Post loss vent thread -READ THE RULES

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Okay, so the Rams suffered their first loss today, they're now 1-1... So lets all take a breath. We are at .500, it's not that bad.

So get out your frustrations here.

However, for everything negative that you post I want some positive things as well. This thread isn't going to be a bunch of replies of "THEY SUCK!"... Post something worthwhile, specific things you didn't like, and things that you did like. If you post a negative point and fail to post something that you liked, the post will be edited and you may be laughed at for not listening.

Lets get this started with some positives that I saw.

- Tavon Austin's first and second TD's of his career.
- No sacks on Bradford, 4th game in a row
- Bradford had a great 22 yard run to extend a TD drive.
- Bradford looked real good in the pocket, escaped and threw the ball away when he needed, felt pressure.
- 352 yard day with 3 TD's for Bradford
- No huddle looked good and effective.
- We got a little TD streak going in consecutive games.
- Didn't give up and made the game interesting, it would have been easy to pack it in at halftime and just let the game end. Instead we battled back and it was a one possession game.
- Deep ball to Givens still there, nice to see.
- Austin Pettis was more involved, did some good things out there to keep things going on.
- 3 consecutive long TD drives of 74, 75 and 80 yards
- Completely took away their run game for the second week in a row.
- Pead did well catching the ball
- Over 100 yards receiving for Chris Givens

A few things that I really didn't like
- Defense hasn't been good against the pass the past two games.
- Running game didn't do much of anything again
- We let the Falcons make the game into a shootout rather than a defensive struggle, completely to their strength
- Penalties, especially on ST
- Punt return blocking isn't giving Austin a chance to go anywhere
- Dropped balls by receivers

tonyl711

Starter
don't like the cushion we give every WR, didn't like how ST had us starting on the 10 or 11 yard line every time from penalties, don't like how cwe only go into hurry up when were down by too much (Bradford thrives in it, use it). didn't like all the drops, or all the dink and dunk passes. don't like Walton as DC.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
I agree with everything you said here. I am really worried about the pass defense. I don't understand what the coaches dont get about playing 8 - 10 yards off of the receivers. I saw many times when our CBs played this way and their first step when the ball is hiked is one foot back. Well any good NFL QB see's that and just throws a short pass for 6 - 8 yards.

But I did like the fight in the offense. That unit is coming together. I want Shotty however to run the no-huddle more.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Great second half.

The defense turned it up a notch in the second half but looked completely lost in the first half

The WR need to hold onto the ball

We need to stop with the penalties

The Falcons are an elite team. We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot if we expect to win against teams like this.

If the team doesn't come out flat in the first half (sounds familiar against Az) we would have won

Lesson

Oh, really?
shake-n-bake said:
I want Shotty however to run the no-huddle more.

I agree with this 100%. Sam's thrived in it before, even with everyone else being hurt around him(see:2011).

V3

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Okay, so the Rams suffered their first loss today, they're now 1-1... So lets all take a breath. We are at .500, it's not that bad.

However, for everything negative that you post I want some positive things as well. This thread isn't going to be a bunch of replies of "THEY SUCK!"... Post something worthwhile, specific things you didn't like, and things that you did like. If you post a negative point and fail to post something that you liked, the post will be edited and you may be laughed at for not listening.

- Bradford looked real good in the pocket, escaped and threw the ball away when he needed, felt pressure.
- Didn't give up and made the game interesting, it would have been easy to pack it in at halftime and just let the game end. Instead we battled back and it was a one possession game.
- Austin Pettis was more involved, did some good things out there to keep things going on.

- We let the Falcons make the game into a shootout rather than a defensive struggle, completely to their strength

I agree with most of what you said so I'll just expound on certain points.

Why don't the Rams use the no huddle offense more often?

Pead looks like he'd be a better WR than RB.

Fisher needs to start punishing players in their wallets for STUPID penalties. That C Long penalty killed us. 7 points right there.

I HATE Walton or whoever is calling the D. WTF do they continue to play so soft?

Cunningham needs to just take a touchback EVERY TIME. He can't do it so stop trying. He ended Daniels' season by stupidly bringing it out and then landing on his leg.

