Post-FA Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
That explanation was for everyone's benefit @shaunpinney . If you're not used to it, military time can be difficult to get a handle on so I thought a little explanation would come in handy for everyone.

Thanks for your help and participation in the mock sir. Love your always positive attitude about everyone's picks.(y) Especially especially considering how @Ramrocket is really screwing the Rams with all those off the wall picks he's been making. :eek:

What I need to do is to re-calculate the time of the posting back to Eastern time, I've been taking the time I see under the pick (my time) working a 12 hour window from there, which is of course not right! lol

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
That explanation was for everyone's benefit @shaunpinney . If you're not used to it, military time can be difficult to get a handle on so I thought a little explanation would come in handy for everyone.

Thanks for your help and participation in the mock sir. Love your always positive attitude about everyone's picks.(y) Especially considering how @Ramrocket is really screwing the Rams with all those off the wall picks he's been making. :eek:

I would have picked a kicker but didn't think you guys thought I was taking this seriously.

Alan

Legend
Ramrocket think one lousy kicker would satisfy the mob:
I would have picked a kicker but didn't think you guys thought I was taking this seriously.
What about that long snapper we need for depth? :rolleyes: How about a new equipment manager? You need to start over again from scratch IMO. :palm:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am going to be gone most of the day so I can send my preferences in order to Alan and he can make the pick for me depending on who Yama picks.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
What about that long snapper we need for depth? :rolleyes: How about a new equipment manager? You need to start over again from scratch IMO. :palm:
You remember our boy Macky MacPherson from last year Alan? That that kid could long snap a ball ;)
I wonder what happened to ol' Macky...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams 4 round return in the ROD Post FA mock is as follows:

Rd1 La'el Collins OT/OG
Rd2 Laken Tomlinson OG
Rd3 Duke Johnson RB
Rd4 Za'Darius Smith DE

A pretty good return if I do say so myself. I know those that wanted a QB will be disappointed but I just didn't see value at my picks with who was available.
Great Job Ramrocket!! (y)(y) Of course I could have done better!!:LOL::D

Especially considering how @Ramrocket is really screwing the Rams with all those off the wall picks he's been making. :eek:
Don't quit your nite job at the Comedy Club!!:LOL::D

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ravens pick is DE Ray Drew Georgia.

I'm going to be on the road the next 5 hours. So if my next pick comes up feel free to plug a name in.

Tho the players I'm targeting are Alex carter CB Stanford.
Dezmin Lewis WR Central Arkansas

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
shaunpinney with thoughts on speeding up the draft:
I've been thinking too on speeding this up by next year, could we do a mock where each round is given a 24 / 48 hour window? a similar way to the way the actual draft works over the three of days

What I mean is in the month prior to the draft we do R1 exactly a month before? or at least that weekend. e.g. taking this years dates it would be

ROD draft R1: 4th - 5th April
ROD draft R2&3: 11th-12th April
ROD draft R4&5: 18th-19th April
ROD draft R6&7: 25th-26th April

This way it gives definite windows of drafting, people usually sign in on the weekends, it seems when there's a flurry of draft picks anyhow, it allows us to have the week to analyse remaining players, and time to do trades etc with other GMs - also there's not a lot of time left until the actual draft, in that week in the run-up to the draft the GMs could throw together a starting line up for their chosen team, i know its all for fun, but all good games need rules ;)

Something to think about? What say you @Alan & other GMs?
Something to think about for sure and I'm glad you're making a the effort.

Off the top of my head I can see some potential problems:

Let's just talk, for now, about the first day:
Trades: The real draft first round, with a 15 minute time allotment per team, could potentially last 8 hours (15 x 32). Using a 10 minute allotment (making it almost impossible to entertain may trade offers here at the ROD) would still potentially take more than 5 hours. I'm pretty sure that we could never get all our mockers to be on the clock for anywhere near that amount of time. So you say, "why would the guy picking at #25 need to be available for the first two hours?" I'd answer that with, "to be available for trades."
Example: The mocker with the #4 pick announces he wants to trade down. Which teams would have the opportunity to offer him something to trade up? Probably only the mockers that would be fairly close to him in the picking order. That's not only unfair to the teams who pick later, it's also unfair to the team that want's to trade down as he would, presumably, get much fewer offers. So you might say, "if the mocker at #25 qants to trade up he should monitor the board all day" and I'd reply, "even I, who has his computer on with draft tabbed up, can't look at the draft every 5 minutes or so". You'd need to look that often because with only a 15 minute window to pick potential offers would need to come in and be discussed very quickly.

Early pickers wanting to trade back up in the same round: Even the early pickers might need to stay around for most of the first round depending on who they have targeted and juding the chance he'll still be there in the second round or later in the first round would require very close monitoring of the whole round.

Normal picks: Even with no trades how long does the real draft take? 3-5 hours? Even if it was held on a weekend I doubt you'd be able to herd cats for that long. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the real draft takes place with all 32 GMs in the same building with multiple people answering phones. All in the same and this is key, time zone.

Most of those issues could be solved by eliminating trades but are we still have a realistic mock? Think about those issues and see if you can come up with some way to resolve them.

Alan

Legend
Limey lacking critical details:
@Alan has it already?
Has what already what? :LOL:

jsimcox searching for the mythical G spot:
Good spot @Limey
Show yourself @Alan! ;)

I decided to lump all the posts where I don't have a clue as to the subject under discussion into one pile. :LOL: I assume you're talking about the same thing (whatever that is) that Limey is?

Limey

Rookie
Has what already what? :LOL:

I decided to lump all the posts where I don't have a clue as to the subject under discussion into one pile. :LOL: I assume you're talking about the same thing (whatever that is) that Limey is?
Elmgrovegnome's missing pick. He said he would send his options to you as he will be out for most of the day.

Alan

Legend
jsimcox missing M&M:
You remember our boy Macky MacPherson from last year Alan? That that kid could long snap a ball ;)
I wonder what happened to ol' Macky...
We probably traded him to the Patriots for a 3rd round pick in the 2018 draft. I don't think the Fish likes players with names cooler than his. :unsure:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
We probably traded him to the Patriots for a 3rd round pick in the 2018 draft. I don't think the Fish likes players with names cooler than his. :unsure:
This must be the case. It's the only plausible scenario...

Alan

Legend
Limey pointing out the obvious:
Elmgrovegnome's missing pick. He said he would send his options to you as he will be out for most of the day.
AH! Just got back from market basket and I hadn't gotten to Yamahopper's post yet. I'll do Elmgrovegnomes pick shortly. (y)

Last edited:

Limey

Rookie
AH! Just got back from market basket and I hadn't gotten to Yamahopper's ppost yet. I'll do Elmgrovegnomes pick shortly. (y)
No worries. Your inbox must be mental during this. Kudos for keeping it running when it has turned into a marathon with occasional sprints.