Power Ranking: Rams #19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams

A weekly examination of the Rams' ESPN.com Power Ranking:

Preseason: 15 | Last Week: 20 | ESPN.com Power Ranking since 2002

It took another double-digit home win, but the Rams finally got a slight bump in the rankings this week, moving up a spot after holding steady at No. 20 for the past three weeks. A 23-13 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was enough to earn the Rams a move as they edge closer to their preseason ranking of 15th.

The six-member voting panel came pretty close to a consensus with four voters placing the Rams at either No. 18 or 19. Dan Graziano had the Rams the lowest at No. 20, while Jamison Hensley thinks the most of the current edition of the team, jumping them all the way up to No. 16.

At 7-8, the Rams have matched their win total from a season ago and have a chance to finish 8-8 for their first .500 or better record since 2006. In looking at the teams around them, the Rams are ranked second among the four 7-8 teams with only Pittsburgh ahead of them. Green Bay also sits in front of the Rams with a 7-7-1 record. Looking at the big picture, it's hard to argue the Rams should be any higher or lower than this spot.

However, in looking at their résumé from a BCS-type of approach, the Rams have more impressive wins than the Steelers and Packers. Thoroughly convincing wins against New Orleans, Indianapolis and Chicago and another win against Arizona (though way back in Week 1) is a better quartet of victories than that of most teams in the league, let alone the ones directly in front of the Rams.

Alan

Legend
I sure was hoping we'd on the other side of 16 this year. "Upper half" would have sounded so good.

RamzFanz

Damnit
BR, for what it's worth, has them at 18.

Hey, that's $25 for me to add to my $9,660 I bet on the Rams straight up against the SeaSqueaks (4to1? Hell yeah)! Sure is going to be quiet there Sunday by halftime!

Alan

Legend
That just might get us there but somewhere I hear a fat lady singing. Could be my neighbor though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That just might get us there but somewhere I hear a fat lady singing. Could be my neighbor though.
Dunno man,I think doubt has crept into the hawks locker room and we might just get them this go round,I know this,if anyone can appear top crash down the line and fake Wilson into keeping the ball and then smashing him it's Robert Quinn.
If I was the D end I'd just hit the QB every time.

Ram_of_Old

RAM ON!

But let's hope for an upset of the Hags and an 8-8 record to end the year! This is a very young team with a bright future!

jap

Legend
One more game left! Surely, Howie Long's big kid has another 3-sack effort left in him for the season. Quinn needs to set his sights on 5 sackers and at least two more forced fumbles. It's high time Golden Taint was formerly introduced to TJ Mac's shoulders. Talking about intros, I really don't think Sherman has had Tavon breeze by him on is way to pay dirt yet---obviously, that needs to be rectified. Zac needs 42 yards to reach 1000? Why not make it 142 yards and get 1100? If Tavon doesn't embarrass Sherman in this one, hopefully Sted or Brian Quick will. Givens has already done the deed, but encores are always welcome.

Here's to the Horns as they serenade the 'Hawks in Seattle with a stirring rendition of their new song, "This Damn Division Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us!" :heh:

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy feeling froggy:
Dunno man,I think doubt has crept into the hawks locker room and we might just get them this go round,I know this,if anyone can appear top crash down the line and fake Wilson into keeping the ball and then smashing him it's Robert Quinn.
If I was the D end I'd just hit the QB every time.
:yousure:

Well I'm ready but are the Rams?:juiced: