Post Combine Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Re-sign

Trumaine Johnson - five years after franchise tag.
Mark Barron (LB) - four years.
Rodney McLeod - three years.
Cory Harkey - two years.
William Hayes - two years.
Case Keenum - RFA.
Benny Cunningham - RFA.
Daren Bates - RFA.
Cody Davis - RFA.

(RFAs are obvious. I've changed my mind on McLeod; he deserves that opportunity to start. Johnson needs to be signed long-term ASAP. I'd move Barron to linebacker and re-sign him. If Carolina can start mostly light linebackers and be a top ranked defense, I don't see why we can't do the same. Harkey is the the most underrated part of our offense. Keenum should be given the backup job.)

Not re-signed

Janoris Jenkins
Tim Barnes
Eugene Sims
Nick Fairley
Greg Zuerlein
Brian Quick
Chase Reynolds
Brian Folkerts
Eric Kush

(Sims and Barnes are the only ones I regret letting go, but they'll make too much on the open market, and in Barnes' case, there's no longer a hometown discount. Fairley is talented, but an expensive third tackle, Zuerlein is horribly inconsistent, Quick is damaged goods, Folkerts and Kush are backups to the backups when we're at full strength, and Reynolds is purely special teams.)

Free Agency

Coby Fleener - five years, 7 million per year.
Olivier Vernon - four years, 10 million per year
Akiem Hicks - two years, 2.5 million per year.

(Hicks is good for a third defensive tackle...but it's Vernon and Fleener who are the real prizes. Vernon would be an immediate impact starter over at left end. Fleener brings a presence much like Greg Olsen did for the Panthers, and he'd be solid.)

Draft

#15 overall - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis.

#43 overall - Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame.

#45 overall - Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma

#76 overall - Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia.

4th round (Rams) - Scooby Wright III, LB, Arizona.

6th round - De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State.

(Canady fills a hole at cornerback depth, Martin fixes our center woes, Wright is insurance if Ogletree has another injury, and I am a fan of Paxton Lynch.)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm down with the draft but I think Vernon is going to get paid more than that. The Dolpins tagged him at $12.7 million. I bet they'd match at $10 million a year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sims and Barnes are the only ones I regret letting go, but they'll make too much on the open market

I don't know why you make that assumption. Barnes wasn't bowled over with overs last year and Simms is a back up DE. He isn't starter material. I think their value is hard to determine but neither is even a second tier FA. Probably second week of free agency types. I like Simms a lot but don't see him breaking the bank as a backup.

The draft? I love Lynch's potential but man if he was really as bad as reports say on the white board then he has a very long ways to go, like 2-3 years. It is tough to use a first round pick on a guy that is that raw. Plus he came off as aloof. That may just be his style but it doesn't put on to mind of a guy who is a driven student of the game type that is very serious. Lynch has been my guy all season at QB. But I am really wondering how he goes in round 1 and not start for 2-3 years. I guess a team like the Packers could do that, but the Rams need production soon, especially from a first rounder.

So who could they take in round 1 that could start somewhere? Probably DE is the most likely or WR. There will be good picks in the 15 range for both. If they want an instant starter they probably have to move up. We will know which way they are going if as soon as we hear of a trade. Maybe they trade up in the top of round 2 for Lynch or the bottom of round 1, which would make it more palatable but this staff does not have a great track record for developing QBs.

I like the rest of the draft. I question if some of those guys will be there by then. Wright I think goes before round 4. I would put Shepard or better yet Doctson ahead of Martin. I like Martin a lot but prefer the Center from Alabama a bit more.

Canaday is a good player but I don't like D'Runnya Wilson at all. Id rather they go after some more obscure high ceiling guys than take a low ceiling power 5 WR.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Draft

#15 overall - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis.

#43 overall - Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame.

#45 overall - Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma

#76 overall - Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia.

4th round (Rams) - Scooby Wright III, LB, Arizona.

6th round - De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State.
I like your picks! BUT ...

#15 - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis.
#43 - Josh Doctson, WR TCU. (Martin can be had Later)
#45 - Jason Spriggs OT Indians
#76 - Maurice Canady, CB Virginia

I personally would rather go this way!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would love it.. Really like going after a OC to put the finishing touches to the next great LA OL unit. It was a staple in the 80's etc. Only thing is I think Scooby Wright may go higher in the draft. Lynch is the Consolation prize at QB (Wentz)

Also, I question if Haynes would agree to do a 2 year deal. I think he earned a slightly longer deal. I also think we will be resigning Legatron simply because the market is crapola!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like it overall but I agree with @jrry32 he's going to get paid more than that. Also with you not resigning Chase and Tres new legal issues I'd wager the 6th goes to a change of pace type with KR abilities.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The only pick I don't like is Lynch at 15. We cannot take a project/risk at 15. Everything I've read and seen suggests that's exactly what he is. I know we need one, but I just don't think he's it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Trade back a few spots and take LOB Leonard Floyd. Especially if he can play 4-3 OLB. Would add another big play edge guy. Then go WR, QB, DL, TE, & CB with what you have left.

nighttrain

Legend
if we dont move up to grab a QB, i really dont care who we draft, we'll still be a losing team
trainm