Post-FA Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is a fifth round happening guys? I keep checking in but it's just vacation and fb talk now lol

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The pats don't have a pick in round 5 so I could pick up a team if needed. ROD has a Facebook page!!??? Not sure why that surprise me but it does.
Yeah we got one.I'm a editor. Since I now have much more time and freedom the page is going to get much more active,

Alan

Legend
Thanks @Rams Until I Die . 8 down 8 to go.

Hey @JackDRams ! Yes we're trying to get a 5th round going. You'll probably have to take two teams if you're in. You'd make it 9 down and 7 more mockers to get.

I'll try, depending on who's playing try and pair up everyone with a team that is picking before or after you. Should make it go twice as fast.

You in?

Last edited:

Stel

Starter
@Alan

I can take another team if you need me to. Unfortunately, I'm away this weekend (Friday noon to Sunday night) and my internet access will be spotty during that time. I can send someone a draft board list, however.

Alan

Legend
I'm not sure it's going to matter because have only 8 1/2 guys committed to playing. If it does happen, then sending someone picks would probably work great. (y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That was a lot of fun and did a lot to make the time until the real draft go by much faster than it normally would have. (y)

Immediate observations:

Everyone seems to have come to the conclusion that the QB position is really crappy in this draft. I expected the top 6 QBs to be gone by the end of the 3rd round. I'm also surprised that Sean Mannion wasn't picked at all.

A really weak TE class.

I haven't seen a safety class this bad since I don't know when.

The lack of quality centers in the draft has continued a trend that I've been noticing for a few years now. Most centers in college seem to be centers only because their teams had a glut of guards. I don't know this for a fact but it seems like they just move the smallest and most athletic guard they have over to play center.

Last but not least, you guys seem to have put in a lot of work and effort into doing the best job you could to improve your teams. I don't think any real GM would feel bad about how the first 4 rounds turned out for them. Great job.
I couldn't agree with you more Alan!!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Tennessee Titans draft analysis.

The pre-draft trade with Washington was a clear indicator that Tennessee had no intention in drafting a QB early in 2015. With RGIII and Zach Mettenburger under centre, adding a potent offensive playmaker in the first seemed like a no-brainer. Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter and Harry Douglas are solid but adding the 6’3”, 215lb Kevin White (West Virginia) would give them a true #1, White has the speed and strength you’re looking for in a WR, but its his ability to play through contact is what made me pick him ahead of the more polished Cooper.

The Titans need help with their pass-rush and add a high-upside player at the second most important position in the second round by adding one of the best edge-rushers in this years draft, DE/OLB Eli Harold (Virginia). The explosive, leggy Harold has surprising strength at the point of attack and has the length to become an outstanding pass-rusher for the Titans. Pairing Harold with Jurrell Casey on the ends would give the team a formidable duo to contain Luck and Bortles twice a season for years to come.

Round 3 saw the Titans add a versatile offensive weapon, running back Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska). He may not be the largest back in the draft, but he can break tackles and is better in short yardage than his size suggests, his durability is testament to his character and commitment to the sport. Abdullah joins a Titans backfield that could use his creativity as a rusher and receiver. The best pass-catching back in the draft, he’s not dropped a pass in 2 years, will be another valuable weapon in Tennessee’s passing attack. Abdullah can also add instant impact on special teams as a punt or kick returner.

If it wasn’t for a torn ACL, cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon) we would have heard his name called in the first round, he may not be ready for the start of the 2015 season, but the time will give him the chance to digest the play-book and get those mental reps in. The best press-cover cornerback in the draft’s ability to switch between man and zone coverage and the fact that he can adjust his play depending on how plays unfold is one of his natural strengths. As one NFL scout said "He's tough and has ball skills. He's just being asked to go play right now but he'll get the right technique work in our league and watch how good he becomes then. He's going to be great."

The Titans roster is filling out with some good starters, depth is still an issue and there's another spot or two that could do with upgrading, but in picking up a talented QB in the first and a #1 receiver this leaves the Titans with a good draft haul in 2015.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@Alan, I'm also missing the actual draft now, my wife has to reapply for a job she's been doing for 15 years because of government cuts, she finds out on draft weekend if she has a job or not, so I've booked us and the 2 youngest away for the weekend - good news or bad it'll be good to get away!

The draft will have to wait!

Alan

Legend
Funny you should say that @shaunpinney because my wife might be losing her job shortly too. She thought her hospital (she's an RN) was going to close down last year but the new healthcare laws have enabled it still stay in business a little longer and thus for her to keep her job a little longer. We won't know for sure until July but it will be nice for her to leave her cares at home for little while. Although, I'm sure she'll still be obsessing about in Jamaica. Silently though. :LOL:

My daughter has informed me that she's going to let me use her cell phone to watch the draft. For some future considerations of course. :cautious: :LOL:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Funny you should say that @shaunpinney because my wife might be losing her job shortly too. She thought her hospital (she's an RN) was going to close down last year but the new healthcare laws have enabled it still stay in business a little longer and thus for her to keep her job a little longer. We won't know for sure until July but it will be nice for her to leave her cares at home for little while. Although, I'm sure she'll still be obsessing about in Jamaica. Silently though. :LOL:

My daughter has informed me that she's going to let me use her cell phone to watch the draft. For some future considerations of course. :cautious: :LOL:

It sucks, because the government are doing this huge promo drive on getting people to become teachers, and they've cut the budget so much that all schools need to cut staff, it used to be one of those 'safe' jobs along with nurse etc, but I guess nothing's safe anymore. I'm sure you'll all enjoy Jamaica, we're going to a small coastal fishing village, not as glam as Jamaica ;)

Have also checked, the place we're staying in, has got wifi, so I may be ok with some draft action ;)

Alan

Legend
shaunpinney downplaying the attraction of small coastal villages:
I'm sure you'll all enjoy Jamaica, we're going to a small coastal fishing village, not as glam as Jamaica ;)

Have also checked, the place we're staying in, has got wifi, so I may be ok with some draft action ;)
That small coastal village sounds wonderful to me. At least you won't have to go to all those "organized activities that are obviously so much more fun than watching some stupid football draft" to quote my wife. :rolleyes: :LOL:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That small coastal village sounds wonderful to me. At least you won't have to go to all those "organized activities that are obviously so much more fun than watching some stupid football draft" to quote my wife. :rolleyes: :LOL:

lol - my wife's comments are - "you do realise its just a sport..." I've organised this trip, it involves zero organised activities ;)

Alan

Legend
Ramhusker throwing it in our faces:
I leave on a cruise May 3rd. Notice the timing? :sneaky:
See, that's what happens when you're on the planning committee. I'm only allowed on the "When Things Go Horribly Wrong Committee." Immediately followed by the "Your Planning Was flawless But My Execution Sucked" apology tour. :LOL: