POSTGAME NOTES: Rams at Browns (8-23-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
- The Rams beat the Browns 33-14. The Rams lead the all-time preseason series between the two clubs, 15-13-1

- QB Austin Davis saw most action of all the quarterbacks and completed 14-of-22 passes for 198 yards, two touchdowns, had one sack and one interception for a passer rating of 104.0

- WR Brian Quick led the team in receiving yards with 47 on four receptions, including a 6-yard touchdown reception from Davis.

- WR Chris Givens hauled in a 75-yard touchdown pass from Davis.

- Rookie RB Tre Watts had a 12 yard rushing touchdown. Watts led the team in rushing yards with 36 on nine rushes.

- DE Robert Quinn notched his first sack of the preseason on Browns QB Brian Hoyer for an 8-yard loss.

- LB Alec Ogletree intercepted a pass from Hoyer and returned it 27 yards.

- Rookie DT Aaron Donald sacked Hoyer for a five yard loss and caused him to fumble. Rookie CB Marcus Roberson recovered the ball and returned it eight yards.

- Rookie DE Michael Sam recorded two sacks on Browns QB Johnny Manziel for a combine loss of 10 yards.

- K Greg Zuerlein converted four field goals of 30, 30, 20 and 26 yards.

- The Rams outgained the Browns 279-100 in total net yards in the first half of play, 227 of those yards are from receiving.

- Statistically, the Rams outgained the Browns in several areas. The Rams tallied 23 first downs to the Browns’ 13, converted 12-19-63 percent of third downs to their 4-11-36 percent, notched 472 net yards to the Browns’ 178, and won the time of possession battle 39:27 minutes to their 20:33.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WR Chris Givens hauled in a 75-yard touchdown pass from Davis.

That wording on that one is a little misleading. :confused:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wait... how could Brian Quick lead the team with 47 receiving yards if Givens caught a 75 yard TD catch?

Am I missing something?

Sorry, I'm a mathy type...

bskrilla

Starter
Wait... how could Brian Quick lead the team with 47 receiving yards if Givens caught a 75 yard TD catch?

Am I missing something?

Sorry, I'm a mathy type...

Givens and Britt both had more yards. Quick did have the most receptions.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, I'm dyslexic (truly), mildly, but truly, so when I see something like that I tend to ask because sometimes I'm seeing it wrong and sometimes I catch an error.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the play by Givens is what the rams need from tavon austin. the ability to make a 10 yard pass play into a 75 yard touchdown. still surprised by the lack of anything for austin during the game. the rest of the passing game seems to be way ahead of the running game.