Saffold is made of glass but we already knew that. Barksdale needs to pick his game up because he should know by now that he's going to be starting a large chunk of the games.

A55VA6

Legend
The soft coverage. is what is losing us games. Tighten it up, play press... bet you anything this team wins today. Romo will carve us up next week too if we continue this bull crap coverage. I really don't like it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Fisher needs to start punishing players in their wallets for STUPID penalties. That C Long penalty killed us. 7 points right there.

I HATE Walton or whoever is calling the D. WTF do they continue to play so soft?

Cunningham needs to just take a touchback EVERY TIME. He can't do it so stop trying. He ended Daniels' season by stupidly bringing it out and then landing on his leg.

Saffold is made of glass but we already knew that. Barksdale needs to pick his game up because he should know by now that he's going to be starting a large chunk of the games.
Where's your positives

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well I hated, hated the defensive play. I think that's a given.

Chat room...I said it's mostly veterans and returning guys so IDK how anyone can play the "young team" card over and over.

It did remind me of 2009, as the defense let ATL go up and down the field at ease. So much for a not 100% Julio Jones lol.

Also...the shitty field position. Be it b/c of a bad decision by the returner or penalties I'm gettin real sick of seeing drives start inside the fuckin 20.

But the positive was they fought back and made a game of it. That reflects the coaching and maturity of the players since both sides got better until the final TD by Snelling. They need to play a complete game to get a legit win.

31-24 against a playoff team on the road. Sucks that it's a loss but not the end of the world. Or season in this case.

Beat Dallas next week.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No offense in first half, soft coverage by secondary all game long, and way, I mean way, too many penalties.

bskrilla

Starter
bluecoconuts said:

My thoughts almost identically echo yours. Would have liked to see Pead a little more before the 4th quarter. The special teams penalties HAVE to stop. The starting field position was unacceptable.

Also losing by 1 TD IN Atlanta is nothing to hang your head about.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Negative we spotted 21 points by playing bad offense and anemic defense.

Positive young team shows some moxy in the 2nd half.

Negative.
Defense cost us a chance to take it to overtime. And was only really decent in the 3rd quarter.

Positive.
Pead and Pettis stepped up.
Tavon showed us he can catch td's

V3

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Where's your positives

I said I agreed with blue. His positives are pretty much mine as well.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
MontanaRamsFan said:
No offense in first half, soft coverage by secondary all game long, and way, I mean way, too many penalties.
No positives did ya read the first post
:mrgreen:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
V3 said:
Rabid Ram said:
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Where's your positives

Thats cheating lmao

bskrilla

Starter
And while he may have missed a couple throws throughout the game I am absolutely loving Bradford this year. The kid has the fire, and is playing some great football. That 24 yard run he had, as well as the one right after where he got blown up were nice to see. He was going to put the team on his shoulders and lead them down the field.

Now if we can get more of that earlier in the game.

V3

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
V3 said:
Rabid Ram said:
V3 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Where's your positives

Thats cheating lmao

That's not cheating. That's saving people some reading time. People can only spend so much time reading their phones on the toilet. I try and cut to the chase so people's legs don't go numb.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Rabid Ram said:
MontanaRamsFan said:

Well, then since I thought this was a vent thread, I wasn't thinking about the positives. So here goes... On a positive note, SJax was a non-factor, other than the first score. I think we had less injuries than ATL. We did not rollover after the first half debacle. We get to play again next week, albeit at dallas. And, after tonight one of the NFL's darling teams will also be 1-1. How's that? :tooth:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
MontanaRamsFan said:
Rabid Ram said:
MontanaRamsFan said:

Well, then since I thought this was a vent thread, I wasn't thinking about the positives. So here goes... On a positive note, SJax was a non-factor, other than the first score. I think we had less injuries than ATL. We did not rollover after the first half debacle. We get to play again next week, albeit at dallas. And, after tonight one of the NFL's darling teams will also be 1-1. How's that? :tooth:
Lol there ya go i knew ya had it in ya lmao :D