Power Rankings After Week 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ahead-of-the-patriots/?utm_term=.10c2799033da

8. Los Angeles Rams (7-3)| Last Week’s Rank: 4

The loss Sunday at Minnesota was not a promising beginning to the rugged stretch of the schedule that will show how the Rams stack up against the other top NFC contenders. If they don’t fare far better in the coming weeks against the Saints, Eagles and Seahawks, there will be no choice but to conclude that they are a year away from being the real deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...k-12-standings-and-review-after-sundays-games

6. Los Angeles Rams (7-3)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...ngland-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers-top-board

6. Los Angeles Rams
2017 record: 7-3

Triumph: The Rams are coming off a loss to the Vikings, but that's not the end of the world. Los Angeles is 7-3 and should have no problem finishing the year with a winning record. If that happens, it'll be the franchise's first winning season since 2003.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/21/16683174/2017-nfl-power-rankings-curated-week-12

6. Los Angeles Rams

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...gles-cowboys-saints-rams-vikings-patriots-den

7 - Los Angeles Rams - Sean McVay’s offense struggled in Minnesota. Shutting down Todd Gurley limits what the Rams can do.

https://www.si.com/nfl-power-rankings-2017

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Looking back its not as bad a loss as I thought while watching it. The score was 7 7 going into the 4th and should've been at least 17, 14 early 4th and rams with the ball. The play calling may have been different. The confidence level would have definitely been different. And at the very least the rams would have been playing from behind only one score on their final drive.

The players love the new feeling of being a winning team and this loss will help them refocus.

A lot of pressure on this next game and well see just how far they've come. Next Monday will probably be the rams moment for the contender/pretender question.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was disappointed in the loss. Both sides of the ball regressed. But if this game allows them to re-focus and realize things only get tougher from here, maybe its a good thing for the long run.

With every win we still weren't sure how good this team really is. And even with a bad loss, we're still not sure. We'll know more in the next few weeks.

We're coming into the final stretch and this is when pretenders starts to fall and contenders continue their path. I don't know which one we are yet.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect the team to bounce back, and I m not going to play with the labels "contender" and "pretender." We need 4 wins to probably win the Division. To win the NFC West, we will need to win in Seattle and beat the Niners and Cards....We should be able to beat the Titans and that should do it.

This is what we have been waiting for 10+ years, and we won 4 games last year....Regardless of how this season ends, our team will be a force in the NFC West for years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This game against the Aints at the Coliseum will show us two things, IMHO, Were we are at as a Team, and what we can expect for a Home crowd at the Coliseum! If the Fans don't come out for this game and the Philly game, I don't know when they will!!

( Unfortunately I'm in the process of spending 60k re-doing my Roof and Covered Patio, so games are OUT for me, fore the rest of the year!!(n))

fearsomefour

Legend
Looking back its not as bad a loss as I thought while watching it. The score was 7 7 going into the 4th and should've been at least 17, 14 early 4th and rams with the ball. The play calling may have been different. The confidence level would have definitely been different. And at the very least the rams would have been playing from behind only one score on their final drive.

The players love the new feeling of being a winning team and this loss will help them refocus.

A lot of pressure on this next game and well see just how far they've come. Next Monday will probably be the rams moment for the contender/pretender question.
I think the Vikings kicked the Rams asses'.
Outgained but a large margin and the Rams went most of the game with nothingnhappening on O after the first drive.
They missed two FGs and won 24-7.
It wasn't close.
That's ok.
Injuries played a role and playing a very team, particularly an excellent D on the road is tough.
I don't see how the Rams beat New Orleans with injuries on D.
Have to score 40 to win on Sunday.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Triumph: The Rams are coming off a loss to the Vikings, but that's not the end of the world. Los Angeles is 7-3 and should have no problem finishing the year with a winning record. If that happens, it'll be the franchise's first winning season since 2003.
This ^^ This ^^ and This ^^
I'm not satisfied with just that... but I have to keep reminding myself that...
With every win we still weren't sure how good this team really is. And even with a bad loss, we're still not sure. We'll know more in the next few weeks.

By Mike Foolio (still funny!!)
6. Rams :
The loss in Minnesota could be the first of several cold splashes of water in the face of a team still clinging to the NFC West lead.
Does he ever stop?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Outgained but a large margin and the Rams went most of the game with nothingnhappening on O after the first drive.
It wasn't close.
That's ok.
Injuries played a role and playing a very team, particularly an excellent D on the road is tough.
Have to score 40 to win on Sunday.[/QU

Going into the 4th quarter tied at 7 does not an ass kicking make. Especially since the score could have easily been 17 to 20 if you give the Vikings their missed fgs and the rams the goaline fumble and drop around the 20 yard line. 2 highly unusual plays and this game is totally different.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
It wasn't close.
That's ok.
Have to score 40 to win on Sunday.

This may be a double post due to bad cell service.

Going into the 4th tied at 7 does not an as kicking make. Even with the 2 missed fgs the score shoulda been no worse than 20 17 if kupp doesn't fumble at the goal line and drop the pass at the 20. 2 highly unusual plays.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Power rankings are crap. It's one person's opinion on how teams are doing. Not like they have the time to watch each game each week. Do that then give me a power ranking and I'll be impressed. Next to the NFL MVP award it's the biggest joke out there. NFL MVP award goes to "Tom Brady for doing exactly what he has been doing for the last 15 years." Putting up a bunch of points while his defense holds the other team to under 18 points per game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-12-steelers-vikings-up-rams-slip

6. Rams

Tough loss in Minnesota, but this is certainly not the time to write these guys off. The drop here is more a result of all the teams behind the Rams last week -- including the Vikings -- getting quality wins. Caught Sean McVay's postgame news conference on SiriusXM Radio on Sunday afternoon. It's so obvious why this head coach has his team's ear. McVay showed energy, confidence and an upbeat attitude, even after being pressed about Cooper Kupp's fumble.

Oddly, Kupp has been the central figure in the losses to the top opponents on the Rams' schedule thus far. The drop versus the Seahawks cost L.A. a win in Week 5 against the division bully. But that would've been a high-degree-of-difficulty grab, and, like his turnover Sunday, shouldn't obscure his fine rookie season. Knowing there is a lot of time left in 2017, I think the Rams are at least a wild-card team.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/

7. Rams

Overrated? Sunday's loss might have been needed reality check for a team that only has one win over an opponent with a winning record.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-one-team-stands-mess-afc-wild-card-race-053154343.html

6. Rams

It wasn’t ideal to lose to a team that the Rams will be battling with for seeding in the NFC, but the Vikings are good too. What’s most troubling might be the shoulder injury for Robert Woods. He’s been a big part of this season’s offensive resurgence.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ts-and-steelers-are-who-we-thought-they-were/

6. Rams

Rams They fell flat in the second half against Minnesota and now face a brutal stretch of games. They need to get the offense back on track quickly.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2017-pffelo-nfl-power-rankings-week-12

2017 PFFELO NFL Power Rankings - Week 12
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM

Below is the 12th installment of our weekly PFFELO rankings. Like all ELO systems, PFFELO is an iterative system that updates each team’s rating after each game based on two things: how well they played against their opponent and how well they were expected to play against their opponent.

The PFFELO rating system measures the former using our unique offensive, defensive and special teams grades, while the latter is determined by the PFFELO ratings leading up to the game and where the game is played.

For example, a heavy favorite playing at home is expected to outplay the visitor, so a victory would result in only a small rise in their PFFELO rating and a similarly-small decrease in the defeated team’s, but if an upset were to happen, the visiting team would see their PFFELO rating rise substantially, and the home team’s see a similarly-sized drop.

Sometimes in football the best team does not win, and PFFELO accounts for these oddities by using our grades. Hence there will be teams rated higher or lower in this system than their win-loss record would suggest.

LA-Rams-Header-2017.png

LAST WEEK: 7
As impressive as last week’s game as US Bank Stadium was for the home team, the Rams were humbled a bit by failing what was their first big test in more than a month. Quarterback Jared Goff struggled on his 16 dropbacks with pressure, completing just 5-of-13 passes for 3.1 yards per pass and a 47.0 rating (rating that is hard to accomplish without throwing an interception).

Against the blitz he fared a bit worse (a 46.5 rating), showing that the code to their upstart offense can indeed be cracked. Things stay difficult this week against the Saints and their potent offense.

If Alec Ogletree (37.0) plays more like his PFF grade than his reputation, and former safety Mark Barron’s size (214 lbs) continues to make him more of a coverage backer (83.8 grade) than a sufficient run stuffer (46.7), then the Rams are likely going to be playing from behind, further testing Goff and the offense.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.thescore.com/news/1415010
BROWNE MCCLYMONT SANDERSON SRINIVASAN
6th 6th 6th 6th
Previous Rank: 3rd

Playing in tough games against strong teams with the expectation of winning is still new to these Rams. Let's give them another go before writing off their Super Bowl chances. - Sanderson