Postgame Interview with William Hayes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I like what he has to say... check your ego's at the door... I watched Quinn a few times on the sideline today just laughing and having a great time...while down 3 TD's +

Left a real bad taste in my mouth.....

Bruce2980

Starter
I like what he has to say... check your ego's at the door... I watched Quinn a few times on the sideline today just laughing and having a great time...while down 3 TD's +

Don't let it get to you. How many times has Fisher said during the week that the players had a good practice today and had a lot of fun? So look at his having fun as an extension of practice, you know, practice how you fight(play).;)

…..

Legend
I watched Quinn a few times on the sideline today just laughing and having a great time...while down 3 TD's +

that is soooo NOT good. Breaks my heart. this year breaks my heart

Rams77

Starter
I have no hope for this team anymore. I don't even think a new coach and OC will make a difference. It's the ownership and his lack of caring to what type of product is put on the field. It's freaking embarrassing being a Rams fan in LA right now-the media is killing this team. Quinn giggling on the sideline pisses me off

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Can definitely tell the frustration coming from these guys. There was even a reporter who interviewed Saffold after the game and must have been asked about Gurley's comments. his response was: "If anyone has checked out, anybody on this team would whoop their ass."

Listening to Fisher talk about why we can't seem to carryover what happens during the week's practices, to the game.

Tavon Austin talking about mental mistakes, doing things incorrectly, shooting each other in the foot.

The bottom line is there is a huge disconnect between what happens during the week and carrying it over to game day. This is a collective problem by both players and coaches. Fisher says they practice hard every week yet we continue to see the same mistakes week after week after week. Players talk about taking responsibility, but in the end are they really being held responsible? IMO, if a player continues to make mistakes, which shouldn't need to be corrected more than a couple times, why do they continue to play? Are we that weak a team where we can't replace someone who continues to mess up because the back-up is so inferior? We talk about this team having the talent, so why can't the coaches utilize the talent with any kind of success? Why can't the players work together towards success? I've never seen a disconnect like this even in high school football. You are either good or bad. I'm a firm believer you play like you practice. With that said, I don't believe this team properly prepares itself to compete each week. I think the coaches are more apologetic rather than disciplinarians.

After three more weeks some kind of change will follow. It seems the team is at yet another crossroad, not knowing what the right direction will be. Another year gone, with very little hope in sight. Why do I get so wrapped up with a professional team who seems to rip me apart year after year? I have no control over any of it, but still feel a passion to support them, and I can answer why do I continue.

Debacled

Starter
Boys and girls the talent isn't there. And if it is there, it doesn't know how to translate that to the field. Coaches can't fix that.

Muffed kickoffs...TO differential. Coaching should fix that but like Gurley said the coaches aren't playing the the game on the field.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Boys and girls the talent isn't there. And if it is there, it doesn't know how to translate that to the field. Coaches can't fix that.

Muffed kickoffs...TO differential. Coaching should fix that but like Gurley said the coaches aren't playing the the game on the field.

Please don't blame it on the talent like Fisher. Fisher has had more draft capital and more time to develop that capital than most.

When you are consistently the most penalized team in the league and offense gets progressively worse despite constant personnel additions. It all goes back to the coaching. No one told forced fisher to go with rookie play callers two years in a row for the sake of "continuity."

Debacled

Starter
Please don't blame it on the talent like Fisher. Fisher has had more draft capital and more time to develop that capital than most.

When you are consistently the most penalized team in the league and offense gets progressively worse despite constant personnel additions. It all goes back to the coaching. No one told forced fisher to go with rookie play callers two years in a row for the sake of "continuity."

Being penalized is working out fine for the Raiders and has for the Seahawks in the past. It IS a talent issue.

I've been preaching this since before the season even started, no team is functional without competent QB play. A rookie QB is going to get exposed, bottom line. Goff isn't a guy where you can mask his flaws by simply running him like we've seen with the Wilsons, Kaepernicks, and RG3s of the world (which its easy to see production does not equal talent with some of them). People wanted playoffs here and now, and that was never going to happen with Keenum or Goff for that matter and the sooner people come to realize that the easier this pill will be to swallow.

Go ahead, flip OCs again. See how that works out. Ask Bradford what it feels like to switch offenses every year. Or Alex Smith for that reason. I've mentioned before this team has a young/under-performing offensive line, a bunch of athletic but under-performing talents at the skill positions, and as stated above a rookie QB who isn't going to be able to make the savvy vet moves you'll see from an Aaron Rodgers or a Tom Brady to overcome talent shortcomings elsewhere on the offense.

Could they find a better OC? Probably. Could they have drafted better? Every team could have in hindsight. Will flipping the coaching staff suddenly fix all the issues? Have you watched this team for the past decade, nearly two?

