POSTGAME QUOTES: Rams vs. Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

POSTGAME QUOTES: Rams vs. Vikings

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

(Opening statements)
“Obviously, we made too many costly mistakes today to have a chance to win this football game. From poor punting, a missed field goal an interception return for a touchdown, to missed opportunities for interceptions and tackling and all those kinds of things. They battled. I was proud of the way the battled back and got points. (QB) Sam (Bradford) was under quite a bit of pressure. What we allowed them to do was we allowed them to play to their strengths, which is we allowed them to get up and then allowed them to run the football and rush the passer. That’s the way they’re built. They do that pretty well. Disapointed. Injuries in the game, we did have a significant injury, it looks like we lost (G) Harvey (Dahl) for the remaineder of the season. We’re suspecting he has a torn bicep, probably will require surgery. So, we’ll take a look at one of the younger guys up front at the guard spot. Other than that, I think we came out pretty clean.”

(On how he would balance Vikings RB Adrian Peterson’s two big runs to the Vikings two turnovers)
“You know, we were in the wrong defense, obviously. We were expecting pass and you can’t do that and so I think as coaches we have to take that. We had a defensive tackle dropping in coverage, so in a lead draw when the guy hits the secondary unblocked, and so we told the players that we’ll eliminate those things, you guys play. Then obvioulsy he had the one more. He’s a good back. He’s the best there is right now. In the first drive we played about as good as you can play and then we get (Vikings QB Christian) Ponder with our arms around him and he runs for a touchdown. It’s just kind of the way the day went today.”

(On what happened on the center exchange with QB Sam Bradford)
“The ball slipped. The ball never got to Sam. When I asked (C) Scott (Wells), Scott said it slipped before it got there. It was sideways before it got there.”

full transcripts: http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 6175515663

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Anyone notice how well Quinn stayed up with Peterson on that 1st TD run? I was amazed how he stayed with him, even towards the end of that run......the guy can step it!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ramsince62 said:
Anyone notice how well Quinn stayed up with Peterson on that 1st TD run? I was amazed how he stayed with him, even towards the end of that run......the guy can step it!!

I noticed that too. That DE has wheels.