Post-FA Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stel withQuestions:
1. How to I communicate with another GM to make a trade?
2. Are we doing all 7 rounds or just the 4 you have listed above?
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”
- Yoda
Smoke signals.
ksmn1129h%20Smoke%20Signal.jpg

Or you can just advertise in a post that you are willing to trade down and hope for some sucker to contact you via a PM. Not nearly as dramatic though.

You can also just double click on the "Members" button on the top right of every page, type in the name of a poster (without using the @ symbol) on the right hand side of the page in the "Find Member" section, click enter on your keyboard, write him a message and click the "post" buttom. Again, I would recommend using smoke signals instead. You simply can't achieve the same dramatic effect when communicating via PMs. Up to you.

Other than advertising your willingness to trade down (or up), please don't discuss trade details in this thread as you'll let everyone know your secrets instead of just one poster who you can kill later if necessary. Once you've participated in a couple of these mocks you'll learn all the tricks of the trade and become an expert like me. ;) I'll expect you to pass on this font of knowledge to the next generation of mockers much as I am doing with you. Circle of life.

upload_2015-3-24_9-10-40.jpeg

As for doing more than four rounds, depends on how quickly the mock goes and the general feelings of all our mockers when we get close to finishing the first four rounds. I'm willing to go all 7 rounds but I'm not sure, judging by past performances, we'd be assured of finishing more than four rounds. If you're wondering about trades of picks in the lower rounds, go for it if your dance partner is willing.

Alan

Legend
Legatron4 noticing Memento's extended absence:
I don't know where @Memento is. He's probably busy with mid terms or something. He hasn't been on here in days.
That's why I gave him a few extra days to respond. Though, as with all of our mockers, he'll need to commit to coming to this forum often during mock season or @howski3318 will replace him.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
As for doing more than four rounds, depends on how quickly the mock goes and the general feelings of all our mockers when we get close to finishing the first four rounds. I'm willing to go all 7 rounds but I'm not sure, judging by past performances, we'd be assured of finishing more than four rounds. If you're wondering about trades of picks in the lower rounds, go for it if your dance partner is willing.
I'm hoping, as discussed in the Pre-FA draft, that having the thread here in the Rams Talk forum will keep interest high and keep things rolling. I'd be absolutely tickled to go the full seven, but like you said, if it gets to dragging on, 4 would suffice.
BTW, have you considered a campaign to run as new NFL Commissioner yet? It seems to fit you like a well tailored suit. :cool:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was going to bow out and give Stel Minnesota but I see he has a team?

Stel, if you want Minnesota, I'll take your team whoever it is at the moment. I'm flexible.

Alan

Legend
Warner4Prez hoping we've studied history so that we need not repeat it:
I'm hoping, as discussed in the Pre-FA draft, that having the thread here in the Rams Talk forum will keep interest high and keep things rolling.
I'd be absolutely tickled to go the full seven, but like you said, if it gets to dragging on, 4 would suffice.
BTW, have you considered a campaign to run as new NFL Commissioner yet? It seems to fit you like a well tailored suit. :cool:
As do we all but it's hard to overcome the "shit happens" syndrome.

I'm already hated by two ex-wives which, while pretty much equal to tens of millions of normal people/fans, it's still a daunting prospect. Plus, I've got a couple of things that will keep me busy for the next few centuries. :eek: :cautious:
upload_2015-3-24_11-1-56.jpeg

Alan

Legend
Ramhusker looking for greener pastures:

Stel, if you want Minnesota, I'll take your team whoever it is at the moment. I'm flexible.

Anyone wanting to trade teams has until Friday evening to accomplish that but please have those discussions via smoke signals or PMs and just post fait accomplis here and I'll make the changes. His team is Oakland BTW.

So was my first wife and how did that turn out? :(

Stel

Starter

I'm fine with Oakland. After all, they're easy. Just draft the fastest person on the board! LOL

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What's wrong with my haircut? ;)

By the way, as you get time, PM any suggestions you have.
My best advice to everyone is check in multiple times daily. Don't be "that guy" that we have to chase down with PM's, reminders that you've been on the clock for 12 hrs. If you think that you may be MIA then PM your top two or three picks in advance to Alan or another trusted mocker.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hey guys. Something came up in my personal life and I'm not sure if I will have time for this mock in the next month or so. I don't want to have you guys wait on me for hours or have me not pick at all, so if someone wants Carolina, they can have them. If I have to, I can try to make it work, but I don't want to put you guys through that. It may get sorted out quickly, but if it doesn't...well anyway, Carolina is up for grabs.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Hey guys. Something came up in my personal life and I'm not sure if I will have time for this mock in the next month or so. I don't want to have you guys wait on me for hours or have me not pick at all, so if someone wants Carolina, they can have them. If I have to, I can try to make it work, but I don't want to put you guys through that. It may get sorted out quickly, but if it doesn't...well anyway, Carolina is up for grabs.

Hope everything is OK DY.

Alan

Legend
Stel champing at the bit:
By the way, is there a start date/time for this draft yet?
Kick off will be on April Fool's Day (appropriate no?) which is a week from tomorrow at 0600 hours. Of course, just like in the real draft, the #1 pick can start early but the #2 still has to wait until the draft starts officially. that give's us almost 30 days to finish before the real draft starts. Time enough to do al 7 rounds if people are responsible enough to check in often or send me their picks early enough. We'll see.

Alan

Legend
@TheDYVKX thanks for letting us know early bro. I too hope everything turns out well for you.

So now we need another mocker so @howski3318 you can have Carolina or wait to see what happens with Memento and get your choice of them or the Bills if he can't participate. In any case, we're going to need another mocker. I can take one of those teams myself but I'd rather give another poster a chance. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and soon though.

Alan

Legend
You got em @howski3318 .

We still might and probably will need someone to take the Bills. They only have two picks in the first four rounds.