Hell everyone around here acts like they have a solution. Its the coaches! Its the OC! Its Gurley/Keenum/Britt/Ect! Nobody here has the same level of insight that any of the coaches or any of the players for that matter do. The arm-chair QBing/GMing/Coaching is getting a little out of control around here.

/endrant

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Being penalized is working out fine for the Raiders and has for the Seahawks in the past. It IS a talent issue.

I've been preaching this since before the season even started, no team is functional without competent QB play. A rookie QB is going to get exposed, bottom line. Goff isn't a guy where you can mask his flaws by simply running him like we've seen with the Wilsons, Kaepernicks, and RG3s of the world (which its easy to see production does not equal talent with some of them). People wanted playoffs here and now, and that was never going to happen with Keenum or Goff for that matter and the sooner people come to realize that the easier this pill will be to swallow.

Go ahead, flip OCs again. See how that works out. Ask Bradford what it feels like to switch offenses every year. Or Alex Smith for that reason. I've mentioned before this team has a young/under-performing offensive line, a bunch of athletic but under-performing talents at the skill positions, and as stated above a rookie QB who isn't going to be able to make the savvy vet moves you'll see from an Aaron Rodgers or a Tom Brady to overcome talent shortcomings elsewhere on the offense.

Could they find a better OC? Probably. Could they have drafted better? Every team could have in hindsight. Will flipping the coaching staff suddenly fix all the issues? Have you watched this team for the past decade, nearly two?

Hell everyone around here acts like they have a solution. Its the coaches! Its the OC! Its Gurley/Keenum/Britt/Ect! Nobody here has the same level of insight that any of the coaches or any of the players for that matter do. The arm-chair QBing/GMing/Coaching is getting a little out of control around here.

/endrant

but it is the coaches .."lack" of talent ..lack of gameplan... lack of of discipline whatver you want to call it it all stops with the HC

Psycho_X

Legend
but it is the coaches .."lack" of talent ..lack of gameplan... lack of of discipline whatver you want to call it it all stops with the HC

This^^^. This whole thing is 100% on Fisher. He has control over this team from top to bottom. He decides who we draft/sign, who steps on the field, who coaches them, hell he even controls who gets to stand on the sideline during games because that seems worthy of his attention. And sorry but anyone who doesn't think our offensive play calling is the biggest joke in the NFL I don't know what to tell ya.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This^^^. This whole thing is 100% on Fisher. He has control over this team from top to bottom. He decides who we draft/sign, who steps on the field, who coaches them, hell he even controls who gets to stand on the sideline during games because that seems worthy of his attention. And sorry but anyone who doesn't think our offensive play calling is the biggest joke in the NFL I don't know what to tell ya.

i do get the whole continuity not wanting to change Oc's too many times shtick..but we are are last in every category (or almost last) ... we are pretty much at the stage where it CANNOT be worse ...so it makes no sense ...

we want to give Jared continuity and stability........in the worse offense the NFL has its dumbfounding

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
i do get the whole continuity not wanting to change Oc's too many times shtick..but we are are last in every category (or almost last) ... we are pretty much at the stage where it CANNOT be worse ...so it makes no sense ...

we want to give Jared continuity and stability........in the worse offense the NFL has its dumbfounding

Absolutely. Continuity with the worst coaching staff in the league?? Who would want that? Continuity is something you want with a winning staff not a losing staff, come on people, wake up

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
People wanted playoffs here and now, and that was never going to happen with Keenum or Goff for that matter and the sooner people come to realize that the easier this pill will be to swallow.
Nobody here has the same level of insight that any of the coaches or any of the players for that matter do.
"I'm not fucking going 7-9, or 8-8, or 9-7. Okay? Or 10-6 for that matter. This team is too talented." - Jeff Fisher.

Hmm... Jeff told us we should have finished with 11+ wins this year and said we are plenty talented. After all, who has a better level of insight than the head coach?

I may not share the same opinion as you, but what am I to believe if coach Fisher says we're going to be winning only to be sitting at 4-9 after week 14?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I'm not freaking going 7-9, or 8-8, or 9-7. Okay? Or 10-6 for that matter. This team is too talented." - Jeff Fisher.

Hmm... Jeff told us we should have finished with 11+ wins this year and said we are plenty talented. After all, who has a better level of insight than the head coach?

I may not share the same opinion as you, but what am I to believe if coach Fisher says we're going to be winning only to be sitting at 4-9 after week 14?

Imagine the irony if we actually go on 3 game win streak (I mean it's not behind he realms of possibility considering they are all divisional games ) and we end up 7-9

Debacled

Starter
"I'm not freaking going 7-9, or 8-8, or 9-7. Okay? Or 10-6 for that matter. This team is too talented." - Jeff Fisher.

Talk is cheap, that is all.

Can you imagine the outrage here if he would have sat down and said "Well, we have Keenum or a rookie QB expect to be disappointed this year folks!"?