this guy, the turkey. yes, mcvay has to treat goff like a rookie because the coaching staff last season taught him nothing. goff had to unlearn their shit and start learning from real offensive coaches. and what's with his fucked up examples of players running open? isn't that what the oc is supposed to be scheming, the bozo. has he watched any other games in his life where the offensive coaches scheme to get their receivers open, the fuckwit?

in summary,

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well LB's and DE's ?? The numbers are going to be confusing.

Name 8 to 10 players with a few on the bubble .

Littleton is going to make it , but not overly impressed.

Bryce Hager stepped it up !!

OTree , Barron , Barwin , Quinn , Longacre, Fox ? ,

--Ejuan Price ?? Ebukman ???
McKinnzy?
Personally, I don't care for Littleton, Hager I would call him "On-the Bubble" and I have Longacre Backing-up Westbrooks at DE.
I think both Price and Ebukam stand a good chance of making the 53 as LB's!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Personally, I don't care for Littleton, Hager I would call him "On-the Bubble" and I have Longacre Backing-up Westbrooks at DE.
I think both Price and Ebukam stand a good chance of making the 53 as LB's!

Did you watch the Raiders game ? Hager I thought played real well. IMO

Well Morgan Fox is behind Westbrooks &
Longacre . Longacre is behind Quinn on the right side.

Mike Purcell , Louis T Pasat , Tanzel Smart are up front.

What about McKinny ? He gets cut in favor of Ebukman ??

The guy who made an excellent play in coverage was Josh Forest. He is a key special teams guy as well as Hemmingway who is assured to make the team McVay really likes him . He talks about the 3(TE's) then he adds Corey Harkey. If Rogers makes the team then Harkey is out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Did you watch the Raiders game ? Hager I thought played real well. IMO

Well Morgan Fox is behind Westbrooks &
Longacre . Longacre is behind Quinn on the right side.

Mike Purcell , Louis T Pasat , Tanzel Smart are up front.

What about McKinny ? He gets cut in favor of Ebukman ??

The guy who made an excellent play in coverage was Josh Forest. He is a key special teams guy as well as Hemmingway who is assured to make the team McVay really likes him . He talks about the 3(TE's) then he adds Corey Harkey. If Rogers makes the team then Harkey is out.
I only saw the 2nd half of the Raiders game, so I didn't notice Hager.
I haven't check the most recent Depth Chart, But I have Longacre and McKinzy Behind Westbrooks. And Fox and Ebukam behind Quinn.
I also have Smart playing at NT behind Brockers, with Easley out injured! With Trinca-Pasat and Purcell filling in for Donald right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I only saw the 2nd half of the Raiders game, so I didn't notice Hager.
I haven't check the most recent Depth Chart, But I have Longacre and McKinzy Behind Westbrooks. And Fox and Ebukam behind Quinn.
I also have Smart playing at NT behind Brockers, with Easley out injured! With Trinca-Pasat and Purcell filling in for Donald right now.

That's solid right there . Ebukham is way behind though.
Where do you have Ejuan Price. To me the dude just brings it. He gets around the edge real nice. He also has power. I'm calling him a poor mans Khalia Mack. Seems to have similar style of play , & body type. Price is 3 inches short & not quite as fast .