Post Draft Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DeaconYB99

UDFA
There are a few good free agents left out there that could come at a reasonable cost. Three that would be of help to the Rams:

Zach Brown ILB
Ryan Groy - G/C
LaGarrette Blount - RB

Blount is getiing old, but he is still a good goaline/power back

dang

Legend
I believe the Rams will find more cap space by releasing some players (e.g. Troy Hill, Countess, etc.). More than a few FAs that could help are available and more to be cut prior to the regular season. In addition to those listed above some of the following available after 5/7 that might be reasonable to play for a playoff caliber team:
- Danny Shelton - DT/NT
- Corey Liuget - DT/NT
- Sylvester Williams - DT/NT
- Jamie Collins - ILB
- Josh Bynes - ILB
- Andy Levitre - OG
- Mike Remmers - OG

dang

Legend
Even if the Rams trim the roster (see Troy Hill $2m or Blake Countess $2m) to get a little cap relief - I cant see them spending much more than vet minimum for anyone. Maybe go up to $1.5m with incentive bonus for someone like Jamie Collins or Zach Brown. I would feel a whole lot better with a solid vet to help out at ILB allowing Clay Matthews to be predominantly used at OLB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless and until guys like Hill and Countess are released we're done with free agents IMO.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if the Rams trim the roster (see Troy Hill $2m or Blake Countess $2m) to get a little cap relief - I cant see them spending much more than vet minimum for anyone. Maybe go up to $1.5m with incentive bonus for someone like Jamie Collins or Zach Brown. I would feel a whole lot better with a solid vet to help out at ILB allowing Clay Matthews to be predominantly used at OLB.

I'm not sure they'll sign anybody else for more than vet minimum. 5th year vet minimum or above, one year contract, with a bonus of no more than $90k, counts only $150k more than the absolute minimum cap hit of anybody. And that's a rookie with no signing bonus whatsoever. I suspect they'll bring an ILB in, an OL, and have them compete. If they trade Troy Hill as he allegedly has requested, maybe they sign a vet for $2 million - not necessarily at CB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There are a few good free agents left out there that could come at a reasonable cost. Three that would be of help to the Rams:

Zach Brown ILB
Ryan Groy - G/C
LaGarrette Blount - RB

Blount is getiing old, but he is still a good goaline/power back
DL - Muhammad Wilkerson

OL - Ryan Groy
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/930/ryan-groy

Saints signed OL Ryan Groy, formerly of the Bills.
The Saints signed Groy and Marshall Newhouse after working them out at minicamp. Groy started six games last year but graded as one of the worst centers in the league. He had some success late in 2016, but hasn't come close to that since. Groy is just an end-of-roster flyer.

May 22, 2019, 4:44 PM ET

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Only decent vet C still out there is Weisnewski.

Looks like Rams a rolling with what they have.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
They have a few to work with. Allen, is the incumbent but they have Blythe and two UDFAs as fallbacks.

Current Ram SIX OL'ers who have played center or has demonstrated they can.

Austin Blythe 26/4 - has started in the NFL @ center
Aaron Neary 26/2-has started in the NFL @ center
Brian Allen 22/2- has finished games in the NFL @ center
Jeremiah Kolone 24/2- started a full season @ OC for the XFL SD Fleet.
Brandon Hitner 24/R- long term starting OT in college but with off the chart smarts that scream center.
Vitas Hrynkiewicz 23/R-started 38 college gms @ OC.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I can only imagine how badly announcers are going to butcher this name -- can't wait for Bradshaw to get a chance.

I was hoping for a pronunciation of vee-tash ren-KEV-itch
Instead,
the official is VEE-tas Ha-rank-AH-witz
I been using his first name VITAS! Sounds :cool:

Vitas is a name for boys has its root in Latin, and the name Vitas means "life-giving".

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Vitas is a name for boys has its root in Latin, and the name Vitas means "life-giving".

My first Vitas!
222494.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I can only imagine how badly announcers are going to butcher this name -- can't wait for Bradshaw to get a chance.

I was hoping for a pronunciation of vee-tash ren-KEV-itch
Instead,
the official is VEE-tas Ha-rank-AH-witz

I dont recall who or when, but years back there was an announcer that couldnt pronounce a players name.

They instead made it up.
It went something like this.

"That there is Vita...blah, blah, bl...His teammates call him Big V"
Which was a complete lie, but funny as hell.

May have been Harry Carey.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Current Ram SIX OL'ers who have played center or has demonstrated they can.

Austin Blythe 26/4 - has started in the NFL @ center
Aaron Neary 26/2-has started in the NFL @ center
Brian Allen 22/2- has finished games in the NFL @ center
Jeremiah Kolone 24/2- started a full season @ OC for the XFL SD Fleet.
Brandon Hitner 24/R- long term starting OT in college but with off the chart smarts that scream center.
Vitas Hrynkiewicz 23/R-started 38 college gms @ OC.

I didn't count Neary and Colone. I don't think they have a shot. I wouldn't think an UDFA had a good shot either but a few here seem to like them both a lot.