POSTGAME QUOTES: Rams at Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

(opening statement)
I guess first and foremost I have to extend my appreciation to the entire Titans organization honoring me like they did. It was moving. I heard about it this week but didn’t know it was going to be to that extent so I appreciate their approach and their generosity.

Football wise, we played like we haven’t played in 10 days. I felt we played real sloppy. Made a bunch of unnecessary penalties. We kept it basic but that’s not an excuse. We should look at it and see some good things as well but we’ve got some work to do this week. We got through it and there’s no one in the training room right now. I held Michael Brockers out today and I think he will return next week. That’s good news going through a preseason game and not having anyone in the training room.

(on his concern with the first team offense’s struggles)
No, not concerned at all. You would like to see them put 40 up on the board but we will get it sorted out. You see us doing different things on the practice field than we do in the games. I was impressed with their quarterback.

(on the interception for a return touchdown)
I think it just flattened out a little bit. There were some good things to learn from.

(on Demetrius Rhaney starting in front of Barrett Jones)
It was just his opportunity (inaudible). We just changed it up.

QB NICK FOLES

(on his first quarter interception)
It’s just one of those things, I look at it as a learning opportunity. It’s one of those ones where you learn from it, and next time you see that you throw it over their head. That’s what the preseason is great for, situations like that. You can learn from them, move forward and stay positive.

(on whether Kenny Britt was at fault for the interception)
It was a bad decision by me. Kenny (Britt) is doing a great job. It’s one of those ones, one of those situations where I’ve got to be smart.

(on how he stays positive after the loss heading into the next game)
I’ll never panic as a quarterback just because you’ve got to keep working. If you panic, then you’ve given up. I would never give up as long as I play the game. We have great guys in this locker room, and I keep saying that we’ll continue to put more things into the offense. We’re really just trying to work on our stuff right now and they played us really well tonight. They did a great job, they played aggressively and they had more juice than us tonight and it showed.

WR TAVON AUSTIN

(on how he feels about tonight’s performance)
It was the second preseason game, we just still learning right now. Sometimes you’re going to come out and have good days and sometimes you’re going to come out and still look like you need some work. Now that’s where we’re at right now, we’re still just getting ready for the season and we will keep taking it day-by-day and getting better.

(on his chemistry with Nick Foles)
I definitely believe we have chemistry. It’s just about timing. Right now we don’t really have a game plan, we’re just going out there and playing to put it on tape.

(on how he hopes to progress this preseason)
I did a tremendous job this offseason and I am so much better and so much smarter. It’s about repetition and keep on getting opportunities and taking advantage of it.

CB LAMARCUS JOYNER

(on losing E.J. Gaines to injury)
Whatever this organization wants to use me for, that’s what I want to do. We send our best out to E.J. (Gaines); we wish he could be here. That’s not the way you want a guy to go out.

(on the Rams cornerback group coming together and stepping up following the injury to E.J. Gaines)
You see the success that E.J. (Gaines) had last year; he was a tremendous piece of the defense. With him being gone, we just have to tighten up as a group and strengthen the continuity that much more with a key piece like that gone. We send our well wishes to E.J., and wish he could be out there with us.”

DE CHRIS LONG

(on the play of the Rams defense)
There are always going to be kinks in the system early on, and that was certainly the case tonight. We were out of our gaps in some situations and we just need to sharpen up a little bit. But it’s not an effort or technique problem; it’s more of a focus issue. I think if we continue to tighten it down, we’ll be just where we want to be.

(on the play of Titans QB Marcus Mariota)
Obviously, he’s an athletic guy. He made some good throws and he can move the pocket, which causes problems for the defense. There were issues and we kind of gave him some stuff tonight, but I think he’s going to be a good player and there is reason for excitement here with him behind center.

(on what the Rams defense can improve between now and its next preseason game)
There were a couple missed tackles and a couple of guys not in their gaps. This is the most a lot of the starters have played in a while and with the new CBA - the way the preseason is - you don’t get a chance to rep these things as much and this is why these games are valuable. We’ll take what we need to learn from it and, when it counts in a couple of weeks, we’ll be even more tightened down.