Post-game rants.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know what to do.

Me? I'm over it already.
Riding on to next week to start the W streak, baby!

82692204.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
JMO SJ should not have played but IMO he's hearing the cheers for DR, knows he's slipping and doesn't want to come out cuz he's afraid of losing the #1 job.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I really hope we don't bring back Ojinnaka, Hunter, or Richardson next year. I've seen enough to last me fifty lifetimes.

For next year's draft, I want a number one wide receiver (even though this class is supposed to be extremely underwhelming after Robert Woods...who is hurt, by the way), a left guard so that we'll never have to see Ojinnaka again (no DeCastro this year, though, so scratch that), a left tackle so that we can move Saffold to right tackle and actually have a talented offensive line (no Kalil this year, unfortunately, so scratch that too), a backup tackle, a linebacker who can rush the quarterback and actually cover a tight end/running back so that Laurinaitis isn't stuck with it all the time (Manti Te'o?), and one - or two, if we don't resign Stewart - safeties (Tony Jefferson and Eric Reid?).

I'm also hoping that this was the worst game of Kendricks' life. Otherwise, it looks like another bad pick.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Keys to the game came early ...

Hagans PF on the punter cost us 3 points.
Jenkins dropping a sure INT cost us 7 points. Also on the same drive, there was that ticky-tack PF on Stewart where he dinked Cutler's helmet during a shove. Nice acting job by Cutler.

That changes the game immensely, from 10-3 at the half to something else. Leaves the game a tight defensive struggle without the Rams needing to alter their game plan.

quebecramfan

Rookie
I'm with you on this one X... Ride on :cheese:

Attachments

• tumblr_lcy2qdrpoO1qap4cco1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lcy2qdrpoO1qap4cco1_500.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 167

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
quebecramfan said:
I'm with you on this one X... Ride on :cheese:
In my next life I wanna be a bicycle seat. DAMN!!
But yeah. Let's move on & get ready for next week.

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. Let's put this one <ahem> behind us.

505f9365c6ba5d117f00000.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
Keys to the game came early ...

Hagans PF on the punter cost us 3 points.
Jenkins dropping a sure INT cost us 7 points. Also on the same drive, there was that ticky-tack PF on Stewart where he dinked Cutler's helmet during a shove. Nice acting job by Cutler.

That changes the game immensely, from 10-3 at the half to something else. Leaves the game a tight defensive struggle without the Rams needing to alter their game plan.
Game of inches, buddy.

Game. Of. Inches.

We'll get'm next week!

SAMTHERAM

The "D" looked good; Bradford looked... well, not very good. The play calling was terrible- Depressed again until I saw the the lady on the Bike ! Thanks.

P.S. Why does Sam sit on the sidelines by himself aolmost every game Shouldn't he be looking at game pictures, talking to his fellow offensive layers- anything.

This bothers me about him, anyone else feel the same.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I couldn't see the game on TV, what was wrong with Kendricks? Dropped passes or what? He made a few grabs by the stat line it seemed he got involved more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I couldn't see the game on TV, what was wrong with Kendricks? Dropped passes or what? He made a few grabs by the stat line it seemed he got involved more.
Just didn't seem to be a factor. Had a couple drops and didn't seem to be fighting out there. A guy with his speed and build should be a difference maker. Still early in his career, so I haven't given up on him. Just seems like he needs to have a fire lit under his ass or something. Hard to put your finger on it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No rants here, just mostly concerns, especially the O-Line. We need to get healthy upfront sooner than later. Sam got knocked around pretty good yesterday. I thought that at least 2 of the sacks were due to Sam holding onto the ball too long. The rest were jail breaks that the O-Line couldn't stop. Hopefully we get the line play fixed this week and Rok is back in the mix.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So I was following the game, it seemed it was just another football game that the Rams loss.

I don't think they just got run over, they competed early.

I'm not mad about it. If Gibson catches it's a whole 'nother ball game. 6 sacks though, see I was passing through STL today and listened to the Bernie show, and Softli was on...a lot of them were coverage sacks. 4 of the 6. So IDK if it's the WRs or the routes or the OL itself, but something needs to be fixed.

Funniest part of today was listening to Bernie's show, my mom is like "turn it off this guy is giving me a headache!"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sam has the prototype skills and tools for an NFL QB, strong arm, good release, he's big, he's tall, he's a hard worker but he is missing that "it" that is hard to describe that would make him a "playmaker". Yes, if he has time, if his WRs catch the ball, if his WRs create separation, he will put up numbers and the Rams will win more than not. But when things are going not so right, Sam doesn't seem to be the kind of QB that can make it happen. He is going to be a great game manager, one who is not going to lose the game for you but it doesn't look like he is going to make a living putting the game on his back and winning it for you either. Can Fisher build a winner around Sam? Hell yes, and I think if he can keep Sam healthy, he will end up doing just that but this is the NFL and Sam is on the clock. I don't think Sam can survive another season like last season without getting much more shell shocked and tainted for the future. With all that said, a little less pocket collapse so Sam can scramble around a bit, and he has to be confident to do that more, I think he will have much more success and maybe prove me wrong about that little "it" thing. We obviously need the OL to get healthy in a hurry and next year's draft must reap some O rewards.

As far as D goes, Brockers please get well quick. I think with him back in the middle, this D takes the next step to become one of the best in the league. They are opportunistic and gather at the ball much better than in recent years. Rookies will get burned a little this season but overall, I like the direction for sure. Another stud LB is really needed for this D to become "elite".

I think everybody has to be happy with our special teams play so far except for the bone head PF block on the punter in Chicago. I would like to see a returner emerge other than Amendola.

Refs: These refs are really getting the heat now. Actually, I don't think they are doing so badly considering they have never had to do this job at this level. We NFL fans are used to the professionals that have called these games for years. We took them for granted. We underestimated their skills. Now we are left with nothing to do but watch on in shock at how calls can be missed so badly. One thing is pretty certain. All teams are having to deal with it and I'm not sure a decided advantage is being gained by any. I do think you can coach your team to play a little different to adapt. It definitely changes the way the game is played though. And I think these coaches can get into the heads of these refs.