Post Draft 53 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STLINI

UDFA
Obviously there could still be some additions/subtractions, but what's your preidiction for the 53 man roster if it were named tomorrow? I'll assume that they don't want to risk losing Gilbert, so they go with 3 QB's.

QB - 3
Bradford
Hill
Gilbert

RB - 4
Stacy
Mason
Pead
Cunningham

FB/HB - 1
Harkey

TE - 3
Cook
Kendricks
Bayer/Cunningham

WR - 6
Britt
Quick
Austin
Givens
Bailey
Pettis

OL - 9
Long
Robinson
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale
Jones
Washington
Barnes
Van Dyke

DT - 4
Donald
Langford
Brockers
Carrington

DE - 4
Quinn
Long
Hayes
Sims

LB - 6
Laurinaitus
Dunbar
Ogletree
Bates
Armstrong
Sam

CB - 6
Jenkins
Johnson
Gaines
McGee
Joyner
Reid

S - 4
McDonald
Alexander
McLeod
Davis/Bryant/Daniels

ST - 3
Hecker
Zuerline
McQuaide

6 CB's may be a little heavy, but with only having 4 safeties and guys like Joyner and Ried probably not able to play outside much, I think that works. LB is a little thin if you consider Sam one of your 6 LB's. Because I doubt he is ever doing anything except rushing the passer if he's in. He's probably closer to a DE than a LB in a 4-3. Van Dyke may be a stretch to make it, but I can't see them carrying less than 9 OL, and I don't see many better options unless somebody like Dahl came back.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's amazing and I could see it working out that way, wow, outstanding STLINI and great battle between Alex Bayer and Justice Cunningham.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I could see that, but I don't know that they'll carry a FB. It might just be 3 TEs with Harkey being the 3rd and letting him double down as a FB in certain sets. That would give you a little more flexibility with the roster.

STLINI

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could see that, but I don't know that they'll carry a FB. It might just be 3 TEs with Harkey being the 3rd and letting him double down as a FB in certain sets. That would give you a little more flexibility with the roster.

Yeah, that was one thing I went back and forth with. I definately wouldn't expect them to go 4 TE's and a FB. But given that Cook is only a TE in name and adds very little to the blocking, I'd kind of be suprised if Fisher only had 2 blocking TE's on the roster. Could definately go either way.

Edit: Also I just saw that there was a thread "Our Roster" already discussing this same topic. My bad.

Last edited:

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Here's the way I see it breaking down:

QAbzGSS.png

A few notes:
- I see us grabbing a veteran FA (Joseph, Colledge come to mind) at G, and snagging a veteran LB with the ability to play inside once cuts are made.
- Mitchell Van Dyk is serving as a placeholder for the winner of the OL competition between he, Brandon Washington, and Demetrius Rhaney. Since we essentially have 4 OTs in the starting 5 we may carry 4 interior players as depth. What a luxury!
- Michael Sam is serving as a palceholder for the final spot in the front 7 that could be taken by he, Phillip Steward, or Jermelle Cudjo, depending on how the team wants to go with it.

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Nice work @STLINI ! I think if you have any "misses" here they are few. Glad to see you made your way out of the "darkness" and over here to ROD.